Montreal, March 2009: very short report

newatthis
This topic is 5664 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just back from a great trip to Montreal. The short story is that Campus is the place to be. There are scads of new cute dancers, most of them friendly and willing to chat for quite a while without pushiness. Outstanding new dancer award goes to Timo, just in from Windsor, tight swimmer's body, close-cropped blond hair. Outstanding old dancer award goes to Tommy, adorable, with a body to kill for. He's stunningly good on stage, acrobatic with break dance moves in his fast dances, and highly erotic in his slows. I also enjoyed Gabriel, Galliano, David, and Devin, among many others.

I got to L'Adonis a couple of times and liked what I saw (though neither the quantity nor the quality of the dancers matched Campus), but both times I was with younger friends and couldn't really sample the wares. Taboo was very sad the one night I stopped in – 3 dancers (nice enough, but nothing special) and 3 customers.

I had planned to try Stock on Thursday night after dinner, but I first stopped back at Campus to say hello to Criss, formerly of Taboo, who was scheduled to work the shooter bar. I never left. Big surprise – the post-9 pm Campus superannuated muscle guys have been replaced by a lively crew of dancers very similar to the afternoon guys (perhaps a bit more weighted towards muscle, but nothing outlandish). Those guys, plus doing shooters with Criss and hearing the reasons for the decline of Taboo and his move to Campus, took up the rest of my evening.

Although Quebec is doing better economically than most of the rest of Canada, and Canada is doing better than we are in the States, the effects of the recession are obvious in the strip clubs. I met many dancers who had taken up or resumed dancing because they had lost their jobs or had their hours cut back.

The Canadian dollar, which has been as low as US$0.76 in recent weeks, is on the rise again. Go soon!

Great Report.

Thanks much for your timely and exciting report from Montreal. It sounds very good. I am looking forward to getting up there soon. I am sorry to hear about Taboo; the place provided many, many very happy nights for me over the years. I hope they will be able to make a come-back; others have.

Always look forward to your observations. Although I suppose I can forgive you not making it to Stock for some dancer reports if you spent the evening 'drinking' with Criss at Campus (I'd do the same :) Your reports always have me scrambling for airfare sales so I can return soon myself. But I'm thinking May...last time I made an April trip, there was a snowstorm which dumped almost 2 feet of snow on the city.

...Although I suppose I can forgive you not making it to Stock for some dancer reports if you spent the evening 'drinking' with Criss at Campus (I'd do the same :))

I haven't reached your level at the shooter bar:), but I'm working on it. Actually, I never even knew Campus had a shooter bar until this visit, since I always avoided staying past 9.

... But I'm thinking May...last time I made an April trip, there was a snowstorm which dumped almost 2 feet of snow on the city.

I didn't mention the weather, since it was a short report. Every day except Thursday (when it was cloudy with some intermittent light rain) was beautiful and sunny; daytime highs varied from the mid-20s to the high 40s, depending on the day.

arriving i MTL on Wed

I will be back in MTL on Wednesday.. thru the following Monday. I hope the weather holds up for me.. I wouldn't mind some snow, but hope it isnt rainy all the time. I look forward to the change from our already 80plus degrees here in Phoenix. I will have my computer so will hopefully keep updates flowing on the current state of affairs..Anyone else going to be there at the same time???

I will be back in MTL on Wednesday.. thru the following Monday. I hope the weather holds up for me.. I wouldn't mind some snow, but hope it isnt rainy all the time. I look forward to the change from our already 80plus degrees here in Phoenix. I will have my computer so will hopefully keep updates flowing on the current state of affairs..Anyone else going to be there at the same time???

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to make it... :mad:

Archived