Montreal: 411 on Taboo

Guest bradhws
This topic is 5565 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest bradhws

So what is the latest updates on the status of Taboo? Are most former Taboo dancers still at Adonis? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Taboo

I dropped by Taboo last Saturday (June 20) after the fireworks, so around 10:45 p.m..

There were fewer than 12 customers when I walked in and around 4 dancers.

I ordered a drink and watched two dancers - both cute. The second, James, mounted the stage for his slow dance wearing jeans which he dropped to his ankles. Without removing the cowboy boots, or his jeans, he proceeded to attack the pole with the large belt buckle bashing around.

I was not impressed. I stayed for twenty minutes and by the time I left there were still fewer than 20 people.

The street of the Village, now closed to traffic, was packed. It was like moving through a busy bar.

I moved on to Stock. As I approached the bar, I noticed that there were more dancers outside on their tiny terrace than there had been people at Taboo. The bar was packed, not SRO but close.

I saw Diego, former Taboo dancer. They have a dozen new dancers (according to Fugues), and the show was one of the best I've seen in a long time. During a three-some (three dancers on three stages), the very cute dancer in the shower (named Renaud) stepped across to the bar and continued his dance moving along the bar.

Next stop was Campus and it was just as busy as Stock.

As to Adonis and former Taboo dancers, when I visited Adonis three weeks earlier, my friend and I were joined at our table by former Taboo dancers Pierre-Luc, Francis, and Derek (a former Mr. Taboo). These were only a few of the former Taboo dancers I noticed.

dance rates as of 6/25/09 in Montreal

The posted signs now say $20/song at Campus (there's no longer a posted $10 option), $12 at Taboo, and $15 at Adonis. Many Campus dancers are open to other arrangements. I didn't see the signs at Stock; there used to be dual $10/$20 (curtain open/closed) pricing.

are the curtains still super short at adonis? any curtains at taboo or still open room???

I didn't go into either of those back rooms. Adonis does have a rather grim list of rules posted at the entrance and elsewhere threatening to permanently bar any client or dancer who breaks the city rules by, among other things, "touching the penis or genital area."

Paradise by the dash board light

So what is the latest updates on the status of Taboo? Are most former Taboo dancers still at Adonis? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Paradise by the dash board light

Montreal’s fireworks competition is every Saturday night though to the August 22.

This week (June 27) was England's turn.

The close of their show was absolutely extraordinary - 10 breathtaking minutes.

To watch the fireworks I head for a spot 5 blocks from Taboo - less than a five-minute walk.

The music for the show is broadcast by a local radio station (FM 105.7). The music really does make a difference.

Towards the end it was Meatloaf singing “Paradise by the dash board light” with over 20 bursts per minute – absolutely spectacular. The show didn’t end with that. They followed “the Immortals” by Evanescence. Genuinely breathtaking.

I walked back to Taboo.

There were slightly more clients than the week before, and a few more dancers. That means that when I walked in there were 20 clients and 10 dancers. And, of course, that really sweet waiter who knows me well enough to walk over with my drink before he served anyone else.

I like the wait staff. I don’t need people to know my name. When he smiled and said “gin and tonic”, I was home.

It’s important to say I want this bar to succeed.

There are people who work here, and there are some people who do their job really well.

It’s up to the owner to figure out what that requires.

I had noticed earlier that all of the lottery/video machines are gone. I don’t think that’s a good sign. For most of the bars, those things provide an important supplement to their incomes.

I talked to a dancer who like everyone else was new. He started this week. He danced ten years ago - before taking a break! He wasn’t really impressed with the current management.

When I headed for the door, there were 30 clients and 10 dancers.

That’s not the best; but, it’s also not the worst.

The on and off again showers (which are scheduled to continue throughout the week) meant that the street of the Village wasn’t as packed, but still very busy.

My next stop was Adonis.

I expected it to be packed. It wasn’t. About half the seats were filled.

There were fewer dancers, and the two of the first three I watched were new (Sunny and Christoper) The third, Sean, is sex-on-a-stick.

If I were to guess why so few regular dancers, I’d say a number of them would have headed out-of-town for working vacations at the various Pride celebrations (Toronto, New York, or Providence). Montreal’s are later in the summer.

As I walked into Stock, Daniel was in the shower holding his impressive, very hard cock. The show that night was a bit more staid than the week before; but, as I sat there for about an hour I realized that I hadn’t seen one dancer that I didn’t like.

A new dancer, Paulo, has to be one of the greatest looking guys I have ever seen, and fun to talk to. He’s originally from Lisbon. As well, the really cute barman at the secondary bar (in front of the shower), Guillaume, proved to be excellent at dirty martinis.

The bar was still crowded when I left just after 1.

The Jazz Festival starts tomorrow, Tuesday, and the opening free concert features Stevie Wonder. I have my fingers crossed that the showers hold off for those few hours at least.

Guest YFSC
The posted signs now say $20/song at Campus (there's no longer a posted $10 option), $12 at Taboo, and $15 at Adonis. Many Campus dancers are open to other arrangements. I didn't see the signs at Stock; there used to be dual $10/$20 (curtain open/closed) pricing.

It was $15 at Adonis and there was a sign saying new one-level pricing (i.e., they did away with the 10/20 pricing). BUT -- they also took the curtains down. So it was that the $20 dances went away and the $10 dances got raised to $15. :-( But it doesn't matter any more, since Adonis is now closed for good.

Stock still has the signs that offer 10/20 open/closed pricing, and the curtains are still there.

Taboo has gone up to $12/dance. No option, no curtains.

Guest YFSC
are the curtains still super short at adonis? any curtains at taboo or still open room???

The curtains at Adonis were not short -- they were removed. But now Adonis has been removed too.

Guest YFSC

Will report on Taboo in a few days.

I dropped in a couple times this weekend.

Things were a bit better from when I was last there this spring. But I mean we're talking minor improvements. Still only 1 or 2 hot guys - lots of guys who are almost pass-able if you've had a few! :)

Bigger crowds when I was there this weekend... when I was there in spring, there were maybe 5 or 6 clients on a Sat night. There were probably 20 or so when I went in this weekend.

But Adonis is definitely the winner of the 2. I read in the other thread of a closing rumor. If it turns out to be true, I'm sure Taboo will pick back up. But the Adonis web site says the rumor is bunk.

Archived