Breaking News: L'ADONIS CLOSES and other news from Ste. Catherine est

Guest YFSC
This topic is 5543 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

"The manager of Stock resigned from there several days ago, and reportedly will be the manager of the new club."

Such loyalty! You give a guy a job, trust him to manage your business, let him get experience, and he then goes down the street to compete with you.

Isn't that the way of the world, Lucky?

But also I think that he was originally hired by the former owner of Stock, who is now the new owner of the late Adonis, so in fact it probably reflects loyalty after all.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new plan actually sounds like quite a good business plan. If you look at the mix of folk enjoying the various bars and restaurants along St. Catherine throughout the week and throughout the evening, you'll see young, old, male, female and everywhere inbetween. There are more and more mixed groups - gays, straights, guys and girls - and a strip club catering to that same mix should do well.

J

That may well be correct, and it may be a good business plan for the owner, which is what counts on the bottom line. But it ain't good for most of the patrons of the old Adonis or of this board.

The remodel sounds sensible and a better use of the space. I just have a doubt in my mind over how successful it will actually be for the new roster of dancers though... mixed crowd clients and a wider age-spread could well lead to way less lap dances. I just feel more comfortable being approached for lap dances when the crowd is mostly men.

J

Exactly. The female crowd is not known for being big spenders or for indulging in lots of lap dances. And most of the former customers will probably not feel very comfortable in the new environment. They will not be very likely to patronize the new bar, or if they do, they will probably be less likely to hang out and go to the back.

"The manager of Stock resigned from there several days ago, and reportedly will be the manager of the new club."

Such loyalty! You give a guy a job, trust him to manage your business, let him get experience, and he then goes down the street to compete with you.

Do you mean the Bars Manager Danny...or The Dancers Manager JP

• 3 weeks later...

Archived