Strip club in NYC/ SPLASH???

good ol boy
This topic is 5491 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

what time are the shows at splash

what time are the shows at splash.

is their one an hour, or is it just one midnight show with 10 dancers,

do they have 2 dancers, 4, 10 a night

do they still have a shower show,

last time i was at splash was 10 years ago.

T

It is definitely true that Splash, at times, has amazing go-go dancers. Their interaction with 'the public' is a bit limited though. Splash doesn't have a champagne room either, which is both a good and a bad thing. One of the Brazilian guys recently offered to give me oral s*x in the men's room for $50, but I declined. Twenty years ago I would probably have considered it.

In conclusion: nice eye candy, but not much more. It's a well-managed and fun bar/club though.

10 years? If you go to Splash you'll never recognize the place as it was done over a number of years ago. Main floor has 2 bars and a dance floor. There is a stage, sort of, and go-go boys dancing around the club and on the bars throughout the evening. No showtimes. Dancers start performing after 10PM. There is another bar and lounge downstairs with a shower stall behind the DJ. Very few showers these days.

Other NYC "go-go" venues include:

Chelsea: Rawhide (nightly), G-Lounge (Sunday), Rush (Saturday), Secret (Friday/Saturday), Club 20 (Sunday)

West Village: The Hangar (Saturday), The Monster (Tuesday/Saturday), Stonewall (Thursday)

East Village; The Urge (nightly), The Cock (Saturday), DTox (Sunday)

HK: HK (Saturday), Escuelita (Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday)

East Side; Evolve (Saturday), the Web (Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)

There are dancers at club/party events around town. Check NEXT magazine ( a free bar guide) for more details on weekly or monthly events.

http://www.nextmagazine.net/nextweek/friday.php

Enjoy.

ED

10 years? If you go to Splash you'll never recognize the place as it was done over a number of years ago. Main floor has 2 bars and a dance floor. There is a stage, sort of, and go-go boys dancing around the club and on the bars throughout the evening. No showtimes. Dancers start performing after 10PM. There is another bar and lounge downstairs with a shower stall behind the DJ. Very few showers these days.

Other NYC "go-go" venues include:

Chelsea: Rawhide (nightly), G-Lounge (Sunday), Rush (Saturday), Secret (Friday/Saturday), Club 20 (Sunday)

West Village: The Hangar (Saturday), The Monster (Tuesday/Saturday), Stonewall (Thursday)

East Village; The Urge (nightly), The Cock (Saturday), DTox (Sunday)

HK: HK (Saturday), Escuelita (Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday)

East Side; Evolve (Saturday), the Web (Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)

There are dancers at club/party events around town. Check NEXT magazine ( a free bar guide) for more details on weekly or monthly events.

http://www.nextmagazine.net/nextweek/friday.php

Enjoy.

ED

Thank you ED. Your knowledge on this subject is truly encyclopedic.

All I can add is a bit of history. Up until about 3 years ago, Splash had a number of lap dancers downstairs from about 7 to 10PM on Saturdays. In one of its periodic purges, Splash and a number of other clubs, some of them straight, were closed for allowing drug trades on the premise. Splash was soon absolved of that charge and reopened a day or so later. In the legal wrangling that arose in that incident, it was discovered that Splash did not have the required NYC cabaret license to permit lap dancing and rather than try to get that license in that highly charged environment, they just stopped the lap dancing.

Splash did used to have lap dancing. However, it wasn't much. From the one time I saw it it was in partially curtained area downstairs and basically anyone who wanted to could see patrons getting a dance. Needless to say as this is New York, no nudity.

Splash does have attractive go-go dancers and bar staff, but as a whole I think the venue is pretty lame and not worth the cover and cost of drinks.

Splash does have attractive go-go dancers and bar staff, but as a whole I think the venue is pretty lame and not worth the cover and cost of drinks.

But apparently there's free admission tonight, at least to those claiming to have a Manhunt membership. (I have no idea how they're going to patrol that one, short of asking for a print-out of your profile perhaps?)

http://www.splashbar.com/images/pic-manhunt-splash500.jpg

Kevin Slater

Archived