Palm Springs A Go-Go?

Lucky
This topic is 5342 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Can you picture all of the senior citizens in Palm Springs getting up on the stage and shaking it in a thong? Then you are perverted!

But, especially in high season, those seniors should be able to support a strip club. Yet strip shows come and go. Now a newer restaurant wants to be the place on Friday nights, so it is advertising Huge Fridays, with Ultra Go-Go Boys and special guest appearances by "Major Adult Film Stars."

The place is DINKS (think double income, no kids). They tried to be a trendy gay restaurant but couldn't keep the cute gay waiters, and the straight seniors decided that they too were dinks. So, it's a nice place looking for its identity.

With $3 Blow Jobs...and other drink specials, they believe that they will be "a destination worth driving to."

Perhaps we will find out on opening night tomorrow when Romann hits town.

Can you picture all of the senior citizens in Palm Springs getting up on the stage and shaking it in a thong? Then you are perverted!

But, especially in high season, those seniors should be able to support a strip club. Yet strip shows come and go...

On my first visit to the Perle Mesta of Palm Springs, he and I went to one of these go-go clubs (perhaps he'll remember which one). The talent was in their mid- to late 30's. In great anticipation, we set out another evening for a wet T-shirt contest. Those guys were even older. I admire the courage it takes to get up on stage at that age (and in the condition they were in) -- I'd never have the balls to do it.

Bingo or strippers, bingo or strippers? Gosh, it's so hard to decide!

Even more difficult:

Bingo, strippers or Romann; or Romann, strippers or bingo; or Romann, bingo or strippers. Oh f**k strippers and bingo. Opppppppppppps, I mean f**k Romann [bIGGGGGGGGGG SIGH!!!].

DINKS does indeed have an identity problem. They actually started out trying to be a trendy straight restaurant, then a semi-gay restaurant with music, but the demographic that latched onto them was straight seniors. Bringing in strippers will definitely drive away those customers, and they will have to try again. It's a shame, because I really like the food.

Archived