iPhone OS4

g56whiz
This topic is 5192 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm not an Apple addict. Actually I retired from IBM (as a finance person not a techie). But I received the gift of an iPhone last November that I really like except I can't multi-task while enjoying NPR. Does anyone know whether Apples' newer iPhones will upgradeable and when that up grade might be available? Thanks.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChgoBoy

Os4

I just spoke with an apple guy who tells me that when the new Apple OS4 drops sometime this summer (guessing end July), you will be able to listen to NPR and surf at the same time with the 3GS.

Once the OS4 is available, all you will need to do is download it from the itunes store.

Guest ChgoBoy
If Apple continues their current plan to force advertising on all iPhone users in OS/4, it will be a cold day in hell before I'll install it.

I'm still trying to get the telemarketers to leave me the fuck alone on my cell phone. I can't imagine both if you're talking about iAD. And I'm not talking about the airport. :(

Wasn't it not to long ago when you said all you wanted your cell phone to do was make and receive calls? :)

If Apple continues their current plan to force advertising on all iPhone users in OS/4, it will be a cold day in hell before I'll install it.

I'm hoping some ingenious app creator will be able to create an app to at least monitor if not block these pernicious ads. I might even pay for such an app.

Somebody better get to Steve Jobs to let him know that I and others didn't pay $300 for a billboard for which he receives the revenues.

Wasn't it not to long ago when you said all you wanted your cell phone to do was make and receive calls? :)

They finally came up with the killer app: GPS navigation. No need to carry (and forget/drop/lose/break) a separate device when driving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not feeling so special now.

NO!!!!!!!!!

I'm right there with you. The shame... Being that SO many have the beloved iPhone, now EVERYONE in mobile nation will jump on the band wagon. ;)

I want my new toy now. Tuesday can't arrive soon enough so I can place my order.

If you place the order online, pay attention when you get the UPS tracking number. The UPS website always shows scans at point of origin and various places along the way as the package is handled.

The origin will be in China. It's just sorta cool to see the routing from there.

(And I always get a mental image of those big brown trucks bobbing along as they cross the ocean.)

Guest ChgoBoy

From the article......"One reason T-Mobile is a likely candidate is because the company's wireless technology is similar to AT&T's. Sprint and Verizon Wireless use a different wireless standard, so converting the iPhone to run on their networks would presumably involve more technical hurdles."

So really, if that's the case, unless T- Mobile has a killer data/voice price plan package, why bother? Currently, according to their own coverage map, their 3-g network lags considerably behind both AT&T and Verizon. And this iphone is fired up to benefit from 4g.

I don't get it. Why go backwards?

Guest ChgoBoy

Still. It's like taking your Mercedes Benz into a Chevy, I mean Chevrolet dealership for service. Why would you do that?

I'd NEVER buy an iphone and rely on T-Mobile for service.

Never. Nope.

I don't really see the big to do about this version of the igotrippedoffphone. Just abouy everything that is being offered on this version has been available for about a yr with the exception of the hd thing. Apple over all is about a yr behind Palm and HTC.

Hugs,

Greg

Sent via the great HTC EVO 4g Sprint network

Guest ChgoBoy

Hello. My Name is Steve Jobs. And yes, I'm handing over my phenomenally popular and profitable iphone device to service provider networks that I'm convinced will destroy it's popularity and your desire to own one.

I'm doing this because I have bigger and better things in mind for you. Please T-Mobile, don't let me down.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af336/clarity241/iwall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Already available.

OK! Every time I pass by the app store on my 3GS iPhone, they have another 2,3 or 4 apps to update. I guess they're getting ready for O/S4 but when already?

The new OS4 for all the iPhones was released a couple days ago. Be prepared that the download can take between 30 and 50 minutes. Enjoy the new look!

New phone but no play...

My new iPhone 4 is waiting for me at home and sitting on my kitchen counter. My dog sitter called to confirm that it arrived is safely at my place. He also asked if he could open it up and look at the phone which was abruptly accompanied by a "HELL NO! I'll bend you over and not in a good way if I find that box is opened!" :)

Now I have something to look forward to when I return to Dallas on the 1st of July. It's my birthday gift to myself and it's the best gift yet!

Archived