Adonis Lounge Party Thurs June 17

Adonis Lounge
This topic is 5151 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I guess I need to chime in here on the "women at the Adonis" issue that seems to be taking up lots of time on this site (which could be used for better purposes like talking about how hot Octavio is - nothing on that subject -- or the debut of BIG LOU - no comments on that either!)

Back to women -- I can take responsibility for one of the now infamous seven; however, I would like to point out some pertinent facts (though I am not trying to change anyone's opinions):

first of all she arrived with a hot hot hot dancer from Florida, that Tim quickly offered work to - in fact, an open invitation to appear anytime! He was quickly hit on by several guests as well.

Second - she books dancers at GAY MALE CLUBS herself so in addition to many of the dancers knowing and liking her, she is certainly aware of Strip Club etiquette. (I wish many of the regulars were as generous to the dancers and bar staff!!)

Third- She has a bigger penis than half the dancers on stage.

So, all I would ask is that you refrain from the judgmental attitude and let's try and be a little more inclusive of the diversity in our community. No, I don't want to see one of the girls jumping on stage. But I don't want to see any drunk MALE customers jumping on stage baring their butt either (as happened last week as well). We are all there for the same reason - to see the boys on stage and have a good time.

Now, can we talk about Octavio and Lou and Sean....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CGFD

I dont understand....

You refer to HER as a "she" but "she" is a "male" and has a bigger penis than most of the dancers?

If SHE is a HE why do you think its a problem for HIM to come to Adonis?

Who is Octavo ? I dont think he was there last night...

I wish the Adonis lounge was open tonight :) (HINT)

I thought this part of thread was actually put to bed, but I'm curious, so now I feel the need to comment. The female stripper came with her guy friend and she was actually a pretty cool chick (I spoke with her). She actually is a stripper herself and and only got up there on a dare. Plus, she only did it after everything had wound down and the club was nearly empty anyway, so big deal. It was funny. I thought the evening was VERY male-centric and both Alexander & Shawn practically made me melt. The way those studs put it down, I wouldn't have noticed if there had been 50 women present! As long as it's no more than a mere handful of gals compared to an overwhelming majority of guys, I don't think it should negatively affect the male-dominated atmosphere. Given the policy that has been explicitly posted here, I trust the Lounge people to keep the ratio at an acceptable level so that this remains a gay male oriented event. As to the "he" vs. "she" issue, I think there's a bit of trans etiquette we all need to observe.

2nd, and most importantly, IMHO, who was the hot dancer from Florida? I was there last week on the 10th and I don't specifically remembering anyone being introduced from FL, and I was damn near taking notes. I'd selfishly appreciate a picture of this hot Floridian as someone else generously provided one of cutie patootie JR. And how can one learn of this Adam person that guys are drooling over?

By the way, I absolutely LOVE the "Brazilian contingent" (Alexander, Gustavo and others). Please continue to have them at the Lounge. Takes me back to those glorious days in Rio. Until I can return, these guys help me get my fix. ;)

CGFD

I dont understand....

You refer to HER as a "she" but "she" is a "male" and has a bigger penis than most of the dancers?

If SHE is a HE why do you think its a problem for HIM to come to Adonis?

I wish the Adonis lounge was open tonight :) (HINT)

U

NYTomcat, It's always a pleasure hanging out with you. You always have a great time regardless of how long you're at the strip clubs, why is that? ;) Let's do it again real soon. And, I have to agree that our young dinner guest was a delight both eating out and relaxing on the sofa... Sorry that we lost Adam Smith, I hope he got home safely. He'll have to share with us his late night experience. He might have had the best time of all of us.

Remember, Sunday is Sugar Daddy's Day.

Coop[/QUOTe]

Why ok one cause im just an easy slut when I hang out with you boyz. And I have learned from the master. Master Cooper that is. When you like something go after it and dont let anything get in the way. As always coop tax Adam I'd never have the guts to do alone 1/2 of what I do with your guidance. Can't thank you guys enough. As always a great time. Im just sorry that private matters pulled me away early. .. ;)

Not sure Adam can make the 24th as he may be traveling. But I know he will be back in Adonis very soon as I spoke with recently and he was so very sorry to not be able to make it to the club last night. Still Tim hats off to you on an incredible line up. Some not my type but you Always have Something for everyone. But on behest of another poster and attendee. Twinkish Latino. If you happen to come across one. LOL. Not me. Im the burly Jock next door type. But hey...

CGFD

I dont understand....

You refer to HER as a "she" but "she" is a "male" and has a bigger penis than most of the dancers? If SHE is a HE why do you think its a problem for HIM to come to Adonis?

She lives as a woman. I just ask we remember that there is a lot of diversity in our community, and we should be respectful of that.

And sorry about the mixup with Gustavo. ADONIS LOUNGE was right... when my blood leaves my brain I get confused... Apologies to Gustavo.

Sorry that we lost Adam Smith

Coop, Taz, Tomcat, skynyc -- wonderful evening.

And sorry to have gone missing! Between stepping out for air, and stepping over to the lapdance room for some deliberate suffocation :), I somehow lost you. But I was there until closing. After which two of the dancers took me (i.e., bummed a cab ride off me :p) to a party underway at the Hudson Hotel. Which scene, however, could not hold a candle to what we saw in Brooklyn.

Here's to next time, and the next, and the next...!

And to management, thanks in advance for all current and future twink members of the lineup.

Policy on women

"Hey guys there is going to be another hot male stripper show this Thursday November 19 in Brooklyn NY, We should hopefully have over 15 hot male dancers in the lineup that evening , this private venue is for men only and men must be 21 and up to attend and be on our invite list." by jaynnj

"(I wish many of the regulars were as generous to the dancers and bar staff!!)" by CGFD

Hey CGFD, No need to be rude to the "regulars" who spend the big bucks each week supporting the Adonis Lounge... What's posted above, "men only", is the original intent of the Club. For that reason, people like me, aka "regulars", have been supporting this club, its staff, and dancers. If the management wants to change it's original policy re: women, that's fine with me, just inform us of the change so we can decide if we want to attend or not. Do you agree?

So, you want to talk about the dancers? Great, write a review, I'd be interested in hearing your take on the lineup. :)

Coop

All of the comments, opinions and concerns expressed by Adonis customers, have been taken into considerration and will be addressed moving forward. As always we're committed to listening to our patrons and finding an acceptable middle ground that allows everyone to feel comfortable.

Cooper, tazmanian5230, and CGFD are all personal friends of mine who have supported our efforts since October and offered much assistance along the way. I appreciate all the suggestions, help, and ideas you have all contributed thus far. But I respectfully ask that we close this topic for now, unless someone feels that adjustments havent been made to our club in Brooklyn, moving forward. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Adonis Lounge TOO MANY WOMEN AND A BAD SHOW !

The Adonis Lounge is a male party, catering to men and aiming to provide a relaxed enviornment where we can all enjoy ourselves and have fun. Since its inception in October, we've paid close attention to accomodating all of our customers suggestions, comments, and complaints, in an effort to facilitate a constantly improving club. Our party is not catered to or marketed to women in any way. Women are only allowed entry if accompanied by a gay friend or group. It is true that there were 7 women present at last weeks show. They were brought by 7 men if not more, some of which have been loyal customers since the begining when we truly needed support.

I'm not sure what is going on with this place. The last time this issue came up the promoter posted the above statement and asked that we not discuss the issue again.

Last night not only were women (out numbered the men) allowed in, there was a female dancer almost naked on stage. DISGUSTING !

Another princess in pink slippers thought he would be the star of the show and started dancing on stage with the dancers and in front of the stage, one dancer looked like he was in fear for his life when the slipper princess was on stage with him.

I dont understand how the promoter continues to ask for our money and support and allows this to continue to go on.

"MAKE IT RAIN"?

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!!!

The music was so loud and unorginized the dancers seemed to stop going on stage and some even left.

So did I.

The lap dance area was converted into a seating area filled with females watching men getting lap dances. UGH!

Several regular customers were also confused with what was goin on and also left.

Is this the future for this place?

Screaming girls and pink slipper customers on stage acting a fool?

WAKE UP ADONIS LOUNGE !!

Make it Rain event

Tippy, Thanks for your reporting. Imo, it's a fair account of what took place once the party goers arrived.

I agree with most of what you said, however, in all fairness to management, we were advised of this party just not of the fact that there would be more women in attendance than men.

My concern is that these young party goers don't tip or do lap dances and the dancers were constantly seeking out the few "regulars" in attendance, not the many young party goers, to help them out. Since the lap dance area was well lit and set up for the overflow of the party, it just wasn't a suitable setting for doing one. I also don't attend these events to listen to the dancers complaining that they're not making money. Please, park your problems at the door or tell management.

I'm sure management will address these issues and work something out. Remember, this was the 1st "make it rain" event and some issues/details need to be addressed. This message center has done a lot to promote this club. The management has also been very good at listening to and addressing our concerns.

Tippy, like you, I also noticed that dancers were leaving early, after all, why should they stick around and make no money... Like you, I probably won't attend another "make it rain" party. I'm sure if I were in my mid 20's this event would be fun, although, I did notice that many of these party goers, especially the women, departed after the female pole dancer did her thing.

Hopefully, next Thursday's event will return to the same venue that we've become accustomed to and that is, men dancing for men.

Coop

I agree, I arrived early as suggested to miss the party crowd...but sadly no one had told the dancers to arrive early. At 9:00 there were only two guys there. Fortunately, I am friendly with them and used the time to catch up. I left at 11:00 having seen most of the dancers who were there on stage, and it was filling with women. Had my two lap dances early...so no spectators.

I am away this week, but will go back for a normal not "raining" Thursday.

I have a question for my fellow Strip Club Fans, whose opinions and guidance I always value. Since Adonis Lounge opened, I am not seeing much about Club 20 on these boards anymore. Has Club 20 fallen out of favor? Should I avoid Club 20 and frequent Adonis Lounge instead? Thanks for your inputs!

I have a question for my fellow Strip Club Fans, whose opinions and guidance I always value. Since Adonis Lounge opened, I am not seeing much about Club 20 on these boards anymore. Has Club 20 fallen out of favor? Should I avoid Club 20 and frequent Adonis Lounge instead? Thanks for your inputs!

YES!

we have!! Adonis has offered what 20 Club does not: friendly management, courtesy staff, hot dancers who do not pressure you to do lap dances or champagne rooms, and a great mix of folks. All at normal, not inflated prices! Check it out and see for yourself.

This comming week will be a "normal" evening at the Adonis Lounge. As we approach our one-year anniversary at Adonis, we will continue to listen to our customer's grievances and suggestions, and make changes that improve our club.

As far as the "Make It Rain" party, perhaps it wasn't the best plan to mix two diverse crowds into one evening. If I had the liberty to move that event to a Friday or Saturday, that may have been a better option, but I am not the owner so I could not. What we were left with was a party of 50 or so locals who weren't spending much if anything on the dancers, but were drinking. Again, it became a balancing act of what was best for the Adonis regulars and dancers, and the bar. Its not easy to turn down a party of 50 and I do not have the authority to do so or move it to a different day even if I wanted to. We tried to do the best we could to accomodate everyone, but obviously we did not. Mistakes were made. Management will speak with the owners and reach a resolution that meets everyones needs, paying close attention to our regulars first and foremost, as you are our priority.

As an aside, the dancers who were booked that evening were told in advance by me personally the nature of that evenings party and actually warned that it may not be the best money night, except for a couple of last minute replacements. Most of the dancers that were booked, actually were ok with "taking one for the team," which was quite refreshing to hear. All in all I think we have a good thing going on Thursday nights, a good group of dancers, and loyal customers who understand that sometimes mistakes are made, but they will be rectified.

20 CLub, still going strong

Baron,

I was at the 20C tonight along with a few other board members. We all had a good time. It's business as usual. Good diverse lineup, something for everyone. If I were you, I'd attend both clubs and decide for yourself. I'm just happy we have more than one strip club to choose from. Wish we had more.

Not sure why jaynnj isn't posting any info on the 20 Club or sharing any pictures of the dancers. It certainly would help generate more interest.

Coop

Baron,

I was at the 20C tonight along with a few other board members. We all had a good time. It's business as usual. Good diverse lineup, something for everyone. If I were you, I'd attend both clubs and decide for yourself. I'm just happy we have more than one strip club to choose from. Wish we had more.

Not sure why jaynnj isn't posting any info on the 20 Club or sharing any pictures of the dancers. It certainly would help generate more interest.

Coop

HEAR ! HEAR ! - I for one would like to see the organizers of the 20 Club post at least a few dancer's names. I understand the fickle nature of the dancers, but it would be a great help to know in advance if some favorites will be there or not. Since the two venues take place on different nights each week, it is definitely a gift to have more than one option in the city that (almost) never sleeps...In other words, the more, the merrier.

Coop, any names of your favorites from last night - maybe that's getting off topic ?

And to the management of Adonis, thanks for putting together a great time each week, and please bring back the SWEET as apple pie, Adam very soon!

And to the management of Adonis...... please bring back the SWEET as apple pie, Adam very soon!

Brett, Adam was working at the 20C last night and looking as hot as ever. He's definitely one of the club's favorites... Other favorites of mine working last night were: Blaze, Dirty Jersey, Costa, Tall Scott, and Tommy.... Last night's torrential rains kept many customers away. The club was really dead.

Brett, Adam was working at the 20C last night and looking as hot as ever. He's definitely one of the club's favorites... Other favorites of mine working last night were: Blaze, Dirty Jersey, Costa, Tall Scott, and Tommy.... Last night's torrential rains kept many customers away. The club was really dead.

COOP - who was ADAM? Can you remind us? Don't remember him!

Adam

CGFD, Adam is a popular dancer at the 20C, he used to work at the Adonis Lounge when it first opened. He's average height, light brown hair, blue eyes, medium muscular build, and lived in NJ. He gives an excellent lap dance and is very friendly and personable. Last night he wore these tight fitting white briefs that showed off his amazing butt.

Hope this helps.

Coop

I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I had a great time last week at the "Make it Rain" version of the Adonis Lounge. I in no way would want it to replace our regular nights, but as a change of pace it was great. I enjoyed seeing so many young people there and I loved the music as well. Perhaps it was a generational thing as they were mostly in my age range, give or take a few years, so I could totally see myself hanging out with them. It was good to see young people who are okay with mixing across the gay-straight line, totally comfortable with the goofiness and silliness (mean that in a good way) of the whole stripping scene, enjoying a birthday celebration for one of their peers. By the way the birthday boy was totally hot! If anyone has his name and number, hit me up!

Jokes aside it was probably the most fun I had at the Lounge just due to the music and overall energy of the crowd. I had no qualms about getting lap dances with people there (I've never seen that as a private or semi-private kind of activity -- it's for bold people). I felt a little bad that the dancers couldn't earn as much as they wanted because the younger people weren't as interested in the lap dances. But selfishly, I'd think the lack of competition made it easier to get the dancers you'd want. I spent more on dances last week than I'd ever spent since being at the Lounge. And I really enjoyed Sapphire (the lone female dancer). She was super friendly, could dance her ass off, and was incredibly entertaining. I go there to be entertained and she along with the rest of the guys (& those 2 super-hot amateurs Coop spoke of) thoroughly entertained me that night.

I personally think "Make it Rain" would be fine once every month or two as long as there's advanced notice to the regulars and the dancers (as there was in this case) so if people don't want to be around those loud rambunctious young people* they can choose not to come that night. Let's be honest, no one comes every single Thursday (well I did for the first month cuz it was all new to me, but now it's more like twice a month). If we are notified in advance of when these kinds of parties will be, then those who are averse to it can include that particular night as one of their no-shows. This would maximize attendance for the regulars on nights they'd most prefer to come and then give the bar/club more business on what would otherwise be inevitable slow nights. This can become a win-win situation if managed wisely. I'd certainly volunteer to help the Lounge coordinate things if help is needed. Just my two cents' worth.

*being sarcastic.

This comming week will be a "normal" evening at the Adonis Lounge. As we approach our one-year anniversary at Adonis, we will continue to listen to our customer's grievances and suggestions, and make changes that improve our club.

As far as the "Make It Rain" party, perhaps it wasn't the best plan to mix two diverse crowds into one evening. If I had the liberty to move that event to a Friday or Saturday, that may have been a better option, but I am not the owner so I could not. What we were left with was a party of 50 or so locals who weren't spending much if anything on the dancers, but were drinking. Again, it became a balancing act of what was best for the Adonis regulars and dancers, and the bar. Its not easy to turn down a party of 50 and I do not have the authority to do so or move it to a different day even if I wanted to. We tried to do the best we could to accomodate everyone, but obviously we did not. Mistakes were made. Management will speak with the owners and reach a resolution that meets everyones needs, paying close attention to our regulars first and foremost, as you are our priority.

As an aside, the dancers who were booked that evening were told in advance by me personally the nature of that evenings party and actually warned that it may not be the best money night, except for a couple of last minute replacements. Most of the dancers that were booked, actually were ok with "taking one for the team," which was quite refreshing to hear. All in all I think we have a good thing going on Thursday nights, a good group of dancers, and loyal customers who understand that sometimes mistakes are made, but they will be rectified.

Lack of choices for some...

Strafe13, I'm happy you replied and posted about your take on this party. I could see how someone closer in age to the party goers would have a fun time. The loud music, screaming girls, and crowded conditions are something younger people are more comfortable with.

The concern that some of us regular (older) patrons have is that we don't have many clubs to choose from. Many of our favorite places have either closed down or have been shut down by the NYPD. Today, most clubs cater to the younger crowd and don't get started till 11pm. When you get to be my age you'll understand how it feels to be "invisible" at these clubs. It's not a good feeling.

What we liked about the Adonis Lounge is that it opened early, catered to gay older men who enjoy watching young dancers perform and entertain us with their lap dances. We've already agreed that young people don't pay for this type of entertainment, so, the "regulars" support these strip clubs hoping that more will open.

Although you found the "make it rain" party a fun night, it's concerns some of us that this might become the future for this club. What originally attracted me to this club is now changing. Some of my friends who attend travel from NJ, Ct, and upstate NY just to see a male strip show. We've even traveled further just to support this type of entertainment.

I hope you can understand my concerns. For me, it's either the 20 Club, the Adonis Lounge, or traveling out-of-state, while young people can have a blast at so many dance clubs throughout the 5 boroughs of NYC. Btw, have you tried Amalia or Club 57? I think you'll enjoy those clubs, lots of hot young guys dancing, socializing, and hooking up.

Coop

Archived