Summer fun in Montreal - late June 2010: Finale

newatthis
This topic is 5200 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thursday. Up until now the weather has been sunny and beautiful; this is the day we’re supposed to get serious rain. It’s cloudy and threatening. Autour is closed, so I go to Régis’ patisserie for breakfast, sitting outside to people-watch. Régis' place is much more a local hangout than Autour; the customers banter with each other (and the irrepressible owner).

I book a 1 pm sensual massage at Apsara with a cute Mexican boy I spotted during my reconnaissance yesterday. He ushers me into a cubicle with a massage table, private but ceiling-less (there appear to be 5-6 of these), excuses himself for a moment, and returns with massage oil and towels. I undress; he takes off only his shirt. He doesn’t speak much English or French. I point to his pants; he takes them off. I point to his briefs; he shrugs and leaves them on. His massage skills are so-so, but he has wonderfully smooth and soothing hands, and in just a few minutes he is pushing his bulge against my hand as he works on my back, arms, and legs. Things progress from there. Suffice it to say that I’m glad I took lurkerspeak’s advice. Afterward he leads me to the shower area, a separate room with individual cubicles supplied with shampoo and body wash. I return to our cubicle to dress, tip him generously, and pay the $100 fee at reception.

I've been resisting the ice cream at La Petite Marie all week; now it's time to give in. I sit out front and enjoy the weather – the clouds have parted – and the passing scene. Spot Joey/Dakota; luckily he doesn’t spot me. Then back to BBV for a nap before Campus. I’m expecting this to be a good night and plan to return for the evening shift as well: Carlos starts at 9 and Criss will be at the shooter bar.

At 6 pm there are many dancers, some new, some old, as well as many customers. My first two lines of attack fizzle; both dancers hit me up for lap dances within minutes of greeting me (this is unusual at Campus, where the boys tend to be laid back and willing to cultivate customers). One is someone I used to enjoy a lot, but over the past couple of years he's gotten more and more mercenary and less and less fun. The other, new to me, has a nice tight muscled body and a cute face and was highly recommended by a friend who visited in May.

Things pick up with a cute newbie named Alejandro – Québécois, of mixed Moroccan and Spanish descent. He is, more or less, the boyfriend of Alexandre whom I met on Sunday. He's fun at the bar, but something of a dud in the back. Nicola is here again, but seems to have little interest in meeting customers he doesn't already know (is he shy? clueless?). So is Tommy – his fast dances more crazy than ever. The group who've been here every day are back as well, including William, Luciano, Adrian, and sullen Jasmin.

Take a dinner break at La Piazzetta. It’s much emptier than last night; "my" waiter tells me everyone has gone to the park for the holiday festivities. I catch sight of Pierre Fitch and some friends paying their bill.

Long walk all the way down past JP’s to pick up some extra cash, just in case. (I cannot report anything about JP's; Mtlover and I decided we were not going to pay a cover charge for the privilege of being assaulted by Ray, whom we spotted out in front on Sunday night.) All the good street acts from last year have returned: the break dancers, the cellists, and the woman singer. It’s now pushing 10 pm. Back at Campus, Carlos comes right over. A lot of the afternoon dancers have stayed on for the night shift, and none of the tired old guys is in evidence (although Carlos tells me that they still work most nights). I chat with Criss, who has a new, 4th, kid, at the shooter bar, buying shooters from time to time for him and some of my favorite dancers. My friends S (from Montreal) and G (from the States) have shown up. And Charles is there (he tells me he been asked to audition for the Priape catalog). Do great dances with Charles and Carlos.

Friday. Plenty of time for breakfast at Autour. Take a cab to the bus station and the 747 express bus from there to the airport; total time, door-to-door, is an hour. Total cost: $7.00. Worth the extra time! I breeze through security, but there is big backup at US Customs. They are understaffed; all those Rotarians are headed home.

Archived