Montreal 2010

Guest JWHBoston
This topic is 5198 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest JWHBoston

I first experienced Montreal 12 years ago when I worked for a Travel Agency and could fly round trip between Boston and Montreal rather inexpensively. I no longer work in travel and get to Montreal once or twice a year. During a weekend trip two weeks ago, I went back to JP Cabaret after seeng it within a week of its opening last August. JP Cabaret is located where Addonis used to be at 1681 Ste. Catherine Est.

The place has improved immensely since last August. The DJ was excellent. The dancers were good to very good. The Deck on the Roof made for some privacy and good conversations with friends and dancers. I actually felt "at home" for the first time since Addonis closed. To the Management of JP Cabaret, keep up the good work. I look forward to returning there on August 20th.

By the way, every Saturday night at 10 PM during the summer months, there are fireworks in Montreal ---down by the river near the Gay Village. What a wonderful way to spend a half hour before catting around in the Village!

Thanks for the update on JPs. I'm looking forward to checking out the rooftop terrace on my next visit. You're right about the fireworks being an enjoyable prelude to the evening. I like to watch them from the rooftop bar at the Skypub. I've never had a problem finding a seat if I get there about a half hour or so ahead of time. On a warm summer night the village can be magical.*

better not to find a seat

...You're right about the fireworks being an enjoyable prelude to the evening. I like to watch them from the rooftop bar at the Skypub. I've never had a problem finding a seat if I get there about a half hour or so ahead of time...
The last time I did that, I had a beautiful dancer in tow and we got there too late to find a seat. Which meant, <tongue in cheek> unfortunately </tongue in cheek>, that we had to stand at the edge of the roof, with me very close behind him.

Archived