What does "420 Friendly" mean?

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 5195 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think it's weed

Trav, you're absolutely correct. Last year or perhaps the year before that-- I wrote to a guy who advertised on Craigslist to ask him to define for me. He did so eagerly, but I was unable to get with him.

I haven't had sex while under the influence of pot for over some 30 years, but I found out that I have had the hottest of sex while being in this state of euphoria with a hot man on top or underneath me!!! THOSE WERE THE DAYS: pot and poppers and all of that masculinity for free!!! -:)

I haven't had sex while under the influence of pot for over some 30 years, but I found out that I have had the hottest of sex while being in this state of euphoria with a hot man on top or underneath me!!! THOSE WERE THE DAYS: pot and poppers and all of that masculinity for free!!! -:)

I fondly remember an evening with pot, poppers, and a Qualude. Wow! With the hot twinky live-in boyfriend of a neighbor who was a grocery-store cashier and part-time drug dealer. (Who was so open about what he did that he was as surprised as I was that he hadn't been arrested.) I was in my early twenties at the time.

A day or two later, I went to NYC and ended up sleeping with a an somewhat older guy, who used to take me out, who was now in a supposedly monogamous relationship. But he had a real thing for me and yielded to temptation. It was OK sex but not great.

A few days later I realized that I had crabs and they must have come from the Qualude kid. So my older friend probably got them from me and gave them to his partner, and must have had some some explaining to do. I've felt a bit bad about it for decades.

Now it occurs to me that it's entirely possible it all went the other way--maybe my NYC friend gave them to me.

Anyway, pot and poppers--haven't done them both for a long time, but it was great.

I believe, originally, "4-20" stood for a law that had to do with drugs. When the police called it in they called it a "4-20". Several years ago certain students began skipping school on April 20th, to celebrate "4-20", and, I guess, their drugs. However, I guess the newness has worn off and very few students skip on that day, anymore.

Many of my buddies are 420 friendly - and I always enjoy people who are, whether I want to try some (rarely) or just let them do it. They are always a lot of fun and have you ever noticed that you never meet a 420 friendly person who isn't a great time? Or is that just my experience?

Time of day

I believe, originally, "4-20" stood for a law that had to do with drugs. When the police called it in they called it a "4-20". Several years ago certain students began skipping school on April 20th, to celebrate "4-20", and, I guess, their drugs. However, I guess the newness has worn off and very few students skip on that day, anymore.

I always thought it came from 4:20 in the afternoon as a time for lighting up, and Wikipedia article (thanks to Boomer!) confirms that. I remember hearing that decades ago.

I always heard it had to do with a law, so go figure- does anyone know fer sure? Now I am very curious

The lawyers (or law enforcement ;)) here will have to confirm but it's my understanding it has to do with the section of the criminal code that defines marijuana as a controlled substance.

I always heard it had to do with a law, so go figure- does anyone know fer sure? Now I am very curious

From Snopes:

Claim: The term '420' entered drug parlance as a term signifying the time to light up a joint.

. . . have you ever noticed that you never meet a 420 friendly person who isn't a great time?

Not that I can recall. :rolleyes:

Archived