Providence Bites the Dust

bighairy
This topic is 5127 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Touch Providence is no longer open. No explanation on their website. One less place to see nude men strip----even though, admittedly, this place was nowhere near as good as it could have been and should have been.

It's really sad to see fewer and fewer in the Northeast....

No idea how this place stayed open as long as it did. Went 3 times and regretted it each time. The guys were unmotivated, not particularly appealing, and the management clearly was lost. I remember a couple times going in and they were playing goofy 80's retro music... like that can get you in the mood for a dance.

Every time I forked over the cover charge and walked in, my first thought was "seriously?"

It's too bad... the actual club itself had a great layout.

Guest Tinkerer9

OH NOOOOO! It was bad enough when 727 closed the week after I was there.....got to play with some very hot boys there......but now TOUCH? I know it was hit and miss, but I had a great time at one of there shower shows and REALLY private dances could be amazing there! DAMN! So now nothing in Providence at all? Where's the nearest fun to Groton CT now, I wonder? (Business trip coming up....)

Although I occasionally had a good time there, Jake really sums it up: The place went through at least five changes of owner or manager, and was equally inept and out to sea and/or lazy every time, the dancers were very hit or miss, no performance standards, etc etc etc....but hope sprang eternal, and at least it was there... They'd have gotten MUCH more of my money, and I assume other's, if they'd just paid more attention to the details. You can't just open up a room and stick a bunch of skinny street boys in and hope it's enough....

waaaaaahhhhh, I miss the Gaiety!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.....why is it that the 'new' Touch reads so much like the 'old' Touch? This space has had more lives than a cat...and yet it never becomes actually good. Betcha ten to one that they still have those regular dancers....

How hard can it be to actually put together a fresh and quality lineup and get them to put on a credible performance?

Went to Touch last nite - Thursday. Their first nite as the "new" Touch. Not bad. The guys from xstatic plus a few of the better previous ones and a couple of new guys. They've freshened up the club, changed it around some, and cleaned it up a bit. Overall a nice change. On the downside they removed the private rooms and have two private areas with just curtains.

It was worth going down there last nite for a bit and I'll probably make a visit sometime this weekend also.

Archived