Motreal Labor Day Weekend

Jake
This topic is 5136 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Two fun nights so far... after previous visits, I was pretty much ready to call it a day for Montreal. Granted it's a holiday weekend, so there may be a bit more action than usual.

I'll do a more detailed rundown when I get home, but after wishing a slow painful death on Club JP when it opened (I loved Adonis)... I'm shocked to say it's probably my new favorite spot. Seriously it pains me to say it. But they have really 180'd that place. After spending time at the bars in Springfield & Providence where they allow women, I was getting ready to hate on JP. But the women here weren't obnoxious and annoying like they are at the other places. And the dancers don't avoid the guys when women are around like they do at Xstatic.

There were probably 4 Grade A knockouts. One was Scott who had the most ridiculous abs I'd ever seen. I'm usually more into the skater look, but he is unreal. My bud says he's great in the back too (for a straight dude). Dark hair, baseball cap to the side look... very pretty frat boy'ish.

The club that 180'd in a bad way... Taboo. Wow. Drinks are horrendously overpriced. A few cute dancers, but wow have they lowered the bar in terms of who they bring in. There was one guy who was seriously 50 pounds overweight. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm overweight... but I'm not a stripper. I kept looking around for a hidden camera thinking maybe this was a stealth filming session for next season's The Biggest Loser.

Anyway, more when I get back!

Guest Budalley

Good Weekend to be in Montreal

I have to agree this was a great weekend to be in Montreal, aside from the fact that a Murder took place just outside of McDonalds on Friday morning. The bars were very slow on Wednesday and Thursday but picked on Friday and were overflowing on Saturday night. My favorite will always be Campus but I did enjoy the show Saturday night at Stock. There were plenty of new dancers (or new to me) and some faces I remember from days gone by. I did take the walk down St. Catherines to JP’s but really couldn’t get into the place, maybe it is just me

So is Montreal dead? The board's been back and forth and everyone's passionate about their response being right.

I have the definitive answer: kinda.

With it being Labor Day Weekend, you'd think the bars would've been packed. No clubs were dead, but none were super slammed either.

One by one...

Campus

The tried and true was no better or worse than previous trips. Same good points: decent range of guys of each type, great backroom privacy, and attentive but not terribly pushy dancers. The new star of the place... it's weird to say this name... JASMINE! Now before you freak out and think Campus has taken on trannies, no... Jasmine is a dude. Pretty much a less beefy Taylor Lautner clone. Sweet guy too. Straight (I'm sure he'd say bi like all the others do) but according to my bud who brought him back, worth a couple $20's. Lots of the familiar faces... which sometimes is good, sometimes makes the club feel stale. Bartenders were friendly... especially the one who worked Monday afternoon - clued me in on the $1 and $2 beer specials, which extended my stay a few hours. Alexi the Russian looked great. If you like them a little "out there," the skater rocker looking guy Damien is still there. I dig him. Other names escape me. On Monday there was a spiky hair 22ish guy who was doing ridiculously hot acrobatics on stage... didn't get a name. Wore board shorts. Overall grade: B+.

Stock

OK, this is the same old argument. Do you like 'em buff and A&F'y? OK, you'd have loved Stock. The same straight aloof passionless gym rats strutting around to the delight of a rather full house. I always spot about 3 or 4 customers in the place who are hotter than any of the dancers. Then again, I don't jerk it to Bodybuilder Magazine. As always, nice upscale look to the place, but the sensuality of a bingo hall. Overall grade: C.

Taboo

OMFG what happened? It was my first trip in 4 or 5 months and man has this place nosedived. Sunday night, no DJ showed up. The dancers had to work as bartenders and DJ's. Add this to my previous mention of the Jenny Craig endorsement waiting to happen... wow, this place just has fallen apart. Maybe someone is up on some of the management issues? New managers maybe? Saving graces of this place were the regular dancers who I chat up when I'm in town. As in previous reviews, I hate the backroom situation there, so it's pretty pointless to go unless you can arrange a private visit, which these poor guys probably have to take without hesitation. Overall grade: D+.

... and last but not least... the Winner of the Biggest Turnaround in Strip Club History...

JP

Go ahead. Look at my previous reviews from trips past. I was so happy to see JP failing miserably when it opened. Catering to women, closing Adonis, charging a cover... I was ecstatic to see it suffer. I reveled in it. It's now probably my favorite club in Montreal.

I don't know if new managers came in or what, but this place kicked ASS! The club inside looks great. Clean, well lit in areas that should be well lit... and dark where areas should be dark. I think I can pretty much say every dancer on every performance put on a show... they didn't half ass it and mope around the stage. They did acrobatics, used the entire stage, made eye contact with the crowd... they WORKED... and unfortunately that made them stand out... because other clubs' dancers are so typically lazy on stage.

I also liked the intimacy of the place... you're never far away... it's the perfect size for a club. It's what I missed about Adonis. I was also surprised at the extreme diversity of the dancers. One was a sock in a bra away from being a drag queen on stage. It was great to break the monotony that plagues clubs like Stock.

I didn't do any dances (got rather lucky with Grind'r and Manhunt this trip... was rather worn out haha) but my bud who got dances at JP said the rooms were perfect... like Campus' booths, but bigger.

The God of this place: Scott, who looks like he just walked off an A&F cover. I normally don't go for the buff, but his abs were art. Great attitude, excellent effort on stage (which you rarely see from the hot ones who don't need to put in effort), and just plain hotness.

Other hotties - a less buff, but as cute as Scott guy named Miles - who I think danced at Campus. Another straight boy who really moves well on stage. Eyebrow length hair which I love... far too many shaved heads and cliche spiky gay hair in the biz. All of the dancers were super friendly without being aggressive.

Drinks were far more potent than other bars. I just can't say enough good things about JP... and it hurts me to say that. I had already picked out a casket last trip.

Overall grade: A-. Yeah I'm tough to impress. The minus comes from the fact they all dance to the same songs over and over. And really, should Vanilla Ice or Right Said Fred ever be in the rotation?

---

And as an aside, Apsara Massage is worth a visit. Was able to have them look up a number of a guy who did a massage for me that rocked during my last visit. He wasn't on the site so I just went upstairs to inspect the talent they have now. When I asked for Cody (gave me an easy out in case I didn't like their roster), they found a photo, showed it to me, and called him... an appointment was set and wow wow wow... was I glad I did. The other masseurs weren't so bad either. They run a special for a basic massage (no fun stuff) for $20! It's 30 minutes I think! Hey, this beats a backroom! No counting songs, nice quiet setting, candles, soft music... it's worth a visit!

Montreal Clubs

Thanks much for the final full report, Jake. Anyone interested in the clubs in Montreal will surely find your report useful. All the good news about JP is wonderful. Let us hope that it continues through the winter.

{It would be nice if you went back to your original post and edited the spelling of MOTREAL.]

Strange

You're right, but that's strange. There used to be a much longer window of time to make edits. I wonder if something has changed.

[i just checked, and for the moment at least there is an "EDIT POST" option for this message. I do not know how long it will last.]

RE:

Jake, can you specify the days (Sat or Fri...) and the approx. time that you arrived to JP's? Was it in the afternoon or after 9pm? I am looking forward to my next visit!

Thanks

So is Montreal dead? The board's been back and forth and everyone's passionate about their response being right.

I have the definitive answer: kinda.

With it being Labor Day Weekend, you'd think the bars would've been packed. No clubs were dead, but none were super slammed either.

One by one...

Campus

The tried and true was no better or worse than previous trips. Same good points: decent range of guys of each type, great backroom privacy, and attentive but not terribly pushy dancers. The new star of the place... it's weird to say this name... JASMINE! Now before you freak out and think Campus has taken on trannies, no... Jasmine is a dude. Pretty much a less beefy Taylor Lautner clone. Sweet guy too. Straight (I'm sure he'd say bi like all the others do) but according to my bud who brought him back, worth a couple $20's. Lots of the familiar faces... which sometimes is good, sometimes makes the club feel stale. Bartenders were friendly... especially the one who worked Monday afternoon - clued me in on the $1 and $2 beer specials, which extended my stay a few hours. Alexi the Russian looked great. If you like them a little "out there," the skater rocker looking guy Damien is still there. I dig him. Other names escape me. On Monday there was a spiky hair 22ish guy who was doing ridiculously hot acrobatics on stage... didn't get a name. Wore board shorts. Overall grade: B+.

Stock

OK, this is the same old argument. Do you like 'em buff and A&F'y? OK, you'd have loved Stock. The same straight aloof passionless gym rats strutting around to the delight of a rather full house. I always spot about 3 or 4 customers in the place who are hotter than any of the dancers. Then again, I don't jerk it to Bodybuilder Magazine. As always, nice upscale look to the place, but the sensuality of a bingo hall. Overall grade: C.

Taboo

OMFG what happened? It was my first trip in 4 or 5 months and man has this place nosedived. Sunday night, no DJ showed up. The dancers had to work as bartenders and DJ's. Add this to my previous mention of the Jenny Craig endorsement waiting to happen... wow, this place just has fallen apart. Maybe someone is up on some of the management issues? New managers maybe? Saving graces of this place were the regular dancers who I chat up when I'm in town. As in previous reviews, I hate the backroom situation there, so it's pretty pointless to go unless you can arrange a private visit, which these poor guys probably have to take without hesitation. Overall grade: D+.

... and last but not least... the Winner of the Biggest Turnaround in Strip Club History...

JP

Go ahead. Look at my previous reviews from trips past. I was so happy to see JP failing miserably when it opened. Catering to women, closing Adonis, charging a cover... I was ecstatic to see it suffer. I reveled in it. It's now probably my favorite club in Montreal.

I don't know if new managers came in or what, but this place kicked ASS! The club inside looks great. Clean, well lit in areas that should be well lit... and dark where areas should be dark. I think I can pretty much say every dancer on every performance put on a show... they didn't half ass it and mope around the stage. They did acrobatics, used the entire stage, made eye contact with the crowd... they WORKED... and unfortunately that made them stand out... because other clubs' dancers are so typically lazy on stage.

I also liked the intimacy of the place... you're never far away... it's the perfect size for a club. It's what I missed about Adonis. I was also surprised at the extreme diversity of the dancers. One was a sock in a bra away from being a drag queen on stage. It was great to break the monotony that plagues clubs like Stock.

I didn't do any dances (got rather lucky with Grind'r and Manhunt this trip... was rather worn out haha) but my bud who got dances at JP said the rooms were perfect... like Campus' booths, but bigger.

The God of this place: Scott, who looks like he just walked off an A&F cover. I normally don't go for the buff, but his abs were art. Great attitude, excellent effort on stage (which you rarely see from the hot ones who don't need to put in effort), and just plain hotness.

Other hotties - a less buff, but as cute as Scott guy named Miles - who I think danced at Campus. Another straight boy who really moves well on stage. Eyebrow length hair which I love... far too many shaved heads and cliche spiky gay hair in the biz. All of the dancers were super friendly without being aggressive.

Drinks were far more potent than other bars. I just can't say enough good things about JP... and it hurts me to say that. I had already picked out a casket last trip.

Overall grade: A-. Yeah I'm tough to impress. The minus comes from the fact they all dance to the same songs over and over. And really, should Vanilla Ice or Right Said Fred ever be in the rotation?

---

And as an aside, Apsara Massage is worth a visit. Was able to have them look up a number of a guy who did a massage for me that rocked during my last visit. He wasn't on the site so I just went upstairs to inspect the talent they have now. When I asked for Cody (gave me an easy out in case I didn't like their roster), they found a photo, showed it to me, and called him... an appointment was set and wow wow wow... was I glad I did. The other masseurs weren't so bad either. They run a special for a basic massage (no fun stuff) for $20! It's 30 minutes I think! Hey, this beats a backroom! No counting songs, nice quiet setting, candles, soft music... it's worth a visit!

Wow Jake I'm very surprised by your report. I've been to the clubs and lately it seems that after the Fierté Weekend 10-15 August things became very quiet in the Village.

Every club has suffered.

I went to Taboo on Wednesday 25 August at 10:45pm. The club was DEAD. Hugo bartender, Nicholas Trottier as DJ!, Luca and Sebastien (self sucking guy) and some other dancer only!

I went to Stock on Friday 27 at 9.15pm, Saturday at 10.30pm to look for Randy (as a favor for a friend). The club seemed quiet. Went again on Tuesday 31, lots of dancers outside hanging out, no sign of Randy (i gave up, i don't like having to pay $3 just to get in)

Campus daytime has been quieter than usual down to an average of 15 dancers from as high of 25 in mid-July, while the nighttime hasn't suffered at all. Lots of new faces after 9pm, because there is a group of 6 new dancers who started at the same time 3 weeks ago.

JP's, I am very surprised, I shall visit soon. The last time I was even near that place was last Thursday 30 August between 10.30pm-11:20pm. I was eating ice cream in the outdoor deck at Le Cremerie du Village right next door to JP's. At first I only saw Xavier/Francis smoking outside topless. Yummy! Soon enough I saw David, Jason, Tyler, Ray, JP with girlfriend (he left), the fat DJ, bartender Alain, Myles, all coming out to smoke. Some came more than twice out.

I even got to see a glimpse of their drug dealer. He appears to be a short, muscular, Quebecois with spiky black hair, very handsome, in his 20s, dressed with new white sneakers, brand new knee length shorts and a white top. He bought ice cream too, and that's when I saw the HUGE wad of cash that he pulled out from his shorts pocket and sorted out just to pick $5, easily $1200 right there. I should be on the drug squad with the Service de Police!:rolleyes:

My friend, who smokes, was solicited for cigarettes and David tried to get us inside. WE KNEW THE PLACE WAS DEAD so we didn't go in.

Right now the day to day operations are run by JP and Danny the former owner of Adonis. Alain is his right-hand man. There is definitely drug money in there, while at Taboo there is no money whatsoever!

Jake, can you specify the days (Sat or Fri...) and the approx. time that you arrived to JP's? Was it in the afternoon or after 9pm? I am looking forward to my next visit!

Thanks

Usually we popped in around 10p-11p'ish. Later around 1a it definitely thinned out.

I went to Taboo on Wednesday 25 August at 10:45pm. The club was DEAD. Hugo bartender, Nicholas Trottier as DJ!, Luca and Sebastien (self sucking guy) and some other dancer only!

Sebatien was there. Did see him. Nice kid.

>Campus daytime has been quieter than usual down to an average of 15 dancers from as high of 25 in mid-July, while the nighttime hasn't suffered at all.<

That's pretty consistent with what we saw.

Archived