He could not resist!

DanseurMTL
This topic is 5124 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Bar Taboo in Montréal still exists. Their website was left unmaintained due to administrative problems and the domain expired. The owners of Stock Bar thought it was very smart to take over TabooMontreal.ca and redirect to their NudeMaleDancers website.

I think that redirect is disgustedly MISLEADING.

Those wishing to see the original website can use the WayBack Machine on the Internet Archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080712230226/http://www.taboomontreal.ca/

Taboo Bar

1950 Boul. de Maisonneuve East (Papineau Metro Station)

(514) 597-0010

Open 7/7 from 7pm to 3am

Danseur MTL

WRONG AGAIN.......

Why do you insist on coming here taking pot shots?

I have told you in the past that if you have questions I would give you the proper and TRUTHFULL answer.

The domain didnt expire..... We didnt sit at the edge of our beds waiting for something to expire.

We gave Taboo more than 3 years to get with the program and pay or TAKE IT OVER by simply paying the hosting fee. http://www.NudeMaleDancers.Com designed, owned and hosted the website since its inception.

Taboo bar hasnt paid any bills related to there website 3 years.

Isnt that disgusting ?

It would also be great if you would stop posting copyrighted material you dont have any rights to....

I usually don't jump in on threads like this, but my 2 cents.

First DanseurMTL's posts are always the most informative posts on this forum. It's nice to get his perspective given his connections within the scene there. At least for me, nobody's posts are more helpful than his.

Regarding the domain, I'll just call out all the clubs around the world collectively: STOP BEING LAZY. Update your site. Your business depends on reaching out to out of town potential visitors. If your only focus is on the locals, you're set to fail. Those of us who travel have to rely on boards like this because you're too lazy to take an hour a week to maintain a simple blog-style site. There are so many cheap do-it-yourself platforms out there that are cheap if not free. Stop being lazy.

Stock (my least favorite bar in MTL btw... beautiful club, just not my style) is one of the rare exceptions. Campus is a C+ at best... but Taboo has plenty of issues... their web site not being updated in years is ridiculous. I don't know the arrangement... maybe NMD was going to charge an insane fee to renew or update the site - if so, start another domain. It takes 10 minutes.

At the very least, maintain a Facebook - that's FREE! And don't just post a flyer with a stock image of a model that doesn't perform at the club. Get a decent camera and once a month, do a roll call photo shoot.

Stepping off the soap box now. :)

Disgusting and misleading

I don't need a "truthfull" answer from YOU, of all people, the co-owner of StockBar.

I find disgusting the fact that YOU use the taboomontreal.ca website to YOUR commercial advantage, giving off the FALSE impression that Taboo doesn't exist, in redirecting traffic to another strip club, YOUR strip club.

The original creator of the NudeMaleDancers is a friend of mine and he is gone from the Village scene. He never had anything to do with the TabooMontreal.ca website.

...and what is the copyrighted material that I have posted, that infringes YOUR copyrights?

I'm with DanseurMTL on this. Why did Stock take over the Taboo website so that they could redirect people to their site. This is misleading and questionable ethics, IMO. What makes it somewhat amusing is that the boys who dance at Taboo and at Stock couldn't be more different. Twinks versus muscle pay for gay types. I can't imagine much of a cross-over in client interest but I guess any edge in this biz helps, or so the thinking goes.

"I find disgusting the fact that YOU use the taboomontreal.ca website to YOUR commercial advantage, giving off the FALSE impression that Taboo doesn't exist, in redirecting traffic to another strip club, YOUR strip club."

"The original creator of the NudeMaleDancers is a friend of mine and he is gone from the Village scene. He never had anything to do with the TabooMontreal.ca website."

So theres nothing wrong with not paying a bill for 3 years?

More misinformation, the creator of NudeMaleDancers.com is gone from the scene? We have both visited Taboo at least 5 times to discuss the issue with the current american owner. He is not gone from the "scene" as you imply. He works 3 nights a week in the village. Not hard to find. You state that NMD didnt have anythong to do with the design or hosting of the Taboo site?

You know nothing of what your talking about!

I don't understand what your interest is if someone else pays or doesn't pay to maintain their website. Unless of course you covet it and want to co-opt it and use it for your own purposes. When you do so in a way that misleads people into thinking that Taboo is somehow associated with Stock Bar I consider that to be a shady practice, IMO of course. Others may disagree.

Archived