Question about STOCKBAR

Guest Bluedawg
This topic is 5011 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Bluedawg

Hey, gents.

I wonder if the cameras at STOCK BAR are a mixed blessing. They allow for them to broadcast their dancers over the web, and earn (no doubt) great revenue that way. But does it inhibit visitors from coming inside the club? I'd think the knowledge you could (would) be filmed might be a turn-off for some...

Any insights?

You make an excellent point. I am certain that many people would not want to be photographed. I wonder why management doesn't have a few signs indicating which areas could appear on the web site and which areas would not. It reminds me of a straight buddy of mine who went to a strip club with his buddies. When his friend came out of a private booth, he said "you'll never believe what just happened" to which myh friend responded by telling him what had happened. How did he know: He watched the whole thing on a mirror which was directly above on the ceiling!

Welcome Stock Bar Montreal

Bluedawg

The only seats that get real camera coverage are located directly around the stage with the gold table.

If you dont want to be seen on camera sit infront of or under the DJ booth, it will keep you out of view.

Most of the tables in front of the stage also are hidden from the cameras.

Stock Bar Montreal, Welcome to daddy's Strip Club Forum. I look forward to hearing more announcements from you and other club owners/promoters about your upcoming events. Thanks for joining us.

Also, I appreciate your quick reply to "bluedawg" concern regarding your live webcam. As someone who has frequented Stock Bar, I'm aware of where to sit if I choose not to be seen on camera. I certainly can understand where "bluedawg" is coming from and I'm sure his concern has been raised by patrons of your club before. So, thanks for letting us know your policy and please consider offering us another "free membership" to nudemaledancers.com. Apparently, some of our members didn't see your offer soon enough to take part. Thanks.

Coop

This thread does raise a good question. I am not too concerned about being seen when I go to stock. I watched Nude Male Dancers for two nights during the free membership period and it seems the camera people are careful to not focus on the patrons much at all. Only those seated around the stage are seen very occasionally. I think they are pretty careful.

Guest Bluedawg

thanks, and...

Hey, guys.

Thanks for all the helpful responses, and it's especially thoughtful for the guys at STOCKBAR to join in the conversation, clarifying their camera placement and policy.

I do love checking into NUDEMALEDANCERS from time-to-time. Lately, I've noticed that the chairs closest to the stage are either (a) empty or (b) filled by the dancers themselves, watching their colleagues "shaking it" onstage! I was worried at first that winter business had fallen off the rails. But now perhaps it's possible to assume that there are plenty of patrons, they've just taken refuge in the shadowy corners...! I hope that's the case; I'd like to think the place is thriving. (And hey, even if patronage is down, with all those new web subscriptions...?)

Cheers to all.

Hey, guys.

Thanks for all the helpful responses, and it's especially thoughtful for the guys at STOCKBAR to join in the conversation, clarifying their camera placement and policy.

I do love checking into NUDEMALEDANCERS from time-to-time. Lately, I've noticed that the chairs closest to the stage are either (a) empty or (b) filled by the dancers themselves, watching their colleagues "shaking it" onstage! I was worried at first that winter business had fallen off the rails. But now perhaps it's possible to assume that there are plenty of patrons, they've just taken refuge in the shadowy corners...! I hope that's the case; I'd like to think the place is thriving. (And hey, even if patronage is down, with all those new web subscriptions...?)

Most patrons do not sit on the chairs along the sides of the stage - there are some regulars who do so. Most will sit at the bar or at the tables in front of the stage.

As for how busy Stock is, from my infrequent visits, it is much much quieter on a Thursday night than it used to be. On the past visits, there have only been a few customers whereas a couple of years ago there would be enough customers to make the partly closed off bar look full. Friday and Saturday nights seem as busy as ever.

When I was there several years ago there were signs notifying you of what seats would provide camera coverage.

I've never seen that myself, but maybe I've always missed it.

But really, it's 2011. And Canada of all places. Why would I care if a portion of my face is briefly shown on a grainy image that is being watched by other gay men?

I have been to Stock Bar many times and the fact that I might show up on the camera isn't a concern at all. I am also a member of nudemaledancers.com and can say that the camera guys are pretty careful not to focus on the patrons and that patrons tend to wind up on camera only whilst seated in "sniffers row." I do recall seeing the signs a couple of years ago however, on my last couple of visits there the signs have been absent. The DJ several time in a night does announce that they are "live broadcasting" on the internet. Were it a major concern to not be photographed i am sure that the staff at the bar could show you to seats not in the camera's view. I would also think that the chances of the wrong person catching someone on the feed from Stock wouldn't be that much higher than the chances of that same person catching you wandering into a gay bar elsewhere.

Archived