What happened to Cozmo's/Oz in Ft. Lauderdale?

Guest Barhopper
This topic is 4956 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Barhopper

I drove by Cozmo's on Sunday night around 10:00 and the place was closed tight as a drum. Has it gone out of business? Anybody have any news? Please let us know.

Thank you in advance.

I drove by Cozmo's on Sunday night around 10:00 and the place was closed tight as a drum. Has it gone out of business? Anybody have any news? Please let us know.

Thank you in advance.

Sad to hear! Wouldn't be surprised though. The week I was there they had a great roster, but only one night was even remotely busy. I had barely even heard of them before that trip... was very much looking forward to going back next trip.

I seem to recall hearing from Karl-G a while back (mid-December?) that Cozmos had been very disappointing the last time he stopped in there, in both number and quality of dancers. It never seems to have gathered any momentum, which is a shame, since the space itself was really nice.

I was actually there on Saturday, Jan 29, around 11:00 pm. The place was open with maybe about 7 dancers and around 15 customers. The bar itself is a pretty nice layout and the staff is very friendly but the dancers were NOT hot and I didn't see anybody dancing, they were just standing around talking. I stayed for one drink and left. I can't imagine this bar will stay open for very long.

Ft Lauderdale has like 4 dancer bars: Cozmos, Johnnys, Boardwalk, and Dudes (I think this is still open??). Anyway, this is way too many clubs with dancers for Ft Lauderdale and the result is that the quality at all of them suffers. In my view, FTL can only really support two clubs with dancers. Something's got to give. Likely it will be Dudes and Cozmos that don't make it.

Thank you in advance.

Barhopper... In attempting to answer your original question, I sent an e-mail to Cozmo's and it was bounced back. If you're still interested, here's their phone # 1-954-793-2798. Perhaps by speaking to them directly you'll get answers to your questions... I've also attached their webpage: http://www.cozmoslounge.com/

Hope this helps,

Coop

Not Closed

Cozmos is not closed, nor has it been. But it does not have much life. I was there tonight, Thursday February 17, at 10:30 p.m. The main room, where dancers used to perform, was closed and unlighted; only the narrow western barroom was open. There were five customers and one fully clothed bartender. When I asked the bartender if they still had dancers, he looked puzzled, as if he wondered why I would think that. He eventually said they did sometimes. I asked if he could tell me when? Weekends? The bartender said he doesn't know. If someone or several people show up and want to dance, they have dancers, otherwise not. Sometimes on weekends, they have a couple of dancers, he said, or sometimes "a lot."

too bd they don't have dancers during the week. i have to make a quick trip to ft laud in March during the week so i guess i will have to swing over to johnny's for twink action. too bad i did have a couple of very enjoyable evenings there (Cozmos) on past visits and even took a few of the dancers out for a dinner. well if the action picks up there before March let me know...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived