Johnny's in Miami?

Poppie
This topic is 4864 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Rumors have been swirling for quite some time about a 2nd Johnny's location. One of the bartenders told me that Sean was looking in Hollywood. For the last couple of weeks, Hot Spots Magazine has had an ad:

Coming Soon to Miami

NEW 2nd upscale location

NEW Experience

NEW Vibe of Dancers

Is it finally gonna happen? Anyone in South Florida have the inside scoop?

Interesting news about Johnny's opening another location in Miami. I will be in Miami in about 10 days so I hope it is up and running by then. Also hope they have bigger and more masculine guys than at the FTL location......that place does nothing for me.

Yup same Model! But I remember Years ago I think SPLASH or some other Club used a stock photo and the MODEL ended up sueing because of the Gay Factor.

BUT I'm sure this Model wouldn't mind I've seen his Face somewhere before with that Hunk Bod!

Then again in this Day & Age the MODEL could be a Total photoshop of 2 or more guys! ;)

up north just waiting...... for an update. want to plan my trip south for the opening of the new club, that's if it going to happen. thanks to anyone with the info.

I'm waiting for information as well. Heading to MIA this morning for 5 days. I guess I won't see Johnny's Miami on this trip! Oh well. There's always Twist.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on Johnny's Miami ? or Twist for that matter ?

I was in Miami last week. No evidence of Johnnys yet. The dancers at Twist seemed to know nothing about it. I went to Twist three times last week. I had a good time and have gotten to know some of the dancers quite well. Surprisingly, the talent has changed very little there in the last 9 months.

As always, my only complaint with twist is the smoke. Really gets on my nerves. One night, a guy was smoking a cigar inside....disgusting. I can't wait for Florida to pass a law prohibiting smoking in bars.

I

As always, my only complaint with twist is the smoke. Really gets on my nerves. One night, a guy was smoking a cigar inside....disgusting. I can't wait for Florida to pass a law prohibiting smoking in bars.

I used to go to Twist along with several other the Miami bars and would have to wash my clothes everytime.

I don't think Miami is going to ban it. Maybe Florida will, but a city where you can party til 5 am AND still buy drinks from the bar is too liberal to ban smoking. Living here in Colorado clubbing just isn't the same. It never will be. At 1:40 they turn on the lights as if you were at a High School Dance. I used to party in Miami (drugs excluded) til 8 am before I even turned 21...

I mean, I don't care to go clubbing every weekend as hard as I used to...but when I do I like to know I can stay out all night.

I hope the owners of Johnny's have done marketing research to determine whether South Florida has enough thugs, apprentice thugs, thugs-in-training, and thug wannabes to support TWO 'Thug Nights' in one week.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040527/040527_bozo_ccol.thumb-s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
This weeks Hot Spots magazine has an ad announcing Opening Johnnys Miami on Thursday, June 23rd at 7pm. Hoping the South Florida folks will give us an in depth report!

Yes. Address is 60 NE 14th Street which seems to be in Downtown Miami on the mainland. I am currently visiting Miami and many of the guys at Twist are aware that this will be opening. According to them, the club is looking for hot beefy, masculine guys as opposed to thin twinks (which is what Johnnys Ft Lauderdale seems to mostly be about). I leave Miami on Sunday so I am just 10 days too soon. Will need to come back in July to see what it is like. Looking forward to posts from others who are the first to attend!

Archived