LeBoyz 5/11 update

AdamSmith
This topic is 4890 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I went to LeBoyz last night, and observed some striking upgrades to both the permanent physical venue and the layout that the club takes on for LeBoyz nights.

To begin, inviting new glass front doors have replaced the old, industrial grey-metal doors. Then, new chandelier lighting over the entrance stairway in place of the former flourescent fixtures. Also a brand-new metal stairway down into the club space, true and trim. Then in the club itself, the 4 support colums spaced evenly around the room, formerly nothing to look at, have been clad in square white Plexiglas light boxes floor-to-ceiling; last night they gave off a nice blue light (color can be varied; I've also seen them red on non-LeBoyz nights there). Also, one of the 2 bathrooms was recently upgraded: modern, attractive, above all spotless.

Even more striking were the changes to the LeBoyz dance area. The space, formerly rather dark and cavernous, has been made much more inviting and intimate-feeling by floor-to-ceiling white curtains to the left and right of the dance area, and behind the dance stage. The curtains are covered with ever-changing patterns of soft aqua light projected on them, suggestive maybe of light reflected off water.

The stage itself is no longer the raised black box located somewhat away from where the patrons sit. Now it is marked by a floor-level set of 3 burnished aluminum disks, punctuated by a low cylindrical dance stage maybe 3 feet in diameter, all positioned farther forward than before. Also, the arrangement of the white leather settees for patrons is now arranged in smaller, more intimate groupings, and is notable closer to the dance "stage." Again, all this has done a lot to make the dance/seating area feel much more comfy-cozy.

The right-hand curtain also happens to screen the lap-dance area from the main floor much more than before, giving more privacy there.

Last night I saw perhaps 12 dancers, though I left around 11pm, so more may have shown up after that. The number of patrons was fewer than I've seen some nights, more than on others. I hope the changes will help draw new customers, as well as prompt some former patrons to give LeBoyz a second look.

Of course, some potential or past attendees may have been turned off by some of the speculations and back-and-forth previously posted on this forum. Let me just note that management's attitude last night (I think I interacted with most of them) was warm, hospitable and welcoming. Past posts here also make it worth noting that I felt no tensions among any of those operating the club last night.

In all, I like the changes a lot, felt very much at home, and will be back.

THANKS For the update. It is much appreciated. And the place certainly sounds better... BUT I think the question for most readers here would be: WHAT ABOUT THE DANCERS??? That's what most of us go there for! Who were they? How were they? And familiar old faces, or were they all new to regular customers? Let us know...

Thanks again.

Archived