Cute computer stories

gcursor
This topic is 4802 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tell us your best or funniest computer story that you have:

I'll start...I trained corporate employees on software packages for quite some years. Once while I was teaching an older version of Windows, I was showing how the pointer would change to an "hourglass" if the computer was taking longer than expected. One of my standard "stock" lines that I used in my classroom patter is, "Hardly anybody knows this but if you SHAKE the houglass really fast then the sand runs down faster and it speeds it up more" This elderly lady in the front row looked up at me and with wide-eyed innocence said "Really?" and I said "No..I'm just kidding"

gcursor

This sounds apocryphal but it's true.

Many years ago one of my clients was, ummmmm, excitable. Nothing was ever run-of-the-mill with her. EVERYTHING was catastrophic.

She called one morning in abject panic. "My monitor is broken! You've got to replace it right away! I have to get bills out today! This is horrible! What will Dr. think?" etc.

While she babbled on I could almost *hear* her reach out and twist the brightness knob on her monitor.

"Never mind." <click>

She was actually a sweetheart who regularly proffered yummy baked goods that contributed to my eventual girth.

That day was just HER being HER and we both laughed about it for months afterwards.

I wish all clients could be that congenial, personable, predictable, and when it boils down to it *fun*.

Archived