Private Message Problems

Karl-G
This topic is 4740 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am unable to send private messages. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to change a setting someplace?

The first message I tried to send was a reply to a message which I received. I clicked on REPLY, wrote the message, and clicked SUBMIT, but the recipient never got it.

For the next three messages, I started by clicking on PRIVATE MESSAGES, tyed in the user name to whom I wanted to send (and the program seemed to recognize the names), typed my messages, and clicked SUBMIT. But no one got them.

When I checked in MESSAGES SENT, it showed 0.

Can you offer some help?

Thanks.

Are you sure you're clicking "Submit" and not "Preview"? (I've done this one myself. The buttons are in the wrong order in my opinion.)

Also, are you sure the people you're sending to are set to accept private messages? Each individual user needs to turn that feature on, I believe.

I just tested by sending you a private message and it seemed to work. If someone who ISN'T an admin reads this, it would be cool if you could test and confirm.

Archived