Any Clubs in LA?

ErieBear
This topic is 4653 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This thread actually raises a legitimate question as to why there are no good male strip clubs in California. Are the laws regarding mixing nudity and alcohol really restrictive? What are the female stripclubs like? Do they allow total nudity? Seems that a decent club in LA/SD/SF is just screaming to be opened. Stockbar West perhaps?

The alcohol control board laws seem to prohibit the sort of strip club we'd like to see. I think this is the relevant section of the code:

143.3. Entertainers and Conduct.

Acts or conduct on licensed premises in violation of this rule are deemed contrary to public welfare and morals,

and therefore no on-sale license shall be held at any premises where such conduct or acts are permitted.

Live entertainment is permitted on any licensed premises, except that:

(1) No licensee shall permit any person to perform acts of or acts which simulate:

(a) Sexual intercourse, masturbation, sodomy, bestiality, oral copulation, flagellation or any sexual acts which

are prohibited by law.

(b) The touching, caressing or fondling on the breast, buttocks, anus or genitals.

© The displaying of the pubic hair, anus, vulva or genitals.

(2) Subject to the provisions of subdivision (1) hereof, entertainers whose breasts and/or buttocks are exposed

to view shall perform only upon a stage at least 18 inches above the immediate floor level and removed at least six

feet from the nearest patron.

No licensee shall permit any person to use artificial devices or inanimate objects to depict any of the prohibited

activities described above.

No licensee shall permit any person to remain in or upon the licensed premises who exposes to public view any

portion of his or her genitals or anus.

If any provision of this rule or the application thereof to any person or circumstances is held invalid, such

invalidity shall not affect other provisions or application of the rule which can be given effect without the invalid

provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this rule are severable.

NOTE: Authority cited: Section 25750, Business and Professions Code and Section 22 of Art. XX, Calif. Constitution. Reference: Sec. 23001, Bus. & Prof. Code

Also, there was a case that went all the way to the Supreme Court (California v. LaRue, 409 U.S. 109 (1972)) that upheld the conclusion that sale of liquor by the drink and lewd or naked entertainment should not take place simultaneously in licensed establishments.

Hoover, thanks for the info. Do you know if the female clubs comply with the law??

You're welcome!

I don't know how well the female clubs comply with the law. The penalty for violation of the code is anything from a 30-day suspension to a license revocation, so I speculate that the clubs must work pretty hard to comply.

Of course, if you exclude alcohol from the equation then you might have better luck; there are no-alcohol clubs in California that do allow high contact lap dances.

Just ask everyone to get drunk before showing up! :)

Vegas had a male strip club, HotRods, a few years ago. It didnt last very long. Here in Phoenix, we have one long running and one short time male strip club which offer total nudity. But, by state law, no alcohol is permitted. And the "lap dances" are in a section of the open room, on sofas, with other dancers/clients a few feet away. No touching of "the good parts" is allowed. Of course, some dancers allow a little more touchie feelie than others, but nothing at all compared to Montreal. Not sure about how the laws are worded here, but my guess is that erections are not allowed on stage since I have never seen a full hardon on stage in all my visits to the Phoenix stripclubs. Many of our gay bars/clubs offer go go boys on different nights, and some offer curtained off areas for private dances. Technically, the dancer keeps his g-string on for the private dance, but again, the right dancer, the right incentive, and things might happen. Just remember, every situation is different for each customer.

Of course, if you exclude alcohol from the equation then you might have better luck; there are no-alcohol clubs in California that do allow high contact lap dances.

Just ask everyone to get drunk before showing up! :)

On a business trip to Toledo once, some guys I was hanging out with decided to stop by a (female) strip club. It was a really amusing setup.

In a strip mall (*cough*), right next to each other, there was a no-alcohol strip club and a bar with no strippers. There was a steady parade, like marching ants, between the two as patrons went to the bar to get juiced up and then went into the strip club. They'd just go back and forth all evening. The strippers spent their breaks in the bar too, but they went in and out via the rear entrance "so the cops won't notice".

It was hilarious. I just scratched my head wondering "how does this exist?" LOL

In the absence of a real strip club, one can still have fun. I was at Micky's last night watching an adorable dancer who showed his bare butt often, and, for a dollar, allowed you quite the view when placing it in his shorts.

Across the street, the club called 11 was having a Friday event with go-go dancers.

In the absence of a real strip club, one can still have fun. I was at Micky's last night watching an adorable dancer who showed his bare butt often, and, for a dollar, allowed you quite the view when placing it in his shorts.

Across the street, the club called 11 was having a Friday event with go-go dancers.

I agree that one can have fun with the gogo boys as well. Indeed, I enjoy them at Twist in Miami and there is no nudity their either. I saw a very hot muscle guy (think serious competition level muscular) at Here lounge in WEHO back in the summer on a Saturday night. I have not seen him since on my return visits.

Anyway, I do enjoy the gogo boys, but really do prefer the Montreal style strip shows.

I understand there are two types of Female strip clubs in California, and seem to conform to what Hoover posted. (Hi Hoover!) I believe the topless clubs can serve liquor, but the customer can't get too close or touch the girls, and the total naked strip clubs are no alcohol served at all....just juices and sodas, and supposedly no contact with the girl. I recall the signs at Stockbar indicate no touching, don't they?

There is a male strip club advertised for women only, and does not indicate any nudity, or alcohol.

So the question of a gay male strip club looks unlikely......would you go if you could only have a diet coke or orange juice? I think not! So we make do with the GoGo's boys, and their tied off boners in undies.....guess that has to work! Several of the WeHo gogo boys advertise on Rentboy, so they do make up for it in private, and away from the clubs!

eze,

I go out fairly often here in LA so I'm wondering who the competition muscle was. Description? Blond, dark-haired, Latino, height, weight. There are a couple who would pass for lightweights but normally nothing much bigger. There are actually a couple of bodybuilder strippers but they dance so rarely. Wonder if you saw one of them. I believe they are both Middle Eastern or Turkish.

I remember the days in Dallas when lots of the dancers were bodybuilders making money for their gear. Those were the days!

eze,

I go out fairly often here in LA so I'm wondering who the competition muscle was. Description? Blond, dark-haired, Latino, height, weight. There are a couple who would pass for lightweights but normally nothing much bigger. There are actually a couple of bodybuilder strippers but they dance so rarely. Wonder if you saw one of them. I believe they are both Middle Eastern or Turkish.

Hi msclwrsper,

The guy in question dancing at Here Lounge was named Khan (or Kahn?). He said he was israeli but I think he was more likely Turkish or Middle Eastern. Didn't really matter to me where he was from.....just that he was really hot!! My friend and I tipped him very well for about an hour so he was really performing for us. Lots of muscule poses. Sounds like he was one of the Bodybuidler strippers that you mention.

Yes Khan is a site! He is so easy on the eye and loves to share his muscles. He is indeed Turkish although he has lived in many places and identifies with all of them. He is big buddies with another dancer/bodybuilder Habib Youseffi. They both are probably the best "poser" dancers in LA. I've gotten lots of others to flex their muscles but these guys are bodybuilders who like to show their stuff!

Glad you got to enjoy some of LA's finest. Now if only we can get a few more of these hungry bodybuilders in LA to get up on a stage to make some money :-)

Yes Khan is a site! He is so easy on the eye and loves to share his muscles. He is indeed Turkish although he has lived in many places and identifies with all of them. He is big buddies with another dancer/bodybuilder Habib Youseffi. They both are probably the best "poser" dancers in LA. I've gotten lots of others to flex their muscles but these guys are bodybuilders who like to show their stuff!

Yes he was very hot and I would love to see his friend. I have to say, other than Khan, most of the other dancers at Here Lounge and Mickey's were pretty forgetable. I like big masculine guys and there does not seem to be alot of that in WEHO. Having said that, I always have fun when I go out there. Cheers!

Archived