Gold Coast Detroit - brand new private back rooms

twinkboylover28
This topic is 4298 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The new owner of Detroit's Gold Coast built a brand new back-room featuring 8 stalls which are completely private and very dark. No curtains, but you ca ndo ANYTHING inside them. Trust me! The owner got rid of the rule where you had to buy both yourself and the dancer a $5 drink before going private. Now all you have to do is pay the guard $3 that's in charge of protecting the back-room. They also made it 18+ rather than 21+ for the customers. Cover is still $5 , valet is still $3 plus tip, and all private dances are still $20. They put a pool table where the old back-room use to be. On Saturday night they had 25 dancers, but no cute twinks at all. In fact some of these dancers have been the same old tired dancer for 5-yuears or mroe. The Gold Coast mostly has muscle-types that you would find at Campus or Stock. A lot of the dancers were low-grade as far as looks. Made me feel like I could be a dancer since the ywere so ugly. If you like the young, cute, boyish, barely-legal twink dancers from Taboo, then you will be disappointed with the lack of twinks at Gold Coast; however, if you prefer older, muscle, average types...then Gold Coast is for you!. Also, they now have nice leather cushions rather than the old carpeting you used to have to sit on in the back-room. It's still smoke-free and the music was way too loud for my taste. But the news is they built 8 private booths/stalls where you can do anything with your dancer of choice. It's almost pitch-black with zero lighting and very cold, but I was told they are putting in heaters and new lighting, so each customer can control the dim and brightness.

Sounds like progress. But, I've always been very nervous about the location of the Gold Coast.

Not someplace I feel comfortable going to.

True the neighborhood is lousy.......and has been for the 25-30 years I have been going to that bar. They do have easy valet parking (cost of $3 plus tip) so you can pull up to the door and they patrol the parking lots even in winter. So I feel secure in spite of the neighborhood. I personally have never had a problem there although some others have reported that there have been some incidents in the past. Having said that, I saw a very nasty fight just outside of the door of Twist in Miami about a year ago. Very ugly with 3 or 4 guys just beating the crap out of the guy. There was a girl standing by the sidelines and it may have been about her. Anyway, trouble can happen anywhere.

They have a private party on Super Bowl Sunday every year, and hold them on & off the rest of the year. Sometimes they're fun, sometimes they're blah, depends on which guys are working. The new owner is making a lot of great changes in the club, both physical changes including the new back room, and he just seems a lot friendlier and consistent than the previous owner.

Haven't been to one under the new manager, but under the old manager, they were invite only. It just took asking the bartender or manager to get your name on the list. The boys were all nude, as soon as they closed the doors the underwear came off. There's no dancer stage in the back but the boys would do three or four shows on the dance floor during the course of the party.

I was asked once to go to the Super Bowl party years ago now by a dancer. I asked him what it was and he mentioned a bit about it but I never heard that it was nude :) Maybe I would have gone then.

gcursor

They have a private party on Super Bowl Sunday every year, and hold them on & off the rest of the year. Sometimes they're fun, sometimes they're blah, depends on which guys are working. The new owner is making a lot of great changes in the club, both physical changes including the new back room, and he just seems a lot friendlier and consistent than the previous owner.

• 10 months later...

I went to Club Gold Coast two weeks ago on a Sunday night. They had 10-12 dancers of mostly twink/swimmers build types although there was one muscle guy. I was told that the Saturday night before they had 4 muscle guys out of a total of 20 dancers. The Gold Coast does have a private lap dance area where Montreal style fun can be had. Not nearly as sophisticated a Club as say Stock or Swinging Richards (it is Detroit after all) but still fun. Twink lovers would have loved it the night I was there.

The Gold Coast has been around for decades and has always had dancers. The neighborhood is not very good so valet parking the car is recommended. Oddly enough (considering its in Detroit) there are never very many black guys dancing there. It's usually 80-90% white with maybe a hispanic or middle eastern guy and maybe 1 black guy. Kinda strange.

They had another private party the Sunday after thanksgiving, I couldn't make it. The next one is the Super Bowl party, I've heard.

There's a hot new furry-chested redheaded dancer who's started in the last few weeks, I haven't had a chance to talk to him or even find out his name. Redheads aren't my usual type but there's something about him.

There's a new bartender in back and Jeff, the new owner, continues his run of finding the coolest guys to work there. All ar very friendly, and they always remember what your drink is :-)

They had another private party the Sunday after thanksgiving, I couldn't make it. The next one is the Super Bowl party, I've heard.

There's a hot new furry-chested redheaded dancer who's started in the last few weeks, I haven't had a chance to talk to him or even find out his name. Redheads aren't my usual type but there's something about him.

There's a new bartender in back and Jeff, the new owner, continues his run of finding the coolest guys to work there. All ar very friendly, and they always remember what your drink is :-)

Interesting info poolboy. Do you know what goes on at the private parties?

• 3 weeks later...

I am in Michigan for Christmas so I had the opportunity to get to the Gold Coast on Saturday night. It was quite busy and festive with fun holiday decorations. About 20 dancers. Three more muscled guys (although I would not classify them as serious body-builders). One was extremely hot.....albeit on the older side. He has danced at Swinging Richards (Atlanta and Miami) in the past. The rest of the dancers were twink types with 5 of them being very cute twinks. Good fun but it got too crowded by midnight so I decided to leave.

All in all, not a bad strip bar option in the midwest. It is open with dancers 7 nights a week, but I think Monday thru Wednesday are pretty slow.

Archived