Club 20 NYC

tazmanian5230
This topic is 4558 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last night several Daddys members and I visited Club 20.

What has happened to this place?

On all of my past visits the club had lots (sometimes more than 30) of dancers and a good amount of customers. Last night I doubt there were more than a dozen dancers and hardly any customers.

Because we were bored we left early very disapointed.

My favorite dancer turned out to be a waiter ? ?

Go figure!

20c

What has happened to this place? On all of my past visits the club had lots (sometimes more than 30) of dancers and a good amount of customers. Last night I doubt there were more than a dozen dancers and hardly any customers....

Good question Taz... You can't blame the weather as it was a mild and clear night... You can't say it was a football game as there were no games...

When you pay a $20 cover ($10 before 7pm), $3 coat check, $7 for a bottle of water, and $14+ for a drink, you don't expect to find only 6 dancers working when you arrive at 7pm.

It used to be that the 20C dancers had to show up for work by 4pm, if not, they were sent home, (club opens at 5pm), now, things have slackened off and dancers get there when they want... Won't it be nice if we could arrive at our jobs 3 to 4 hours late and no one says anything? By 9pm, (4 hours after the club opened) more dancers had arrived, maybe 12 in total, not the usual 20+. As Taz mentioned, what's happening? :confused:

The 20C gets an early Sunday crowd and by 11pm most customers have left. Management knows this and should have a full show ready when the club opens. Having attended other male strip clubs in NYC, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of dancers and certainly not a shortage of customers.

I hope this was just an off night and not of things to come... Sadly, it really wasn't a good night at the 20C.

Coop

Well yes, last night at 20C was a prime example of winter doldrums. My fav dancer, Nicolai, said that January is always a slow month, but that doesn't make any excuses for the lack of enthusiasm and fun absent from last night's foray. The best part of the evening was being in the company of the members of this list.

I can only hope this was an off night for 20C, bars and clubs do have them, and they will be back to being a bustling hub of lap gyrations soon!

ED

Is the club on 39th Street still up and running on Sundays, Le Boyz or something like that? Last year I had both hit and miss experiences there.

I received this ad on Sunday re: Club 39. So, yes, they're still holding their Sunday events:

http://www.eny39.com/images/1036_800N%20copy.jpg

IMHO.. "The Adonis" on 58th may be starting to suck out some of the Flavour from The 20 Club ?

There's certainly no reason NYC can not support all the boys in their underwear, all over the city. Each place has its own vibe and its own pluses & minuses for each of us. If you have only attended one of the clubs, you should check out the others. And if you have found a favorite, remember to support it and encourage others to join you, so we don't find ourselves sitting here mourning it the way we do with the Gaiety and so many other great/now gone places...

• 1 month later...

The 20Club has definitely seen a drop-off in attendance since the Adonis moved to Manhattan. Most of the dancers at 20Club can be seen at Adonis which operates on both Wednesday & Saturday nights, while 20Club is only open on Sunday nights, which for many isn't the best night of the week for fun & games...also, the price of drinks is less at Adonis.

I think that the lack of response to my inquiry is as good an answer as any. It would seem that the 20 Club has lost its enthusiastic fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived