What's that sound??

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4520 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

.....peace and quiet I think. Hasn't the forum been a nice place to be the last several days? No major fights going on. No SCREAMING. Ok very minor skirmishes on the politics forum but we're used to it over there...and it usually stays respectful. Something has changed for the better but I just can't put my finger on it.;)

.....peace and quiet I think. Hasn't the forum been a nice place to be the last several days? No major fights going on. No SCREAMING. Ok very minor skirmishes on the politics forum but we're used to it over there...and it usually stays respectful. Something has changed for the better but I just can't put my finger on it.;)

I noticed that this afternoon as well...seems so nice around here. I have had a couple of nice responses to my questions and several very nice PM's and some long emails from members, where we actually discussed things that are relevant to this forum. Once Stevens thread died down, it is kinda peaceful....not blaming Steven of course, but everybody had to have their say, and I understand that. Venting your frustration is always a good idea. I have also noticed that since Daddy "Grinched" some people at Christmas time, many have really backed off the antagonistic tone of their posts...Now the question becomes, "When is he back?" ;-)

I noticed that this afternoon as well...seems so nice around here. I have had a couple of nice responses to my questions and several very nice PM's and some long emails from members, where we actually discussed things that are relevant to this forum. Once Stevens thread died down, it is kinda peaceful....not blaming Steven of course, but everybody had to have their say, and I understand that. Venting your frustration is always a good idea. I have also noticed that since Daddy "Grinched" some people at Christmas time, many have really backed off the antagonistic tone of their posts...Now the question becomes, "When is he back?" ;-)

Well let's all enjoy each other's company around here whilst we can. It's so nice right now I can hardly believe it.

Although I must have been quite oblivious to all of the caustic comments and disparagement, I am truly glad that I, personally, have not go to forums where all of this have apparently

occurred!

It's wonderful when the atmosphere is positive and productive even when there are opposing views! It's called (tacitly) agreeing to disagree! -:) -:) -:)

It's wonderful when the atmosphere is positive and productive even when there are opposing views! It's called (tacitly) agreeing to disagree!

Excellent point AX...why isn't there just more of that? In the end, why doesn't someone just say, well "Let's agree to disagree" It just seems, and I am very guilty of this also, it seems like I want the other person to totally agree with me, if not then I am not happy..wierd!

Excellent point AX...why isn't there just more of that? In the end, why doesn't someone just say, well "Let's agree to disagree" It just seems, and I am very guilty of this also, it seems like I want the other person to totally agree with me, if not then I am not happy..wierd!

I'm not so sure it has anything to do with wanting the other person to agree. If it did, the original poster would just stop once someone said "I agree with you." Rather, it seems to be a desire to have the last word, loudly express a viewpoint in an inflammatory way, and rack up the number of posts in a race to the next level of forum royalty. In addition, there seems to be a tendency to refrain from thinking before one writes and reviewing one's posts before posting. Thinking first and then reviewing would go a long way to reducing the vitriol and making the forums a better place. To paraphrase the words of the Chairman/President/CEO-emeritus of what was at that point a top 10 bank, if you would not want your words to be printed on the front page of the [insert the name of your favorite metropolitan newspaper here], reconsider your tone and/or message and try again.

Rather, it seems to be a desire to have the last word, loudly express a viewpoint in an inflammatory way, and rack up the number of posts in a race to the next level of forum royalty. In addition, there seems to be a tendency to refrain from thinking before one writes and reviewing one's posts before posting. Thinking first and then reviewing would go a long way to reducing the vitriol and making the forums a better place. To paraphrase the words of the Chairman/President/CEO-emeritus of what was at that point a top 10 bank, if you would not want your words to be printed on the front page of the [insert the name of your favorite metropolitan newspaper here], reconsider your tone and/or message and try again.[/quote

Excellent point rvwnsd...not sure I fall into the catagory of trying to reach the next level of forum Royalty..LOL but your point on having the last word is well made, I find myself in the back of my head saying that sometimes, when the exchange becomes heated. In addition, I like the Idea that if those words would not be well received on the front page of a newpaper, then perhaps they should not be printed here..regards, BVB

Archived