Missing Posters

citylaw1
This topic is 4357 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have been around this site since the Hooboy days, taking weeks or months off in between. I was thinking of old posters and where they are?

1. Trilingual?

2. Doug69?

3. Woodlawn?

4. Trixie?

And others I can't remember right now. It seems like there used to be a lot more interaction in the past. Thoughts or answers?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trilingual's last post was only eight hours ago, Doug69's was six days ago. There is another recent thread about Trixie in which Lucky offered a possible explanation for his sudden disappearance. Woodlawn either left or was banned (or changed his handle again) after yet another contretemps few years ago.

Trilingual's last post was only eight hours ago, Doug69's was six days ago. There is another recent thread about Trixie in which Lucky offered a possible explanation for his sudden disappearance. Woodlawn either left or was banned (or changed his handle again) after yet another contretemps few years ago.

It just seems like there was more interaction a few years back. Maybe I'm nuts. Woodlawn is definitely not around - his writing style is unique.

FFF was one of the best at...

Quite a few ole timers come to mind, but the guy I miss is FFF. Whether I agreed with him or not, he was always entertaining, and put more effort in his posts than any one else. The dude knew how to stir the pot.

Yep, FFF is one I always think of when we question where some have gone to. I wish he would come back, he was creative in making his point and always entertaining!

Anyone with a strong opinion or ability to have a critical thought was driven away.

Gosh and gee whiz! Do none of us here have strong opinions? I note that you are still here, and so is Rick Munroe. No wimps you!

I miss FFF as well--not just for his sharp-as-a-knife writing style and critical mind, but mostly because of his humor. He was sometimes laugh-out-loud funny.

We still have and should be thankful for Rick Munroe, who is much nicer than FFF and just as amusing, albeit a very different wit than FFF. A MBoard with both FFF and Rick Munroe was a richer more hilarious place.

Provocatively yours, William

yes, FFF was one of the best....fun-to-read posts, savvy writing, slick sense of humor.....

but I never take any of this too seriously....some of the MIA posters you mention were controversial and may have just left.....

Totally Agree..some "have left the building" BUT not forgotten!

Anyone with a strong opinion or ability to have a critical thought was driven away.

Absolutely. I did my best to express some opinions "out of the box." I have

largely given up because of the usual (small) gang of smart alecs and nit-pickers.

Why bother?

BC

FFF's last statement in his picking apart of BN's mea culpa is quite memorable:

I am sincerely sorry and I ask for your forgiveness.

Tell it to the hand.

Come here Benjie and let Uncle Fin give you a piece of advice.

Go away.

Take the blog down and go away.

Now.

Not later.

Now.

You have fragged yourself and there's no way for you to unring the bell. (I love mixing metaphors.)

You can continue to lube your ass up and climb into those rural garage slings you so enjoy and get hammered (for $200/hr) all you want. But your days as a blogger are over. You’ve been exposed as a chronic liar and anything you say in the future, accurate or not, cannot and should not be taken seriously.

At the moment, understandably you're in denial about the severity of what you've done. However, it doesn't change the fact that you're credibility is shattered beyond repair and all the apologies in the world can't change that.

So with that said, would someone please do us all a favor and stick a fork in Benjamin.

He’s done.

Definitively yours,

FFF

Absolutely. I did my best to express some opinions "out of the box." I have

largely given up because of the usual (small) gang of smart alecs and nit-pickers.

Why bother?

BC

BC...The Secret is not to give satisfaction to the "Smart Alecs & Nit Pickers" by NOT taking their CHIT-CHAT cause that's all it is... Seriously at all!

I'm guessing this type gets no real "Face to Face" conversation so they end up on Daddys.

We still have and should be thankful for Rick Munroe, who is much nicer than FFF and just as amusing, albeit a very different wit than FFF. A MBoard with both FFF and Rick Munroe was a richer more hilarious place.

Thanks, William! I actually haven't been posting as much, because it seems to have become a serious place lately (or has it become more serious because I haven't been posting as much?). In any case, FFF used to irritate me but I came to appreciate his humor, so add me to the list of people who miss his presence here.

Change is good.

I actually haven't been posting as much, because it seems to have become a serious place lately

Serious? As in "severely" serious? Not sure what threads you are reading, Rick.

In any case, FFF used to irritate me but I came to appreciate his humor

She had talent, but like so many who are gone, she had a mean streak that sliced like a 5-star Henckels.

Mean queens are ugly, and the world already has too much ugly in it. I'm glad most of the ugly girls are gone. It seems to me they never respected Daddy and/or his Terms of Service.

IMO, intent matters. And if your intent is to slice and dice with every quip, or behave like a troll, the board will never be a welcoming place.

Yes, some queens adore a bitch fest, and they pop popcorn at the hint of a cat fight. The more bitchy the bitches, the better. I'm not one of those queens, and I don't like them.

I think bitchy queens are sad and unhappy people, and too often they're saddled with a goal to make everyone else miserable, too. I don't like misery. And I don't want to be sucked into someone's shit hole. Misery loves company, and for a long time this board attracted some miserable posters.

I applaud Daddy for cleaning house. Now you are free to have a strong opinion and a critical thought but the intent has changed. All for the better, IMO.

Archived