Is anyone else tired of JJKirkwood?

N13
This topic is 4548 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

JJ is like an ice cold beer. Most guys don't like the taste at first. I spit my first one out. But you develop a taste for it (most guys do) and some guys learn to love it. I like the guy and feel that the forum needs more guys to just be real and be honest. If he really annoys you then ignore him. I know there are many of you who like me and value my posts and threads but some of you do not like me. That is sort of the way life is. Were this a democracy which it is not I would vote to keep him and do the reality TV show he suggested! http://www.rentmen.com/mikeyusatop

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's obvious from perusing this thread that folks have a different take on 4000+ posts in 11 months. For example, there's the crowd who says "4000 posts?......what a self-absorbed loser!" But that's not me. Others may say "4000 posts?......I feel sorry for the guy, what a sad and empty life." But again, that's not me.

I'm like "4000 posts?....and a CEO. Marquess, what's your secret?" You see I'm a professional consultant, just a one-man business, and at times, I struggle to get things done, and I can't comprehend your efficiency as an executive and a prolific poster. So, I believer I can learn from a guy like you. What's your secret? Is it surrounding yourself with good people? Delegation? Is that it? Please feel free to elaborate!

JJ is like an ice cold beer. Most guys don't like the taste at first. I spit my first one out. But you develop a taste for it (most guys do) and some guys learn to love it. I like the guy and feel that the forum needs more guys to just be real and be honest. If he really annoys you then ignore him. I know there are many of you who like me and value my posts and threads but some of you do not like me. That is sort of the way life is. Were this a democracy which it is not I would vote to keep him and do the reality TV show he suggested! http://www.rentmen.com/mikeyusatop

I thought your analogy would have been more relatable if you had used "SEMEN" instead of Beer ? But thanks anyway mikey. Its nice to know we have both cum to terms with each other.

It's obvious from perusing this thread that folks have a different take on 4000+ posts in 11 months. For example, there's the crowd who says "4000 posts?......what a self-absorbed loser!" But that's not me. Others may say "4000 posts?......I feel sorry for the guy, what a sad and empty life." But again, that's not me.

I'm like "4000 posts?....and a CEO. Marquess, what's your secret?" You see I'm a professional consultant, just a one-man business, and at times, I struggle to get things done, and I can't comprehend your efficiency as an executive and a prolific poster. So, I believer I can learn from a guy like you. What's your secret? Is it surrounding yourself with good people? Delegation? Is that it? Please feel free to elaborate!

- I would be happy to tell you MY secret in a pvt email. Wouldnt want to burden the members any further... Bottom line is I am not sure what the obsession is with what and how much I post ? Everyone should be concerned with their OWN presence here.

At first I was going to ignore this thread because I really do come here to learn and for occasional laughs. Sad to say, eight pages later neither of my goals is being met here in this thread. I'm sorta disgusted with myself for having actually read everything here. Life is short enough after all and it's an affront to karma/universe/god/whatever to just piss away life's gifts. But there was a fatal fascination for me here in this thread and I couldn't tear myself away. Silly me. But the occasional good item here (voting for silliest thread of the year - no more phone calls please - we have a winner) or Steven's reposting of The Scream (love that picture - could see it every day) plus the number of guys who wrote in a civil manner in the face of incivility as well as disheartening intolerance kept me reading. Now again I see the error of my ways - but I have come to accept that this board has a wide group of guys with different backgrounds, strengths and abilities - it is what it is. We shouldn't hope for too much.

Out of curiosity, do other frequent posters get the same treatment as jj? I looked at the thread glutes posted and noticed that LBT has more than 6,000 posts in under 2 years. His profile tells me that averages out to about 10 posts per day. Although that's a bit less than jj's 13 post-per-day average, LBT hasn't been posting as much the last couple of months. At times, I'm sure they posted similar amounts (someone more skilled than I, like jawja, might be able to do the math and see if ny speculation is accurate. I'm just wondering if LBT or any other frequent poster has incurred the enmity of other forum members the way jj seems to. If not, then it would appear the ire is based on the content of jj's posts rather than the frequency of those posts or the fact that he has an opinion - and shares it - regarding such a broad array of topics.

As for taking over threads, I often see topics of interest hours (sometimes even days) after threads are started. I do not feel that people take over threads simply because the topic evolves, and I don't feel that such evolution prevents me from responding to the original topic if I would like to do so. I am secure enough in my opinions that I don't allow digressions (or taking over a thread as some may call it) to keep me away.

Out of curiosity, do other frequent posters get the same treatment as jj? I looked at the thread glutes posted and noticed that LBT has more than 6,000 posts in under 2 years. His profile tells me that averages out to about 10 posts per day. Although that's a bit less than jj's 13 post-per-day average, LBT hasn't been posting as much the last couple of months. At times, I'm sure they posted similar amounts (someone more skilled than I, like jawja, might be able to do the math and see if ny speculation is accurate. I'm just wondering if LBT or any other frequent poster has incurred the enmity of other forum members the way jj seems to. If not, then it would appear the ire is based on the content of jj's posts rather than the frequency of those posts or the fact that he has an opinion - and shares it - regarding such a broad array of topics.

As for taking over threads, I often see topics of interest hours (sometimes even days) after threads are started. I do not feel that people take over threads simply because the topic evolves, and I don't feel that such evolution prevents me from responding to the original topic if I would like to do so. I am secure enough in my opinions that I don't allow digressions (or taking over a thread as some may call it) to keep me away.

I can think of several cases where some members complained that some (usually new(er)) posters were too prolific or 'taking over'. Zeyfur was criticized on his debut here for responding to too many threads in one day, and I believe that LBT and some friends were also critcized in their earlier days. (I'm sure Glutes could find those threads ;) )

Obviously people come here for different reasons - some to espress themselves, some mostly to read - and there are differing views as to the purpose of the Forums.

Seriously—I don't care if someone criticizes the number of posts I make, or threads that I start. If you have nothing better to do with your time than nitpick about the number of posts that someone else makes—there's a serious problem, all right. With you.

Out of curiosity, do other frequent posters get the same treatment as jj? I looked at the thread glutes posted and noticed that LBT has more than 6,000 posts in under 2 years. His profile tells me that averages out to about 10 posts per day. ...

t would appear the ire is based on the content of jj's posts rather than the frequency of those posts or the fact that he has an opinion - and shares it - regarding such a broad array of topics.

I think that's exactly it, while most of LBT's posts are about Palm Springs Weekend. :p

At last, a non-judgmental. honest response. Thanks.

I generally follow the Biblical rule of "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." I'll judge forum members based on their posts and the threads they start and am happy for them to do the same with me.

Archived