Where have all the creative threads gone?

purplekow
This topic is 4543 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I sometimes feel like I'm watching a slow-motion car wreck, too. Lots of us compete for the position of THE LAST WORD on a post. Don't know the motivation, just notice the behavior.

INS, with due respect to your comment, this is quite diff than the posts being scarce, boring or unrelatable. And your comment is how posts often go astray, which I dont think is necessarily a Bad thing either. I'll admit, I am guilty of seemingly always going for a last word. BUT I treat the site as I would a face to face conversation. When speaking to a person, you normally dont just make a staement, and then get up and walk away. There is usually a back and forth, until the topic or the participants are exhausted. Others may have a difference course of behavior here, but I act here as I do in REAL life. I hope this provides at least some food for thought ?
My comment has nothing to do with the quantity of posts, nor their interest quotient, nor their relatability. I did not comment on how on point the other posts are, either.

However, I'm glad to read your comment, "I'll admit, I am guilty of seemingly always going for a last word." Which is what appears to be the off-putting element of your posts for many other readers. And I would tend to guess that you do eventually find a stopping point in your verbal conversations, while here, you can come and go at will, ad infinitum.

Now, please understand, I'm not being critical of you, or your posts. What I said in my post is what I think - it's like watching a car wreck in slow-motion. Many of us can predict the oneupsmanship that is going to be occurring as you, EZE, BVB, et al compete for the last word. At some point as I posted the other day, VOLUNTARY TIME-OUTS ARE BEST! Because when we choose to stop posting, to step away from the keyboard voluntarily, we prove ourselves to be better people. Constantly posting back and forth in a huge hen session is unproductive and off-putting.

i ALWAYS enjoy my contributions here, whether they are embraced by others or not. At least I make an effort.
I have to laugh because I'm assuming this is your humor talking.

As wise man once told me, "Beware of the man who is the hero of all his own stories."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hijack? TOTAL hijack.

I don't understand what you are asking for.

I am not asking for anything.

Are you inviting others to be nasty to you?

On any internet board where trolls are permitted to roam, an invitation for nastiness is unnecessary. Being nasty is part of the troll agenda.

This is the only board I contribute to that caters to gay men. When I first joined, I was hit by a barrage of attacks. Many members called me a fraud and a liar, ridiculing my life's anecdotes. Considering my personal feelings regarding liars (I really despise liars), never before had I been called a liar by so many strangers (and it was permitted).

In 2005, trolls were everywhere on this board. I knew the lay of the land from years of lurking so I wasn't really taken by surprise. But, in order to survive, one needed to grow a thicker skin fast, and decide whether the effort was worth it.

I did survive, and at the owner's encouragement, I tried to change things for the better. I wasn't alone. I'm happy to write that many of those trolls who constantly attacked me are now gone. And the irony still remains, every detail I've written here about my life is the truth. I don't lie.

So when a new username (troll) has the tiny balls to call me a liar and a fraud, I'm reminded of my early days here.

I tend to agree with you that your posts, for the most part, are educational, elucidating the facts of a concept.

I consider your views silly, superficial, attacking, personal, vindictive, vacuous

and supercilious. OK, happy?

As I said, I come for the diversity of opinions. Yes, I'm happy.

I don't care if you disagree with me but to everyone who reads my posts and doesn't place me on "ignore," thank you.

PS In spite of what I've written here, I really don't care if anyone chooses to post what I consider a stupid thread.

This is not the fucking Learning Annex and we therefore dont need continuous lectures on Troll behavior. Perhaps its time Mr R introduced a NEW topic to the board ?. His history on this board is evident from the archived posts, which dont paint a pretty picture, and it appears NOTHING has changed with his attitude or behavior, except maybe its gotten worse. I am relatively new here, so I only know what I have seen here and read. I dont need to make up stories. They are already there, en masse... Yes I post alot, on many diff topics. Mr R needs to branch out. We get it already. He doesnt like Trolls.... but then again he doesnt like much of anything.

We should all be grateful to RH fr trying to change things for the better. :rolleyes:

Zeyfur:

I'm unfamiliar with his history, and with apologies, I didn't have time to go back and study the archives.

Would you be able to summarize his efforts to change things for the better in a few

sentences? Many thanks if possible.

Best wishes,

BC

Zeyfur:

I'm unfamiliar with his history, and with apologies, I didn't have time to go back and study the archives.

Would you be able to summarize his efforts to change things for the better in a few

sentences? Many thanks if possible.

Best wishes,

BC

Was it just me, or did anyone else's sarcasm monitor go off at zeyfur's post?

Archived