Taboo Is Back

Jake
This topic is 4496 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ridiculous Cooper lies and says I put words in his mouth and when I list the quote he pretends he does not see it and does not apologize and I am the the one being rude.

Bottom line he spent a few minutes in the club and saw at most 15% of the dancers on stage and makes general comments about the quality of the dancers.. We don't care about your opinion Cooper. Go back to Stock threads where you belong.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firecat, You are now calling me a "liar" and I should apologize for being "rude"... Here you go again, putting more words into my mouth, you're saying I spent a "few minutes" at the club??? and only saw 15% of the dancers? Wow!

Take time and read what I posted about my time at Taboo over New Years... I told the op, I had a "wonderful" time at Taboo and even better at L'Adonis... So, where's your proof that I "never liked Taboo"?

http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?66471-Taboo-Montreal

Ridiculous Cooper lies and says I put words in his mouth and when I list the quote he pretends he does not see it and does not apologize and I am the the one being rude.

Bottom line he spent a few minutes in the club and saw at most 15% of the dancers on stage and makes general comments about the quality of the dancers.. We don't care about your opinion Cooper. Go back to Stock threads where you belong.

Firecat, Since you asked, here's another thread that includes more of my favorable comments about Taboo, I'm still waiting for yours that shows "I never liked Taboo"... "We don't care about your opinion Cooper"... Who's "we"? ... I doubt I'll be reading an apology from you. Your comments were rude and mean spirited. Perhaps the worst I've ever seen in this Forum.

http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?66212-New-Year-s-in-Montreal

I'm sure most of us will agree that sharing opinions on strip clubs is what makes this Forum so interesting. I doubt very much that we will all agree on anything but, hopefully, we will all be open minded to a different take. A frequent poster in this Forum who left daddy's for another site, reminded me today that calling someone's report "useless" only drives members away. I certainly don't want to see that occur... For me, it doesn't take 4 hours to recognize the difference between quality and quantity in a lineup. I've been visiting Taboo for years and do hope they have a successful come back.

Jake, thanks for your contributions to this Forum and sharing your insight on Taboo, however, I will never "totally agree" with you.

How may times do I have to post the above. It doesn't take 4 hours to recognize the difference between quality and quantity. You said it and you tried to say I put words in your mouth and you still have not admitted that you said it. When you apologize for saying I put words in your mouth then maybe I will look at one of your past threads.

However that doesn't change the facts.

1. You said you were there for 1 drink. So unless you are a bars worst nightmare of someone who takes up space without spending money that would be about 30 minutes. But lets double it and say you are a cheap customer and say you were there an hour.

2. The most boys you could have seen on stage in one hour is 6. 6 represents 20% of the boys working that night. So you making broad statements of quality vs. quantity is just plain fabrication. Your opinion on no facts but stated like you are there and saw most of the dancers. You saw practically none of them!

You are entitled to your opinions but not your own facts.

I could care less if you went to a NYears Party 5 years ago because friends from this board prevailed upon you to join them. Thats right I was there . We are talking about your report from Friday night where you make a generalization about the dancers when you hardly saw any of them.

If you were there even long enough to see 1/2 the dancers then your opinion might mean something. Your one drink visit means nothing and just a statement of your biases!!!

Nice try...

Firecat, You put words in my mouth when you stated as a fact that "I never liked Taboo", you then "challenged" me to find a post where I said something favorable about Taboo. I took you up on your challenge and provide you with two. Then, I asked you to find one that supported your claim and you can't... So, not only did you misspeak when you posted that but now, you claim, you won't even look at them. LOL, I bet you did for they are a fun trip down memory lane. It was Taboo at it's best.. So, since you can't support your claim, you are now trying to change the subject and make it about "quality" v. "quantity" huh?... What a hoot! Hey, my work is done here.

Cooper

You are as dishonest as anyone can be. Anyone who reads the whole thread will see who opened his big mouth and said I put words in it when the exact words were from your mouth 2 posts before. I suppose the next thing you will do as Moderator is remove the evidence so you don't look like a Fool!

Bottom line you saw 20% or less of the boys that were working and your opinion means nothing. Let me see you change those facts!

And your post on NYears eve is one sentence. You had a great time with your friends 7 years ago , no where do you mention anything about the boys. Try to come up with something useful?

And your post on NYears eve is one sentence. You had a great time with your friends 7 years ago , no where do you mention anything about the boys. Try to come up with something useful?

From: http://www.companyofmen.org/showthread.php?66212-New-Year-s-in-Montreal ... The 2nd thread, useful enough? So, where's yours to support your claim that "I never liked Taboo'? Hey, this was your "challenge" not mine...

RE: New Year's in Montreal

Hey beefeater, it was nice meeting you too and eating my roast beef next to a real "beefeater". :-)

Yes, Stock was fun, but the place to be for New Year's Eve was Taboo. There were over 20 dancers in the lineup and several of the "retired" dancers stopped by to say hi. Good seeing Joey again, the dancer who pours candle wax on his chest and walks on the ceiling. I see another dancer is now following in his footsteps.

Contrary to what someone else posted, the back room at Taboo is still well monitored. I felt like I was in Grand Central Station with all the activity going on. Very little privacy with the bright lights and employees walking in to get supplies out of the back room. One dancer told me they have to keep their feet on the stool during the entire lap dance. When I was doing a 3way lap dance with Frank and Philip, the monitor spoke to them 4 times about things they shouldn't be doing. At one point he said to them "what are you trying to do, give that man a heart attack". :-)

Got to meet Marc's recommendation, Helmut. Cute guy, unfortunately, I don't speak French and his English was very limited. At first he said he didn't do hotel calls, then said to me later, "how much". :-) Still my favorite at Taboo is John.

Campus was slow in the afternoons, few dancers and each day the same lineup... Adonis had some interesting bodies. Joe the tall blond was very attentive and my new favorite, Patrick, provided some good conversation and back room fun.

Stock is still the best for variety of builds, lap dances, waiters, and back-room privacy. Good being with the regulars: Riccardo, Steve, Marco, Kirk, Sam, Raphael, Manuel, JP, Rick, Rene, Nicolas (who's now at the Gaiety), etc. Liked Brandon's look, hope to see him and his brother again.

Nick the dick and Sam will be at the Gaiety 1/10 and Raphael on 1/21... Was very attracted to the looks of the manager's boy toy, unfortunately, so were most patrons... Spent some time with Danny who wasn't dancing at Stock. He's doing well and plans on a Gaiety visit in the Spring... Out to Luso, Johny says hi, he's not dancing and has no plans on coming back to NYC or the Gaiety. I guess you'll just have to go to Montreal to see him... As for Spencer, anyone remember him from Adonis and the Gaeity? He's no longer dancing, but is now a business man. He looks great and is doing well.

The weather held up nicely and outside of the cold and a few ice patches on the sidewalks, no problems getting around. Good time had by all.

You just keep throwing more and more s--t from years ago. Who cares . Answer the question that when you saw less then 20% of the dancers 4 days ago , how you can make sweeping statements that it doesn't take you 4 hours to tell the difference between quality and quantity.

Evidently you think you are the almighty, capable of commenting on the quality of 30 dancers when you saw 6 or less. Stop the bull shit about 7 years ago you said something good. Nobody cares. The discussion is about Taboo in 2012. You made an ass of yourself trying to make people think you watched the dancers and were commenting on their quality. When in reality you were in Taboo for a very short time, saw very few dancers and have the gall to state your opinion as fact.

Your opinion is a joke and a complete fabrication. All the posters here who spent more then a few minutes agree with me and you are a lone wolf crying the same old baloney.

Maybe I'll see if Stock is still streaming and I will watch for 15 minutes and then start a thread about what is wrong with all those straight boys in Stock.

No I won't. Only people like you think they can make statements of fact when they have no facts!

" I challenge you to find one thread where your post was positive about the dancers at Taboo.And while your at it I challenge you to find a thread about Stock where I posted my biased opinions about the dancers at Stock.

"You just keep throwing more and more s--t from years ago. Who cares."

Who cares? I guess you do or did you forget you posted that? Why can't you answer the simple question... Show your proof that "I never liked Taboo"... I'll answer it for you, because there is none.

Ok I have no proof. Now what s--t will you throw to answer how you can see 20% or less ,probably less of the dancers and you make statement that you don't have to spend 4 hours to tell the difference between quality and quantity .

You have no idea what you are talking about the other night and you keep running away from the fact that you should have never said what you did. You spent a short time, saw a few dancers and made an ASS of yourself making sweeping generalizations. Now lets see you admit that!

Firecat,

How do you figure that if Cooper was at Taboo for an hour he only saw 20% of the dancers?

Couldnt he have seen them struing there stuff on the floor shirtless and decided he didnt like them?

I have seen some dancers with there shirts ON and knew I didnt want anything to do with them, I dont need to see every dancers stage show to decide if I like a dancer.

You keep mentioning the "Str8 dancers at Stock", do you think that all the taboo dancers are gay ?

BTW, who cares if there STR8, are you looking for a husband ?

As one of the owners of Stock I have no interest in your thoughts on Taboo. You know nothing about Taboo and people who like Taboo have no interest in what you think about Taboo. I will refrain on any comments about Stock except in my discussion with Cooper.

I don't go to threads about Stock and comment when I realize I have a bias against the type of dancers at Stock . I would hope you do the same and not bother commenting about a bar that you know nothing about and have no attraction to the type of dancers they offer.

Damn, this is better than Desperate Housewives.

lol... yep... gotta love the drama queens. :)

Listen it's as simple as this. As I said when I started this thread, twink lovers are going to love how Taboo has bounced back. Yep, there are some queeny boys mixed in. Ya like 'em beefy and more butch? The 'boo will bore you... stick to Stock and Campus.

OK OK.. everybody calm down.. First of all, I am the person Cooper was talking about who stopped posting here because of the rudeness, the "I'm right and you're wrong attitudes" of several people. I used to post here fairly frequently. But when you get attacked, ridiculed and called names by other posters, is that conducive to sticking around and making more posts? I think not. Very few people LIKE to be made fun of and called names for saying what is on their minds. That kind of behavior is not conducive to a gentlemanly conversation.

We all are here because we have some general things in common. In this thread, it is the attraction to male dancers/strippers. That doesn't mean we all like the same flavors of boys. In my opinion, it is that variety of tastes, just like the variety of boys that makes this place interesting. Sure, I may prefer more of the twinks/boy next door types. That doesnt mean that I won't go to Stock. I might even have a good time there. My opinion means no less simply because I am not generally attracted to "those types". I am entitled to my opinion, just as each and everyone else is entitled to his own opinion.

Can't we all just agree to disagree, and act civilly towards one another?????

Why don't you get it . Opinions are fine but when statements of fact are made and generalizations about the dancers at Taboo on Friday night then if the statements are biased the person need to be held to account. When you have one drink and spend undoubtably less then 30 minutes in a Club then you don't get to say quantity over quality. When you show your bias by disdaining the use of make up or highlights in the hair, your opinions have to be questioned.

People who want to read about Taboo would like a report from Taboo lovers past or present not Stock Lovers.

In this particular case I was in Taboo the same night as Cooper and saw every single one of the 30 dancers. His description of the dancers present is completely wrong and since I spent 8 times as much time there as he did, my opinion is much more valid.

As i said before I don't comment on Stock threads because I am not there long enough or able to overcome my natural biases. Anyone who reads the posts by Cooper carefully and realizes that he spent very little time at Taboo can only come to the conclusion that his opinions are biased and not warranted.

And by the way this thread took a less civil turn when Cooper accused me of putting words in his mouth when all I did was repeat exactly what he said 2 posts earlier. He can enlist all the friends he wants but unless he changes the thread with his Moderator status then any intelligent person will see that he said exactly what I said .

It's been years since I've been to Taboo. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older ... or all the chatter lately about how it's turned around. Now I can't wait to check it out for myself!

Definitely worth it man! I almost worry now that we've hyped it up too much! lol But yeah I was reading the positive reviews, but was so skeptical after seeing how Taboo fell apart the last few years. This new guy running the show clearly knows what he's doing. It's a bit more expensive and more effort than Fort Lauderdale, but this time of year, just the abiance of the Village itself and all the people watching... it's worth a visit. I'm thinking I might make one more trip up this summer - either 4th of July week or maybe Labor Day weekend.

Visiting Montreal for Grand Prix weekend.

All the yada yada here caused me the take a walk to Taboo.

I dont at all see what all the fuss is about. I dont go to stip clubs for table cloths and managers wearing a suit.

First the "new lights" on the stage are ugly and annoying to look at. When your supposed to be watching a show all night lights shouldnt be flashing directly in your FACE ALL NIGHT.

The dancers (about 20) are skinny looking like they need a meal and havent been fed in months. I stayed for almost 2 hours and couldnt find 1 dancer I would consider giving $10 to for a lap dance however a friend took a dancer (Josh?) for a spin and said the back rooms were unchanged since 2 years ago and in need of renovation.

My friend said the dancer must have been on some type of drugs, he was dripping wet during the entire dance. The club was not hot, the AC was working fine.

I guess if your into skinny unfed tweeked out sissy boys Taboo is your place.

Maybe they can hand out nose plugs for the nasty washrom. It looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks and smelled like a bus terminal washroom.

Tonight, Campus and Stock.

Real dancers, Real Clubs.

Imagine that. Someone who doesn't like twinks didn't like Taboo. (yawn)

Guys. Said it twice already on this thread. People have different taste. Ya don't like twinks? Don't get your hopes up by reading the positive Taboo reviews. Duh!

Did I bag on Stock/Campus guys? I can play bitchy queen too... "Those roided up emotionless straight blah blah blah." I don't. People have different tastes. That's not a bad thing! :)

Archived