Bath Houses?

Atlantagaguy
This topic is 4514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

One reson I like bathhouses and sex clubs is that you aren't going to a strangers home or having a stranger come to your home. Safer environment. Also if the other person isn't as great in the sack as you hoped you pick up your towel and go on to the next person.....

Excellent observation Travis!! Did I ever see you on that 'grand staircase'? ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... Chicago's "Mans Country" bathhouse used to have an attached auditorium space complete with stage dubbed "the music hall".

Oh yeah Mans Country still has a stage/auditorium. The bathhouse has been chopped up, and then recombined, shrunk, then expanded, a few times. With part of its space at times being the Chicago Eagle and Bistro Too. When the Eagle was in the back and the entrance was through a Semi trailer it was pretty cool. And supposedly Divines performance at the Bistro was his last.

Mans Country still has shows but mostly just strippers on weekends as far as I can tell. Although the stage makes a nice impromptu place for patrons to put on shows of their own. One of Mans Country's more recent re-expansions has resulted in some very cool fantasy and fetish rooms with things like slings, St. Andrews crosses, cages and more.

The patrons at Mans Countryare very diverse in terms of ethnicity, race, age, and kink. But (I guess like many bathhouses) is is sometimes hit or miss as to how many or what kind of patrons will be there on any given night, and sometimes actually unexpected times may be best. It's rooms scattered across 3 or more levels are also fairly diverse ranging from disheleved pits to new, clean and well outfitted, some which are fairly unique.

Perhaps because of it's history of having shows Mans Country doesn't seem to have any rules on what you wear, so there are people naked, with towels, leather gear, and regular street clothes. That makes it relatively easy to work out a fair number of fantasies from voyeurism all the way to gang bangs.

Oh and not unusual to run into owner Mr Renslow (founder of IML and the Gold Coast leather bar from the late 50s), though he must be 80 he is still handsome, and charming.

Raul

http://daddysreviews.com/review/raul_g_chicago

I stopped in Mans Country and it was almost empty on a Saturday, kind of depressing, with a couple of dancers who were kind of mechanical....

Yeah the shows seem to vary widely from pathetic to often uninspired to occasionally fabulous.

Sometimes it is worh seeing who is performing and taking into account what else is going on in the city which can make or break a visit to Mans Country.

Archived