Having a pretty shitty day.

Xander
This topic is 4480 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Seeker, I do believe that I mentioned the West Coast as being a serious problem. I am far more informed perhaps because most everyone on the West coast owns an automobile. It is a huge problem here. I have many friends on the East Coast that do not even own cars, because of the superior rapid transit system there. I was trying to help...you of all people should have seen that. If you did not, then I must say that I am a little disappointed in your take on things.

BVB, I DO believe you were trying to be helpful, but you also seemed to be saying "you should have known better". My point was that his location and experience may not have led him to be as conscious of such possibilities as yours have.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys crack me up, thanks for the laughs. Family friend of mine who has lent me money in the last for early business endeavors agreed to lend me some cash for another jeep (and a trailer to move everything with). Things are already in motion for the move to phoenix. I be unenrolling from school (big gulp) the second I have an insured car in my name again. I'll probably be there through Christmas to get money saved up and get school plans done before I head to San Francisco. While I'm only a junior (at Georgia Tech...which I can now proudly say publicly since I will no longer be a student) most of my classes completed are major specific so transferring to a UC school should be cake. Unfortunately I'll have to live in SF for a year to get CA residency again for decreased tuition.

Tentative plan for now...Going to go through it a few times and run some more risk analysis.

But God it feels good to know ill be back on the west coast again.

The car was locked, by the way. I live in downtown Atlanta..I'm not that naive. My neighbor had his apartment broken into three weeks ago. We have missing packages all of the time. I, for one, am glad to not have to call Atlanta home any longer. I don't like to think of it as running away from problems as much as relocating to where there is less :p

You guys crack me up, thanks for the laughs. Family friend of mine who has lent me money in the last for early business endeavors agreed to lend me some cash for another jeep (and a trailer to move everything with). Things are already in motion for the move to phoenix. I be unenrolling from school (big gulp) the second I have an insured car in my name again. I'll probably be there through Christmas to get money saved up and get school plans done before I head to San Francisco. While I'm only a junior (at Georgia Tech...which I can now proudly say publicly since I will no longer be a student) most of my classes completed are major specific so transferring to a UC school should be cake. Unfortunately I'll have to live in SF for a year to get CA residency again for decreased tuition.

Tentative plan for now...Going to go through it a few times and run some more risk analysis.

But God it feels good to know ill be back on the west coast again.

The car was locked, by the way. I live in downtown Atlanta..I'm not that naive. My neighbor had his apartment broken into three weeks ago. We have missing packages all of the time. I, for one, am glad to not have to call Atlanta home any longer. I don't like to think of it as running away from problems as much as relocating to where there is less :p

Hope you didn't think I was lecturing you...seriously I was trying to help, but LOL LOL the West Coast, Central California Valley and SF, has a major car theft problem. AND I am not trying to tell you how to live your life or whatever it was that some of these guys thought I was saying to you, only giving you a heads up...safe travels.:) AND BTW...weather wise, you are gonna love the West Coast...and San Fran-cis-co...well sir, that is almost Heaven on earth...the people are the best.

but you also seemed to be saying "you should have known better".

Yes I am getting that impression seek...LOL BUT that was the last thought that I had on my mind. If I was trying to say that he should have known better, then yes, it would have been a terrible thing to be saying in that situation. I know you don't really know me, and it is hard communicating in cyber space, because you can't hear the other persons voice, but trust me when I say this, I would NEVER say something that cold to another person, after just losing not only the car but all the valuables as well.

I have owned well in excess of 30 cars in my life and only one has been stolen. The rest have not even been broken into or vandalized. I have a lot of experience in this area and only wanted to pass that knowledge on...sadly there were some here who couldn't wait to try and spin this in another direction...funny really, if nothing else, it made for an interesting evening:)

as long as it isn't from this type of cheap gay ignorant history[/url]

I'm more concerned about people like BVB - who school young people in the art of proper behavior, publicly, when then, they themselves, engage in just the opposite behavior publicly for their own self, and sexual best interests.

If BVB cared about Xander, and his personal struggles in his life - he would have gone private with Xander, or at least as public, and in the same manner which he did with Scott Adler. During HIS issues.

I've learned the hard way not to EVER mention personal misfortunes on this forum. It's not worth ending up on the hot seat for. Everytime you do, you get the finger points and the blame: "Why would you? You shoulda...You need to always..." Like everything in life can be prevented. Some things happen, but then good comes out of it. Then you think, wow...that was actually GOOD for me. It's like, misfortunes don't really last that long...and in a month or 2, you'd been of moved on and completely recovered. Meanwhile, you've forgot about it, yet the forum is still discussing it. Not worth it. And non of their business to begin with.

That said...the whole situation sounds pretty shitty and saying I can imagine it to be overbearing would be an understatement. To play devil's advocate a bit, I never like packing the car AT HOME the night prior to a road trip. Neighbors can be nosy as fuck, and seeing you pack up for something overnight gives them more time to plot and contemplate something. By neighbors, I mean anyone who you comes in close and constant proximity with you who may watch your comings and goings to your vehicle. I'm a firm believer that most car break ins, home invasions etc are either by people you know or someone who know's someone you know. I know because I've witnessed having a friend's car broken into before. It seemed like a random act at first, but then the puzzle came together that it in fact wasn't at all. It went from 'who would do something like this?' to 'Oh okay, it makes sense why this went down in the 1st place and I ended up in the middle of it'

Well, if my car were to be stolen again (which, thanks to the infinite wisdom of the sages in this thread, will never happen again) I'd much rather it be in SF than in ATL. Statistics don't bother me much... I'll just be sure to follow more preventative measures.

I need to get a flower for my hair

By the way, your reaction reminds me of the time my apartment was burgled. I came home late one night to find my TV, stereo & electric skillet(!) were missing. It took me a few seconds to figure out why the living room looked different, but then my first thought was, "Why has my roommate moved the TV?" :p

Getting burgled produces odd reactions. First there's "where did I put that?" followed by "oh crap!".

My apartment in Chicago was burgled the day after I'd flown home from accepting a job in Los Angeles. The totally inept thieves took:

• An old laptop that didn't have anything on it, battery only lasted 10 minutes and the monitor only worked some days. They weren't smart enough to take the power supply or floppy drive sitting next to it.
  • A cell phone that hadn't been able to get a signal in my soon-to-be new neighborhood in CA.
  • A debit card on a bank account I'd closed earlier that day.

They actually did me a favor. The insurance on the useless laptop paid for much of the moving expense, and I didn't have to put the damn thing in a box and later unpack it. :p

I wish everyone who experiences a burglary could have things work out so well, but I'm mindful that it usually doesn't.

Sorry Xander that you're experiencing some bad times and I hope you get them all sorted out soon. As for your other comment, if it were me and that happened to me then I would still want to go camping because I'd want to reward myself for dealing with the stress that that situation put me through.

Archived