Prince Harry Naked...

ErieBear
This topic is 4438 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting that everyone seems to think, "Big deal, he's a horny, cute guy who is taking full advantage of his prestige and good looks." I agree with this completely. Big deal.

But I have to wonder how different the public opinion would be if it were one of the female royals...Beatrice or Eugenie, or even Pippa Middleton. Expecting the snarky comments about "who would want to see the princesses naked?" but in all honesty, i think there would be a huge outrage and backlash if it was a woman.

Double standard definitely.

I find it interesting that everyone seems to think, "Big deal, he's a horny, cute guy who is taking full advantage of his prestige and good looks." I agree with this completely. Big deal.

But I have to wonder how different the public opinion would be if it were one of the female royals...Beatrice or Eugenie, or even Pippa Middleton. Expecting the snarky comments about "who would want to see the princesses naked?" but in all honesty, i think there would be a huge outrage and backlash if it was a woman.

Absolutely.

Excellent point....I had not thought of that scenario. There is a double standard across the board in almost all aspects of society for women.

Double standard? Seems like Miss Middleton first grabbed Willie's attention by parading around in public in see through undies.

It's the age old double standard.

Every father wants his darling daughter to be a "good girl", but they want their sons to "get some". They're mutually exclusive goals, of course, and always have been. But they've always been there.

I should have been more clear. My point was more to how unequally women are treated in society in general. As an example of not receiving equal pay or the same opportunities for employment or promotions etc.

The world is unfair-always will be. Communism tried to make it fair-but failed miserably. Human nature being what it is, will always strive for an advantage for yourself, your kids, your extended family and for the radius that gradually extends outwards.

Women are doing just fine-until now it was hard physical labor and war-where men naturally excelled. Now it is stupid jobs where you sit all day and talk-a natural woman's forte. So they are doing better and better.

Actually I remember the tabloids making a big deal about Eugenie being topless on a beach a few years back. Though a Google search only came up with pictures of her in a bikini. I believe it was a big story for all of 5 minutes.

So Harry wanted to have some fun... big deal... he just picked the wrong girls... or perhaps the right girls, depending on what he wanted. The sad thing is that they did not respect his privacy and his security detail is likely to get sacked over this affair. What if he was gay and was partying with some hot guys? Then there would have been even more of a rukus. Sorry he is now "confined" as it were, and it will be interesting how he goes about having fun in the future... I feel bad for him, and it has to be a terrible burden to have every move watched, not knowing who you can trust.. who your true friends are, etc. Lots of folks are out to get their jollies by focusing on him. How many of us would like to have our "private" moments when we were his age photographed and published. So now we know he is a lot like most hetrosexual men who enjoy partying and getting naked and playing pool and other things... Good For You Harry... at your age you deserve to have some fun, I just hope you are careful too.

So Harry wanted to have some fun... big deal... at your age you deserve to have some fun, I just hope you are careful too.

Sorry DD that I pieced together your quote. For the record, I agree with you 100%... I think Harry is the cutest of all the Royals, and I am glad to see that he is out and about having fun.

Someone said he was on the public payroll, aside from the legitimate salary he receives from the army, I think the figures mentioned earlier are correct and that he receives nothing from the public purse, only an allowance from the Queen, is that right? In any event, I sure did enjoy seeing what I saw lol

First the good news...rumor has it more pics will be released.

Second, while the majority agree that Prince Harry is just a randy lad who likes to have fun, he's a member of the military in the UK and is held to a high standard of good behavior and judgement. Secondly, as a member of the royal family, he is also held to a higher standard of conduct, although this hasn't stopped is aunts, uncles and forebearers from garnering their share of scandalous headlines in the past.

Also, he does get a royal allowance, not from the Queen, but from the taxpayers of the UK. The Queen is given, from the government, around $83 million a year to help fulfill her royal duties, and part of those monies goes to members of the royal family, in return for their participation in public ceremonies representing the Queen. Elizabeth does not dole out monies to these royals from her own pocket. Many, such as Charles, get high incomes from their estates and investments. Will and Harry collect salaries from their positions in the military (around $50,000 a year), income from the trust from their Mother's estate (about $250,000 a year), and a royal allowance (not sure if this amount has been reported). You didn't think they showed up at the Olympics just to goggle at the gymnasts?? LOL

Also, it has been reported that once the royal edict came down upon his cute little ginger head that her Magesty wanted him home immediately, there was a scramblee for and airline ticket and poor Harry flew home in coach. Poor kid, he had to eat coach food! LMAO

I forsee a long post in Afganistan for the prince in the near future...

ED

Actually, I don't think William and Harry receive any funding from the taxpayers except for their military salaries. The Queen receives taxpayer funding via the Civil List (or is it the Sovereign Grant now?). Charles receives nothing from the Queen and I'm pretty sure that neither William nor Harry do either.

I'm actually very impressed with both William and Harry - despite Harry's antics.

Anyone think all these things could be staged? Maybe he's really gay? Or is that wishful thinking?

Sorry I misposted!!! Mea Culpa! I thought I had read that William and Harry got a royal allowance, but it seems they do not. They are reimbursed for any expenses related to their royal duties (i.e travel). This article has some interesting facts on the finances of the royal family:

http://www.discoveryfinance.com/how-much-do-british-royal-family-make-annually.html

The boys are not hurting for monies. The trust Diana left them generates an estimated $450,000 a year for each of them. AND, lets not forget that their father, Charles is richer than his mother and owns vast amounts of properties in the UK. His estimated annual salary is around $28 million. The boys don't have to go far for a handout....

ED

I should have been more clear. My point was more to how unequally women are treated in society in general. As an example of not receiving equal pay or the same opportunities for employment or promotions etc.

Some gays, far too many really, just looooooooooooooove their Cult of Victimhood. True, women don't earn or get promoted as much as men. But women also work fewer hours, travel less, take maternity leave(s), etc. As economist Thomas Sowell writes: "When you compare women and men in the same occupations with the same skills, education, hours of work, and many other factors that go into determining pay, the differences in incomes shrink to the vanishing point -- and, in some cases, the women earn more than comparable men. But why let mere facts spoil the emotional rhetoric or the political ploys to drum up hysteria and collect votes?"

Playing the victim is so much darn easier than taking personal responsibility, plus it's so much more fun!

Archived