New nyc lap dance/champagne room venue...

edjames
This topic is 4314 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's official, although strangely no word on the website.

Advertisement in this week's issue of NEXT magazine.

Luis Gomez hosts and DJ Mitch Ferrino is on the decks while 15 hot’n’horny go-go studs work the room giving lap dances and exploring the champagne room. 10pm–2am; $5.

THE MONSTER

80 Grove St

Lap Dances

Champagne Rooms

15 Gorgeous Men

$5 Budweiser and Rolling Rock

$ 5 "Suggested cover"

Could be a downtown rival of Adonis Lounge?

Damn, cannot go this Wednesday but definitely pencilled for a later date.

ED

Is it intended to be a regular Wednesday night event?

Looks that way...

Monster phone number is 212-924-3558 for more info and details...let us know what you find out.

Since the ad says "Launch Party" it's a pretty good indication that this will be a weekly event, although Halloween, Oct 31 might be "iffy."

ED

I hear the Wednesday is only temporary and they may move to Fridays

Interesting, it does look like they are trying to be compete head on. Otherwise, you would think they would pick Thursday or another day. Are there enough dancers to go around, lol?

I made the trip to Monster on Wednesday. There were around 7 dancers till midnight, when i left. All of them were from Adonis Lounge. I was hoping some dancers from the recently closed Web bar would show up, but was disappointed. If this event is moved to Friday so as to avoid the conflict with Adonis, we could have more dancers and more fun, and perhaps could start earlier than 10 pm. The cover charge was 5$ which i think is appropriate.

Thanks diehard for the rather disappointing review. Nothing says "fer-get-about-it" faster than a disappointing turnout of dancers and those that, well, let's say, have been around for awhile. Sounds like this event may be headed for oblivion....shame.

Apologies - to clarify - i don't want or expect this new event to fail. This was just the first night and I like the idea of another downtown option for us. However, they should not be in competition with Adonis on the same nights with the same dancers. As someone indicated above, hopefully this is only temporary. Good luck to the person taking the initiative.

Peace.

• 1 month later...

Archived