Miami October 23, 24, 25

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4355 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm currently in Miami and had the opportunity to visit Twist and Swinging Richards already this week.

I went to Twist on Tuesday night. Pretty much what you would expect on a Tuesday night in October. Not too crowded but got relatively busy twice during the evening. 8-9 dancers that night. Several that I had seen before and also some new ones. The newer guys were one muscular Venezuelan whose name I forgot and a smaller but well built Honduran guy named Juan. Old standards like Marcelo of Mexico and Diego of Uruguay were there as well. A fun night. I prefer these clubs during the week when they are less crowded. I just find them more comfortable, less smokey (it's Florida folks), and more opportunity to spend time with some of the guys.

I visited Swinging Richards on Wednesday night and brought a "date" with me. A good selection of 15-20 dancers there. No twinks per se. Only one bigger built guy (Roland the Hungarian that used to dance at Stock Bar in Montreal). A new guy from Washington State that seemed nice. He joined us at the table for a bit for a chat. A few Venezuelans and Argentines. One Argentine named Sebastian who I recognized from Twist and whom I have actually hired before. I had found him on RB a few years ago when he was visiting Miami. He also danced at Twist from time to time as well. Anyway, he joined us for a drink and we got caught up on things. He is currently not running any RB ads as his new girlfriend doesn't want him to. A couple of black guys.....which was nice to see because on some of my prior visits there were none. I always think its a good idea for them to have a good mix of dancers so that there is something for everyone. Brazilian crowd pleaser Will(iam) was there. Great on stage. Big grin from ear to ear. I also spotted a well-known customer that frequents Stock in Montreal. He came into SR's with one of the well-known dancers from Montreal. Interesting how these strippers get around.

The only turn-off last night at SR's was that the DJ was being particularly aggressive in trying to get people to tip the dancers on stage. He was almost getting nasty about it. It's true that the bar was pretty quiet until about midnight so there wasn't too much tipping going on. I just find the pressure to tip a bit over the top. I am a pretty generous tipper but only to those guys that I find interesting. I probably tipped about half the dancers on the stage during my visit. My tip varied from between $5 to $20. A couple of the dancers that I did not tip were giving me the evil eye. I really don't like that. Sorry, I'm not tipping guys I have no interest in. Anyway, beyond the tipping pressure issue, a good time was had by all. No lapdances at SR's as I was with a date. Maybe next time.

Tonight is going to be a bust due to Hurricane Sandy:mad: The storm is not going to pass over Florida (its going over the Bahamas and then heading roughly northward). I am in my hotel room on the Beach and the wave action has been phenomenal all afternoon. Wind gusts are very strong.....expecting sustained winds of 35 knots tonight/tomorrow and gust up to 50knots. I doubt anyone will be going out tonight. I guess I'll watch baseball on TV.

I've been indoors all day, so I'm going to hit up SR's tonight. As you said it's been pretty windy and rainy up here in FLL also. Don't expect many to be out, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Interesting comment about the DJ being aggressive. I mentioned it to him a couple of weeks ago as an off the cuff remark with a chuckle and he smiled back and said "gotta take care of my boys". But your right he is over the top, except when he puts the woman down for not tipping.

I've been indoors all day, so I'm going to hit up SR's tonight. As you said it's been pretty windy and rainy up here in FLL also. Don't expect many to be out, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Interesting comment about the DJ being aggressive. I mentioned it to him a couple of weeks ago as an off the cuff remark with a chuckle and he smiled back and said "gotta take care of my boys". But your right he is over the top, except when he puts the woman down for not tipping.

My hat goes off to you trav1. I hope you have a good time there. You may have all the boys to yourself!! LOL.

Archived