South Florida December 11/12

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4306 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just wrapped up a quick two day visit to Florida. Warm weather with surprisingly high humidity (surprising for December). I went to Twist on Tuesday and Swinging Richards on Wednesday.

TWIST

Solid line-up of guys.....mostly muscular. No twinks dancing at all. No Black or Asian dancers either. Mostly Latinos, Italians and one American guy dancing. I would say there were about 12 guys dancing. The club was relatively busy with clients for a Tuesday.....so it is evident that the pick-up in visitors to Florida for the season has commenced. Peak months are January and February of course, but its already starting to get busy. My hotel on Miami Beach seemed quite active. I had seen most of the dancers before. There was one Italian guy that was new........they say he had come down from NYC that week and previously danced in clubs in the Northeast. He had a muscluar sculpted body with very little body fat. Rather slender but muscular.....if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I had a good time as always. Frank the bartender on Tuesday's is the best!

SWINGING RICHARDS

Also relatively busy for a Wednesday so the same comments about visitors to Florida starting to pick up apply here. Got there with a "date" at about 10:00pm. Club was already busy. The really big guy that used to work the front door (and then left) is back. YEAH!! I wish he would dance rather than do the front door thing as he has the hottest body in the place. Only one truly big muscular dancer. All the others ranged from moderate muscle to swimmers build to one real twink. Richard's probably has more variety in dancers than Twist. I mean in terms of ethinicity, race, physical size, & nationality (more Americans dancing than Twist has). However, they still need to get some bigger guys to fill-out the line-up. The guys dancing were from the US, Hungary, Venezuela, Argentina, Central America, Cuba, and maybe 1-2 dominican guys. I had a good time and did lots of tipping to the dancers on stage but I did not go to the VIP on this visit. There were 2-3 guys I would have done a VIP with if I had not already had a companion with me. In total there were about 20 guys dancing. By 11:00pm, they were put up on the stage three at a time.......which is lots of fun. Also, I noticed the DJ was being less aggressive in pushing people to tip the dancers. Maybe thats because a number of us were tipping frequently. I do feel he goes overboard sometimes but, thankfully, he seemed to find a good balance last night.

Some confusion on the bartender/waiter front. When we arrived, we sat at a table on the other side of the stage from the main bar. Waited and waited and waited to be served. I finally walked over to the bar (where three bartenders were working) and asked who was waiting on tables. They all stared at each other with confused looks on their faces and concluded: the waiter was missing.......but did not seem to have figured this out before. One of the bartenders stepped up and waited on us and was really nice so from that point forward we were looked after perfectly well. I did think it was odd that by 10:00pm (and the club was probably already 20% full when we arrived) no-one had sussed out the waiter was missing. A waiter did turn up later and was very nice.

All in all a good time at SR's. Only real critique is that they need to get a few bigger guys.

So, you went from ANC to SEA to HOU to FLL in the space of 2-3 days? Retirement and economics must be treating you well. :)

Even if the airlines are not. :)

Best regards,

KMEM

....and I'm now in EWR on the way to YUL. Mileage running before end of year to keep my 1K status on UA. I plan to cool it starting Jan 1. Retirement stops being fun if the money runs out! LOL.

....and I'm now in EWR on the way to YUL. Mileage running before end of year to keep my 1K status on UA. I plan to cool it starting Jan 1. Retirement stops being fun if the money runs out! LOL.

At least you "got it". :)

Best regards,

KMEM

The floor waiter starts at 10:00. Sometimes he runs a few minutes late. He is one of the nicest guys that works there.

Thanks for that info......although I could swear when I have been there at 9:00 pm sometimes, there has been a waiter. Anyway, you are correct, he was extremely friendly and very attentive when he turned up. I gave him a big fat tip.:)

Archived