The X Factor

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 4207 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I watched the finale last night even though I have not paid much attention to it all season. I thought it was awful. All the finalists sang off-key. Khloe was worthless as a host. Britney's face was like a deer in the headlights. It all seemed entirely too sappy and forced. I gather that of all the singing competition shows, it has the lowest ratings....and I'm not surprised. Did anyone else see last night's show?

I watched the finale last night even though I have not paid much attention to it all season. I thought it was awful. All the finalists sang off-key. Khloe was worthless as a host. Britney's face was like a deer in the headlights. It all seemed entirely too sappy and forced. I gather that of all the singing competition shows, it has the lowest ratings....and I'm not surprised. Did anyone else see last night's show?

I watched only 10 minutes of it (sped through my DVR) but not sure what you mean by "off key." From what I heard there were no pitch problems at all. Just not my type of singing. Of course, the older, chubby country singer won. I guess that's the demo of those shows. They should ban country singers. They'll win every time.

I only tuned in to see One Direction. Whoever that Kardashian chick is needs the hook. She's beyond awful. Mario Lopez is HOT HOT HOT. But he needs to be shirtless for me to watch him for any length of time.

I have to say, I did watch the show. I thought the finale was poorly produced. But that being said, the talent and overall season production far out weighted "The Voice". The only good thing about "The Voice" is seeing Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. I do like CeLo too. But the format, talent and Carson Daly... UGH! it sucks.

Tate Stevens, the country singer, has a great voice. And, while I hate country music, I thought throughout the season, he did a great job. Carly Sonnenclar, at 13 years old, has an amazing voice and such control. We will definitely be hearing more from her. The girl group, Fifth Harmony had their best performance on Wednesday night. Otherwise, they have sounded just like the put together group of solo singers that they were when they tried out for the show and were not selected. Simon Cowell put them together as a group because he need more groups. It was sad that the boy band group, Emblem 3 was eliminated the week prior. They were really quite good and I know we will hear more from them too. In fact, I think they will become nearly as famous as the other X Factor group, One Direction (from the UK show). All the little teenie boppers will love them and buy their records. But for me, American Idol still has the best format. My advice to X Factor... get rid of Mario and Chloe and bring back Steve Jones. At least he was great to look at each week. Although I know I am in the minority, I really don't see anything in Mario. Over exposed, too smiley and no real stage presence other than reading his teleprompter. At least Ryan Seacrest has stage presence and is great at ad libs.

As for the judges, how could you not love Demi Lovato? Before the show, I thought she was a no-talent off key jerk. But watching her on the show, I was really entertained. For a 20 year old, she held her own against Simon with lots of sharp, funny quips and snarks. Good for her. I looked forward to what she would say each week. What fun! I am glad LA Reid is leaving the show. He is a self centered old prick. More often than not, his critiques were more about if the group being review were Simon's group. If so, no matter how good they were, LA would say they weren't good enough. It was a competition between judges/mentors rather than about the contestants. They need to fix that.

For purely singing, I wish "the Sing" would come back on. It is a show with A Capella groups that make all the background music with their bodies and voices. It was great if you could get over the host, Nick Lachey and the panel. Look up last year's winners, Pentatonix on you tube for a real treat! Or go to their web site: http://www.ptx-official.com and enjoy.

For the most part, I agree with everything Leap Year says. I was not opposed to Khloe when her name was thrown around as a possible host. But after seeing her "in action", it is time to cut her loose. She was stiff, came across as fake and uncaring, and looked like a recliner in all of those skin tight leather dresses she wore. Mario, at least, came across much more naturally, and seemed comfortable in front of the camera.

Glad to see LA Reid's departure. I agree that there was too much "I hate Simon's groups" vs "I hate LA's people" instead of really critique-ing the contestants. How about bringing over Louis Walsh from the UK Xfactor? He filled in for Simon once during the auditions and was quite good. The only good thing about Brittany was all of the facial expressions she made. Other than that, her only critique was "I am very proud of you".. blah blah blah.. Demi was the big surprise for me. I didn't know much about her and was surprised at her as a judge, but she across as a great addition to the panel and as a strong personality to stand up to Simon.

Also agree that Emblem3 should have a successful career in music. They were fun, energetic and nice to look at..I imagine they will be one of the first "non-winners" to be signed to a major label.

I have ever watched the live shows and after Emblem 5 left ehhh my interest waned besides last evening was the Burn Notice 2 hr season finale. That said, I can after 2 seasons I still cant get into this show. Please get rid of Klohe, my god she has to be the worst host, Mario can handle this alone, what is Simon thinking.

So my question to all of you who have watched and I actually missed the first two weeks of live shows, maybe it is just me, but does Carley come off as the most insufferable bitchy looking 12-13 year old kid. I mean she is the fakest person I have ever seen. I realize she was alone in a hotel room while on the road while her mom had a stroke and that had to be absolutely terrifying but her parents remind of David Archuletta's dad who have had this kid on the road most of his life pushing a singing career and no chance to be just a kid. To me it just looks like those moms on that stupid Tiarra show where little girls are taken all around the country and treated like a doll. Maybe I am way off base, but I could not stand that girl even after she lost she looked actually angry and looked like she was going throw a hissy fit and why not with the queen of hissy fits as her mentor.

Tate Stevens sounds like every other overweight not-quite-middled aged white male country singer I've ever heard. No distinction in the voice at all. Carly was good but at that age performers -- unless they're Shirley Temple or Mickey Rooney -- just seem like performing parrots. I'll be curious to see what she's like at 18.

I never heard of Demi Lovato until this show. She was good. Britney needs to get back into rehab and get an "expression implant."

I really don't think we'll ever hear of Fifth Harmony again. That dog won't hunt. One Direction is real .... maybe they'll all hook up.

Steve Jones' problem was that he was nice to look at but colder than a witches' tit. He had no emotion, no expression. As I said, Mario is only worth watching when he's half naked and not saying much.

The group Emblem 3 had one kid that had a great set of biceps and a nice build. I don't usually go for men under 30 but if that kid is over 18, would do him in a second.

All 3 of them were kinda attractive although 1 of them was trying was to hard to do the ghetto thing which I always find a tad uncomfortable in a white kid. As a professor of sociology joked to me "don't start doing the ghetto thing until you've killed at least one person." LOL.

Archived