Hotel Governeur Montreal

jerryskater
This topic is 4276 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The rates for the Governeur seem to have gone crazy. I called a few minutes ago for a business room 7/4-7/8 and was quoted an AAA rate of 189.00 CAD dollars. Last year I booked a room in March for Gay Pride in August and the rate was 139.00 CAD.

Any idea what's going on. Should I wait till March or thereabouts to book?

I just checked Kayak.com for those dates, and it shows rates of $113/night at Orbitz and Cheaptickets. Those are probably standard rooms, not business rooms, but quite a bit cheaper.

When I'm booking this far in advance, I usually book a refundable room at the hotel's website, http://www.gouverneur.com/en/hotel/placedupuis as a "fall back" and then keep an eye out for a better rate as time goes by. These days it's really hard to get a good rate at any hotel without choosing a non-refundable option.

Diverdan, If you want to be in walking distance to Campus, Stock, Cabaret, and Taboo, then, the Hotel Governeur is the most convenient and nicest hotel. The business class rooms are nicer than the regular rooms. Ask for the 30th Floor.

Is this the best place to stay to be near the gayborhood? I am planning a trip to Montreal this summer and would like to stay somewhere that is very nice, but nearby the action.

It seems to be a favourite of those that want to stay close to the Villiage. I know one customer of Stock that travels to Montreal from NYC at least once a month and he always stays at the Gov. No doubt it has the distinct advantage of being within walking distance of all the Village has to offer.

I find the Gouverneur to be a bit worn and in need of an extensive refurb, but the location can't be beat... very convenient to the 747 Airport Bus, the Metro, and of course the Gay Village. I'd like a more luxurious room, but not badly enough to give up the convenience.

I find the Gouverneur to be a bit worn and in need of an extensive refurb, but the location can't be beat... very convenient to the 747 Airport Bus, the Metro, and of course the Gay Village. I'd like a more luxurious room, but not badly enough to give up the convenience.

I've been staying there for many years and I agree with corndog completely.

And thanks to tsgarp and corndog for respsones to my original post

I agree, I used to stay there all the time. It was the best location, fairly decent quality, the prices were reasonable and the staff was very accommodating. Lately it is just really tired and dated. If you are not that particular and just need a place to hang your hat and somewhere to bring the boys, then I would think that it would be fine, except maybe for the bed-bugs, as Mark Gordon pointed out.

Last trip I opted to stay downtown. Cabs and other transportation is a snap, so for me being a little further out was not a problem.

Archived