Film about Male Strippers

fedssocr1
This topic is 4176 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There's a film about Male Strippers (documentary made by Charlie David) called I'm A Stripper on Logo tonight, April 9 at 10PM EDT. I suppose it will repeat occasionally.

It includes Suntory from Stock in Montreal. But I think the other guys profiled strip for women.

It was a pretty good little documentary. Considering it was on Logo, it was a little disappointing that it spent so much time profiling strippers who dance for women, but anyone who has met Suntory in Montreal will appreciate a little insight into what makes him tick. He seems like a really nice guy, but genuinely straight.

I asked the same question to the director after watching the trailer (the hetero focus), and his response was that Logo isn't just for gays anymore and that they've changed their focus to something along the lines of "no labels". Still disappointing. The loud old guy was kind of annoying. But I think the picture it painted of these guys was not particularly surprising.

I like Suntory and spent a nice time with him one evening at Stock last summer. But I do wish he would lose the lip ring thing. Maybe that's to stop people from trying to kiss him? He's definitely got some issues.

Plus they featured no skinny, white, barely-legal, anorexic teenage twink boys? What's up with that!

And that pompous ass who claimed he gets $500 for his g-string and $1000 for his shirt or whatever?? Gimmie a break. I'd rather go out with fish. He thinks he's like the Lord Jesus risen from the dead. Such a turn off...

well, I would imagine that having all of those women screaming for you and throwing money at you would warp your sense of self somewhat. And I suppose guys who strip for men might also have some of those issues but I think that the more reserved atmosphere in gay strip clubs might not feed guys' egos quite so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived