New Orleans - The Corner Pocket Club Info

Guest PhoenixFL
This topic is 3137 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest PhoenixFL

THE CORNER POCKET BAR/STRIP CLUB- NEW ORLEANS:

If you are going to be in New Orleans this weekend for Gay Southern Decadence, and you like strip clubs, then I highly recommend The Corner Pocket Club in the French Quarter located on Burgundy Street about at the Toulouse St intersection (just past the Raw Hide and The 700 Club gay bar, also on Burgundy Street. They have 20-25 young guys take turns "dancing" (more walking around, etc) on top of the oval bar. This is very similar to what I remember from 2002 during the Christmas holidays at The Bourbon Street Pub bar in Key West. The "dancers" don't strip because they come out with just underwear on and shoes. When not on the bar (usually 3-5 on the bar at the same time), the go-go guys/strippers walk around the bar seeking attention and tips. There is no curtained or separate private lap dance area, but there is an area at the back of the bar with a pool table and dancers and patrons go back there. I've had some really hot lap dances back there, where I was oblivious to the rest of who was around me back in the back. Also while the guys are obtaining your attention while you are sitting at the bar or standing in the room, they will show all and you can touch all.

The Club Oz on Bourbon Street has a similar program of go-go guys stripped to their underwear and during Southern Decadence so does Good Friends Bar and other gay bars.

I was at Southern Decadence about 5 years ago and had a blast. But all the bars are really crowded. For Southern Decadence the dancers start at 3pm and finish between 3am and 5-6 am, depending if there are still enough patrons in the bar. The Corner Pocket opens Sunday at 3pm, right after the Southern Decadence parade is finished and will fill up quickly, especially the bar seats around the oval bar.

At The Corner Pocket there are a range of dancers, some there every week, there is an underwear contest several times during a normal weekend, in which newbies try out.

I have been to New Orleans three times in the last month and had a blast! Not only fun with the various gay bars, shopping, dining, but especially hanging out at The Corner Pocket. All the male strippers/go-go boys, will arrange "private dances" at your hotel or at the nearby bathhouse (located only a couple of blocks away from The Corner Pocket.

There are two stand-out dancers that are my favorites there:

(1) Talan- local cajun guy about 25, very handsome, masculine and sweet and he alone is worth making a trip to New Orleans to see perform. He does the most dancing of any of the other go-go boys on the bar and gives a great lap dance and is all so-friendly. He is also very easy talk, very intelligent on a range of subjects and has a lot of experience dancing in West Hollywood venues, a couple of years back when he lived there.

(2) Jonathon (spelled with an "o") is the other stand-out there for me. First of all what caught my attention is that he is a dead-ringer in his looks, body type, smile, dancing style on the bar and general features for the former male stripper and Gaiety Theatre star from 2001 to 2004, Ben Versace ("Mr. Gaiety 2003" winner on this forum's vote count). Anyone that knows me from this site, would appreciate, that this physical close similarity would catch my attention, big time. Jonathon is very friendly and usually wears G-strings instead of underwear, like the other dancers. Jonathon is 25 years old, gives a great lap dance and likes to passionately kiss with appreciative admirers, even in the bar.

Many other dancer body types there, but these have been my favorites on my recent trips to NOLA.

So if you are in NOLA for Southern Decadence, and you like going to strip clubs, try The Corner Pocket. You'll have a good time. Though, unfortunately in New Orleans, smoking in bars is allowed, so that can be irritating for the eyes and sinuses.

If anyone is planning to be in New Orleans at the end of September 2013 (Sept 27 to 30th), I will be there that weekend for my 60th birthday. I celebrated my 50th birthday in NYC by visiting the former Gaiety Theatre, and Stellas hustler bar and staying at the W Hotel at Times Square. Also Cooper, Lucky and several other long-time members of this forum were gracious, in helping me celebrate my birthday that weekend at Stellas and the Gaiety.

John Pela

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PhoenixFL

Anyone Go to New Orleans or Corner Pocket Club There?

I thought I might hear from other members of this forum who travel to New Orleans. I will be in Ft. Lauderdale in early November 2013, so I will check out the new Swinging Richards which opened in Pompano, as well as BoardWalk. I didn't like Johnny's too much when I was there a year ago.

JP

EXCERPT:

So if you are in NOLA for Southern Decadence, and you like going to strip clubs, try The Corner Pocket. You'll have a good time. Though, unfortunately in New Orleans, smoking in bars is allowed, so that can be irritating for the eyes and sinuses.

If anyone is planning to be in New Orleans at the end of September 2013 (Sept 27 to 30th), I will be there that weekend for my 60th birthday. I

John Pela

Though, unfortunately in New Orleans, smoking in bars is allowed, so that can be irritating for the eyes and sinuses.

John Pela

John Pela, it's not just the eyes and the sinuses, but the heart, bronchial tubes, lungs, skin, hair, clothes, teeth, etc. IMHO, smokers in clubs should be treated for what they are - social pariahs who fill the air we breathe with carcinogenic poisons containing dozens of deadly toxins. Non-smokers need to pressure the owners of these clubs to ban smoking in their establishments, regardless of whether or not local laws allow it.

I will be in Ft. Lauderdale in early November 2013, so I will check out the new Swinging Richards which opened in Pompano, as well as Boardwalk. I didn't like Johnny's too much when I was there a year ago.

Bozo will be haunting the clubs of south Florida in early November. Perhaps John Pela will be fortunate enough to be in attendance at Swinging Richards or Boardwalk on a night when Bozo is holding court.........

http://avatarfarm.com/avatarimages/simpsons/krustysmokingavatar.jpg

Bozo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PhoenixFL
John Pela, it's not just the eyes and the sinuses, but the heart, bronchial tubes, lungs, skin, hair, clothes, teeth, etc. IMHO, smokers in clubs should be treated for what they are - social pariahs who fill the air we breathe with carcinogenic poisons containing dozens of deadly toxins. Non-smokers need to pressure the owners of these clubs to ban smoking in their establishments, regardless of whether or not local laws allow it.

Bozo will be haunting the clubs of south Florida in early November. Perhaps John Pela will be fortunate enough to be in attendance at Swinging Richards or Boardwalk on a night when Bozo is holding court.........

Bozo,

Good to hear from you again. I will be in Ft. Lauderdale Nov 8th, 9th & 10th and will be going to Swinging Richards and Boardwalk Friday and Saturday nights. May be I'll see you there that weekend.

I can't agree with you more about the smoking problem in clubs in New Orleans and how nice it is in Montreal and NYC not to have that smoke in bars and clubs.

John Pela

• 1 month later...
Guest PhoenixFL

Well Bozo I was at Swinging Richards and Board Walk this past Friday night, November 8th. Not sure if you were in attendance then at either venue... I like the range and quality of dancers better at Swinging Richards, but I like the closer room location of Boardwalk better. Swinging Richards is a nice club but too, spread out. Boardwalk would be better if it was little larger and not so crowded. The dancers at Boardwalk were a real disappointment, though.

I will be in New Orleans Saturday and Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend and will definitely be at the Corner Pocket Saturday, Nov 30th with my favorite New Orleans' male stripper. I still don't like the smoke but like New Orleans and hopefully Corner Pocket will have a few new dancers.

I was at the Corner Pocket just before Halloween. Fun place. I don't think either of the guys you metioned were there but I'm bad with names. One place I would absolutely avoid is the Rainbow Room on Bourbon Street. Sketchy. Went for a private and the dancer immediately tells me how he spent the last 24 hours doing Crystal meth so he can't get it up. I just hightailed it out of there.

Guest PhoenixFL

Corner Pocket can fun and the range of dancers can vary. One of the dancers told me that in September the out-actor Leslie Jordan visited the Corner Pocket and enjoyed the show. He took a picture with one of the dancers I mentioned: Talan Sparks, he said to use for his blog or twitter account. I know Talan was not there the weekend you were mentioned that you were there. The other dancer I mentioned/reviewed, Jonathon, often goes to work late at The Corner Pocket.

Also, I will be in New Orleans Saturday and Sunday night of Thanksgiving weekend and plan to be at The Corner Pocket that Saturday night.

• 9 months later...
They continue unabated! Same bar, same format, same friendly bartenders, and a good rotation of guys on the bar. I was there a month ago, and went three times. What I hadn't noticed before, is that the guys are able to do lap dances back in the corner by the pool table.

Sounds fun. Thank you for the report!

Thanks for the accurate review of the corner pocket. I've met some great guys also at the CP. It is New Orleans sleaze at its finest. Be pretty careful about whom you invite back to the hotel. The dancers are sometimes not well known to management but They do ban known troublemakers when they learn of anything so you have a little "screening" if you take home a dancer. Be really wary of hooking with guys who hang out there not hired by the club. I used bad judgment once and was lucky to avoid serious issues from what turned out to be a substance addict with bad intentions.

Thanks for the accurate review of the corner pocket. I've met some great guys also at the CP. It is New Orleans sleaze at its finest. Be pretty careful about whom you invite back to the hotel. The dancers are sometimes not well known to management but They do ban known troublemakers when they learn of anything so you have a little "screening" if you take home a dancer. Be really wary of hooking with guys who hang out there not hired by the club. I used bad judgment once and was lucky to avoid serious issues from what turned out to be a substance addict with bad intentions.

Great advice - thank you.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skyler is hot (and he thinks so too -so beware of his attitude). There is a lot of turn over so it just depends on who is there - but there are at least a few guys willing to go back to your room with you - and the other boys there generally will give you decent advise on who will - have fun!

• 5 weeks later...

After a few PM's ... The Corner Pocket: great place to hang out! You'll get from trashy to classy and all between. Just a rule of thumb, go early and sit quiet and observe. Stay of hours if ya like and be cautious... many good guys there and some guys that are problematic. Go there sober and leaved buzzed (take a cab if so departing buzzed or walk to hotel)... I've had some damn good times there through the years and have had a few bumps and close encounter moments as in hustled and careful who ya take back with you, learn the environment of guys around.. its a safe place and just be smart... Keep your head and have a good time and a sure thing to take home the right guy . Happy Hunting and a the rare bad ones shouldn't spoil great times with great guys in a great place.

• 8 months later...

Archived