Dude closes...

bigvalboy
This topic is 3916 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The once famous and infamous Dudes in Fort Lauderdale closed the other night at 11 pm to little fan fare. It was inevitable I suppose. She had been declining for years and the young management duo were simply unable to turn things around. Alex, one of the bartenders, had managed to build up a couple of the nights, but in the end, customers headed West to Wilton Manors and to greener pastures. I'm not all together sure if the new sports bar "Bo Kamper's was the last nail on the coffin, but for a straight bar it is a lot of fun, and on one crazy Sunday afternoon I ran into a young hot duo on the prowl. Who woulda guessed.

For now the word is that Dudes was sold. What the new owners do with it will remain to be seen.

I was evil and emailed my friend a link to this thread saying "Closed in Ft Lauderdale." :)

Of course once he realized it was Dudes he couldn't have cared less lol.

It was probably a good chill out spot for the locals, but as a strip club, that place was a disaster. Went three times and never stayed more than 5 minutes.

BTW, I saw last trip they finally found a buyer for "Oz/Cosmos" on Oakland. When I drove by in December I was expecting to see the "Happy Holidays" sign (from 2 Christmases ago).

I was evil and emailed my friend a link to this thread saying "Closed in Ft Lauderdale." :)

Of course once he realized it was Dudes he couldn't have cared less lol.

It was probably a good chill out spot for the locals, but as a strip club, that place was a disaster. Went three times and never stayed more than 5 minutes.

BTW, I saw last trip they finally found a buyer for "Oz/Cosmos" on Oakland. When I drove by in December I was expecting to see the "Happy Holidays" sign (from 2 Christmases ago).

Absolutely a disaster. It was within walking distance, so I just kept hoping that one day....of course that day never came, despite the best efforts from Alex, the cutest bartender in all of South Florida.

Now Oz/Cosmos? Had to look that one up. Was/is it going to be a gay club?

Absolutely a disaster. It was within walking distance, so I just kept hoping that one day....of course that day never came, despite the best efforts from Alex, the cutest bartender in all of South Florida.

Now Oz/Cosmos? Had to look that one up. Was/is it going to be a gay club?

It was around about 3 years ago I think? Pretty short lived. I only went twice. The dancers were more Johnny's looking than Boardwalk. There were a couple stunners. But overall I loved the place... it had big private booths with curtains and the main area itself was huge with a high ceiling so you didn't choke on smoke. I only remember the owner was really odd... carrying animals with him into the club. It was a fun time the two times I went, but it wasn't around long. It was on Oakland about halfway to the water if you were turning on to Oakland from Andrews I think.

It was around about 3 years ago I think? Pretty short lived. I only went twice. The dancers were more Johnny's looking than Boardwalk. There were a couple stunners. But overall I loved the place... it had big private booths with curtains and the main area itself was huge with a high ceiling so you didn't choke on smoke. I only remember the owner was really odd... carrying animals with him into the club. It was a fun time the two times I went, but it wasn't around long. It was on Oakland about halfway to the water if you were turning on to Oakland from Andrews I think.

Thanks buddy....

Archived