Queer Eye for theStr8 GUY

Chuck50
This topic is 7521 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know there are thoughts on both sides of the aisle on this one but I truly do love the show. I know most of it is hype and all but I sure do learn alot of things. It is nice too to see some of the guys who help out get credit by the Str8 World. HUGS Chuck:9 :D :D :9 :9 :9

Guest Bitchboy

Well, I certainly didn't see it as one world when I was helping out the first day of the new gay high school in New York. If I had ever believed things were working out between the "two worlds" my mind changed the day I was confronted by ignorant pickets who felt very comfortable speaking the word "fags."

>Well, I certainly didn't see it as one world when I was

>helping out the first day of the new gay high school in New

>York. If I had ever believed things were working out between

>the "two worlds" my mind changed the day I was confronted by

>ignorant pickets who felt very comfortable speaking the word

>"fags."

Yeah - forget all those trends showing increased legal recognition of gay unions; and forget all those changes in public opinion polls showing increased acceptance of gay pepole; and forget all those court decisions, including a landmark recent one by the U.S. Supreme Court, further codifying gay equality as part of our legal landscape:

Just forget about all of that. It means nothing. After all, a few people showed up to picket at the new gay school and used the word "fag" - which means gay people are as hated and ostracized as ever, and have accomplished nothing over the past 20 years with regard to equality.

Brilliant. Good thing you're not too self-indulgent or anything. Please tell me what great benefits you get from feeling victimized that you'll do anything to cling to that lowly status?

Guest Bitchboy

Yes, I see you are as stupid as you often sound. Well, good for you, sit on your tight little ass and reap the benefits, like the self-indulgent hedonists you so admire, and see who's there to pick up your sorry bones when the time comes. You pompous asses who care for nothing other than your own comfort are truly to be admired.

>Well, I certainly didn't see it as one world when I was

>helping out the first day of the new gay high school in New

>York. If I had ever believed things were working out between

>the "two worlds" my mind changed the day I was confronted by

>ignorant pickets who felt very comfortable speaking the word

>"fags."

Same at Southern Decadence.

No matter how tolerant the world becomes, there will always be a minority unhappy about something. Just my opinion, but I think the louder and shriller the minority, the more threatened they feel.

I really think, in 20 years, we're going to look back on the summer of '03 as a key turning point in our on-going battle for equal rights and equal protection under the law. We've come so, so far. There will always be setbacks. Obviously, progress remains to be made.

But, seeing the Fab Five on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno sure brightened up my day. The Tonight Show represents an interesting cultural barometer of queer acceptance over the years. Having been watching "Tonight" and with more hosts, than I really care to divulge, the transition from absence to present but mocked and made fun of to respected guest is a transition worthy of note.

Hang in there. As long as we all keep our eyes on the eventual prize, I'm convinced we'll win if we keep up the fight.

--EBG

P. S. As a native of rural Kansas, I thought the world ended in the late 70s, when the City of Wichita voted down a gay rights ordinance. Anita Bryant herself came to Wichita to campaign against the law, and said all sorts of things you just would not be able to get away with today. The ordinance was voted out by the slimmest of margins, which, in retrospect, was the good news.

I agree. I've been watchong the Tonight Show since Jack Paar, when virtually no one was openly gay. We have come a long way.

We part company there. I believe that Boy Meets Boys had it right:

there are all varieties of gay and straight men. The Fab Five come off as stereotypical gay men, who may or may not be tolerated in a

small Kansas town. Beyond that, the format of Queeer Eye is too rigid.

Clueless straight guys gets done over by queers who know all about fashion and every thing comes out okay in the end.

By the way, I completely agree with the posting about the protesters

at the gay high school in NY. In the long term, gays will be accepted, even organized religion can not stop it. But, we still have a very long way to go.

Guest Love Bubble Butt

The BIGGEST problem I have with with this show is it is yet another example of a show relying on the extreme stereotypes of gay men to make it entertaining for primarily straight audiences. Queer as Folk is another example. I like the fact that the Boy Meets Boy show didn't rely on this tactic.

And as far as the Fab Five. I actually find most of the guys very likable. I like the culture guy, the cook, and the grooming guy the best. However, I CANNOT STAND that Carson guy, the so called fashion expert. He is so obnoxious and disgusting, he makes me (a gay man) want to puke! And what the fuck makes him an expert in his field? Just because he worked for Ralph Lauren? A lot of people work for Ralph Lauren. I knew the guy was a loser and a joke when I saw him interviewed on CNN wearing a nice suit, dress shirt, tie, ... and flip flops. And on the show, he dresses for shit. He is just way too out there.

"Give me your dirty love"

"Just like your mamma make that nasty poodle do"

"I stroked and stroked til my wrist went numb"

"Still couldn't get no dynamo hummm"

"I'm the slime oozing out of your tv set"

But that just might be the crux of the apostophe, eh Stinkfoot?

:)

"I'll ignore your cheap aroma, and your little bo-peep diploma"

"I'm gonna put you in a comma with some dirty love"

"I got a spot that gets me hot, but you ain't been to it"

"Just get me wasted, an' you're half way there"

"Can't stop the slime, people, lookit me go"

No, Fido, The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Archived