Pink Pistols

foxy
This topic is 7504 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In this morning's New Jersey Record http://www.northjersey.com on the first page is an article about a gay gun group that meets at a shooting range in Southhampton, Pa. Their motto is "Armed gays don't get bashed". I had my fill of guns when I was in the Army but when I was mugged once at gun point in NY City, I did have some revenge fantasies about getting a gun. I'm glad to say I got over this crazy idea in a few days. I've never been the victim of a gay bashing but if I ever was, I'm sure the thought of owning a gun and joining the Pink Pistols would be something I'd consider.

Thanks for posting this! I'm glad to read it - gay bashing stories would be a lot more pleasant to read if the gay person who was attacked was armed. That gentleman in Los Angeles, for instance, wouldn't be the one to suffer from life-long disabilities if he had been armed. The people who deserve it - his bashers - would be.

An armed society is a polite society. It'd be great if people didn't ever walk around with weapons and never tried to harm anyone, but we don't live in that ideal society. It's always good to see some gay people who don't think they have to embrace every pacifist, pussy, "we-need-more-gun-control" viewpoint just becasue they are gay!

If there was any doubt about Doogie being a nutcase here is the proof that it is totally insane!A foaming at the mouth rabid skunk that should be put down before it harms any other animals or people.

Handguns have no place in a civil society.And the high rate of crime in countries that allow civillian to own(or god forbid conceal upon their person)is all the statistic I need-as it is IREFUTABLE(so don't even try schmuck)Evidence.

Foxy?Your post in the other forums are so entertaining-Why do you post such controversial post in this forum?You lob in a grenade like this and then dissapear.Do you enjoy stirring it up/setting off a circle jerk between the more contentious members of this community?

Pistols are your Pals

It's more sporting to shoot jack rabbits with with a .22 pistol than with a rifle; although a Colt .45 sure does blow the shit out of them. Random ears hanging from sage brush are something Russell should've considered painting. Extremely civilized.

A favorite way to sight in a hand gun is to have a really, really fat guy lay on his back. Then place a cantalope in the crater created where his belly button should be. Pace off approximately 50 yards and fire away. Very relaxing. Of course you'd use a tangerine if you were fairly proficient.

Later.

PS. DickHo and blu, Ruben is very big fun. Highly recommended. Dmitry's not bad either. I'd avoid Cesar or Dominic, the latter one being the truly ugly Joe re-incarnated.

RE: Pistols are your Pals

>A favorite way to sight in a hand gun is to have a really,

>really fat guy lay on his back. Then place a cantalope in the

>crater created where his belly button should be. Pace off

>approximately 50 yards and fire away. Very relaxing. Of

>course you'd use a tangerine if you were fairly proficient.

You're right - this is definitely fun, but personally, I prefer to have the target inserted into, and sticking out of, the hole on the other side. What you do is balance the fag guy delicately on his stomach, poke 2 sticks into their sides (1 on each side) to make sure they don't sway on their roundness, then shove the cantalope in their hole so that the top part sticks out, and fire away.

I haven't progressed yet to the tangerine. I tried it once and I shot the ass cheek, and my bullet disappeared in the rolls and nobody could find it. So that was wasteful. I'm going to keep at it, though.

Can you believe that there are people who think it's a bad thing to have gay people be able to ward off bashers by pulling out a gun in self-defense? They actually think it's better to have the gay person's skull bashsed in with a baseball bat. Even more amazing, they think that preference somehow makes them more moral and "civilized."

The best solution is for such people to walk around without a gun and get bashed. I'll keep mine and make sure I don't. That sounds fair - and efficient - to me.

Interesting that this article is in a North Jersey newspaper/website, as what is being suggested is close to impossible in New Jersey.

I happen to be a gun owner, both handguns, rifles, and shotguns. New Jersey gun laws make it nearly impossible for anyone other than law enforcement or business owners to carry concealed weapons, period. My gun permits only allow me to transport a handgun to a shooting range and home, no where else. That's fine with me. I don't hunt anymore, and I only use them for target shooting. As for physical personal protection, I'm more than capable of defending myself in ways other than using a firearm.

> As for physical personal

>protection, I'm more than capable of defending myself in ways

>other than using a firearm.

Even if you're alone at 3 a.m. and ambushed by 4 drunken anti-gay warriors armed with baseball bats?

Fearmongering=a prized tool used by dimwited neocon tools to try(unsuccesfully)to justify uncivilised behavior.

OOOOOO someone MIGHT attack me so I should endanger my family and society at large by carrying a gun!

Even though stats show time and again that pulling that gun increases the danger to your life,your families life,and that of innocent bystanders

Go peddle your pistol packin'pansy gunnut target practice wet dreams elswhere you nutcase.Fox.com, or Rushlimbaugh.yuch

Doug;

If someone comes up from behind you and bashed you with a baseball bat, how does your gun help you.

The bashing is horrible, but a gun doesn't prevent it.

But if carrying a gun gives you hard-on, and makes you think that you are safer, enjoy.

>If someone comes up from behind you and bashed you with a

>baseball bat, how does your gun help you.

Yeah - in the scenario you described, a gun doesn't help. If scaffolding collapses on me as I walk under it, a gun won't help either. Nobody said a gun protects you in all situations, so what point do you think you made?

In SOME situations, however - such as bashers coming up to the FRONT of you with bats - pulling out a gun will be quite helpful. That's precisely what the gay people in that article described - that bashers who clearly meant harm were deterred and ran away when they saw a gun.

Do you with that the guy who told the story didn't have that gun and got bashed instead? If it was you, and bashers ran up to you with baseball bats, would you prefer to have a gun to wield or would you prefer to have your skull bashed in?

>The bashing is horrible, but a gun doesn't prevent it.

You obviously didn't read the article that was cited by the original poster, the entire point of which is that the gun DID prevent the bashing. Go read it. Then you will change your mind.

>Handguns have no place in a civil society.

I totally agree. Do we live in a civil society? I don't think so. Would having a handgun make it one? No. When I said I'd consider getting a handgun and joining the Pink Pistols if I were the victim of a gay bashing, would I really? No.

However, when you've had a gun aimed between your eyes as I did, it makes you pretty angry. So I lost about $1,000 worth of cash and jewelry. Certainly not worth dying over. Friends and family told me I was lucky not to have been killed and of course they were right. I wasn't harmed but I'm sure if I resisted I'd be dead. If I'd had a gun probably two people would have been dead. Oddly enough, the person I was most angry with for the next few days was myself. It wasn't the stuff I lost, it was my dignity that suffered. I "allowed" myself to become a victim. A part of me wished I had fought back. Stupid? Of course it's stupid. Obviously I did the right thing by not resisting.

When I read this article this morning I suppose it triggered (maybe not a good word choice) some residual anger in me. What can I say, it was a traumatic experience. Honestly, I'm not scarred for life and I really hadn't thought about it till this morning.

>Foxy?Your post in the other forums are so entertaining-Why do

>you post such controversial post in this forum?You lob in a

>grenade like this and then dissapear.

I agree, it was too controversial and I think it should be deleted. I'll try to go back to being entertaining.

>This description sounds like a video game. It's the Paranoid

>Pink Pistol Packing Pansies vs the Belligerent Black & Blue

>Baseball Bat Bashers. :)

Yeah - and it's so bizarre how one side is so eager to disarm itself even while the other side doesn't.

>...I've never been the victim of a gay bashing but if I ever was, I'm sure the thought of owning a gun and joining the Pink Pistols would be something I'd consider.

Many years ago a group of us were threatened by a truck load of hormone-ridden high school kids with baseball bats. One of the more mature gays grabbed a tire iron from his car and invited them to "make his day." Luckily, they left but I vowed NEVER to be in a position where I couldn't adquately defend myself.

I'm a member of Utah Pink Pistols and don't regret joining the group. They regularly sponsor classes for concealed carry permits and have monthly get-togethers at a local gun range.

But, IMHO, Pink Pistols varies from group-to-group and state-to-state. I consider a few members to be a little extreme, off-the-wall, and border-line paranoids. Others are just regular people and some don't even own guns but enjoy the friendship and get-togethers. Several members of our local group (almost 200 members) aren't even gay. We also have members from the transgender community and those in various stages of sexual reassignment. I'm also aware of one member in our local group who is a former FBI agent.

In short, I've found it to be an interesting group. I enjoy some activities and chose not to participate in others. Even if you decide NOT to own and/or carry a gun, they can offer great suggestions on non-weapon ways to defend yourself and how to avoid being attacked.

I'm usually a non-confrontational guy and prefer to avoid potentionally dangerous situations. But, it doesn't hurt to make sure you've considered all options. I just returned from a short vacation. I can assure you that my gun traveled with me in the car (when legally permitted) and it provided a great sense of comfort when catching a few winks at remote rest areas.

Your post brings back memories. The first time I ever encountered a potential gay bashing was way back in the mid-70's standing on the sidewalk outside the old Hideaway bar in DC at 9th and Pennsylvania at closing time. A jeepful of Marines from the 8th & I base was stopped at the light, and I just casually glanced at one, who immediately jumped out of the jeep "metal pipe in hand" and charged at me calling me faggot and screaming about how he was going to bash my brains out. I was so stoned, and being me, started yelling come on motherfucker! All his buddies pulled him back in the jeep and sped away as we faggots on the sidewalk outnumbered them around 10 to 1.

This whole gun thing is a very personal and volitile political issue. My own personal opinion is that I hate guns as they only exist to kill other people (I'm not referring to rifles and shotguns that are used for either target or skeet shooting or hunting). All assault type guns and ammo should be permanently banned from individual purchase and all hand guns should be registered and much more difficult to obtain than the current laws allow, and that law should be a national law and not left up to the individual states.

I would never own, much less carry a gun and will not allow one in my home. And I have been a victim of crime more than once, as I have been shot, stabbed and beaten and assaulted. The total anger and desire to strike back in revenge at the time, is supremely overwhelming and blinding as you just want to totally destroy the perpetrator, but after a while that passes, and you are really grateful that you weren't "packing" and took action, as that imo, would be the ultimate destruction of yourself. :(

BTW: If you are onefinger, and it takes one finger to pull the trigger, how in the hell do you grip the gun? :)

>...that law should be a national law and not left up to the individual states.

I get very frustrated with the state-by-state gun laws and would personally support national gun standards. I'm also in favor of a national concealed carry permit.

>...The total anger and desire to strike back in revenge at the time, is supremely overwhelming and blinding as you just want to totally destroy the perpetrator, but after a while that passes, and you are really grateful that you weren't "packing" and took action, as that imo, would be the ultimate destruction of yourself. :(

I sincerely hope that I'm never in a situation where I have to use a gun against another human being. I know law enforcement officers and military personnel that have been involved in shootings. It has really affected them. Drawing a gun, much less using one in self-defense, should be the very LAST choice and certainly not the first option. But, when camping and hiking, I'm always packing and would have no problem using a weapon against an attacking animal such as a snake, cougar, bear, etc.

>BTW: If you are onefinger, and it takes one finger to pull the trigger, how in the hell do you grip the gun? :)

I use my dominate hand to hold the pistol and pull the trigger. The second hand is used to help steady and support my firing hand. BTW, the "OneFinger" name usually refers to my most prominent middle digit which I freely display to rude people. (It's not current being pointed in your direction. :+ )

>I would never own, much less carry a gun and will not allow

>one in my home. And I have been a victim of crime more than

>once, as I have been shot, stabbed and beaten and assaulted.

>The total anger and desire to strike back in revenge at the

>time, is supremely overwhelming and blinding as you just want

>to totally destroy the perpetrator, but after a while that

>passes, and you are really grateful that you weren't "packing"

>and took action, as that imo, would be the ultimate

>destruction of yourself. :(

We do have common ground Vahawk :+

While I do own a 9mm and 9 gauge DB shotgun and a couple of 22's, I haven't used any of them in years. I live in a rather remote area and simply feel more comfortable having a weapon available at home or when I go camping in remote areas -- especially since there were a few times I felt it ALMOST necessary to pull out.

I also used to have a carry permit when I was a felony prosecutor in So Cal and had received death threats from a few bad guys and their gang members--but for the most part it was all talk, but I kept the permit long after I left the office, although never pulled the weapon nor carried after I left.

Now to the common ground :)

I'd gladly give up all firearms if there were good gun control legislation. Statistically, more people are shot and killed or seriously injured when they are packing and perceive the need to pull the gun than those not packing and therefore just do what they are told in a robbery or mugging.

On the other hand, if I were worried about gay bashing and being the victim of physical assault, then I'd probably renew my permit and start carrying until such legislation was in place.

One of the problems with carry permits is that people with low self esteem and small egos consider it a power trip and are more likely to pull out even when it is only an insult rather than imminent danger. The result in the posted article is many times out numbered, however, by reports where the good guy who pulls the gun is still the victim, but either dead or more severely injured than if he hadn't had the gun.

So while I don't have the same qualms about shooting someone to protect me or mine, your feelings are by far the more civilized and ultimately, maybe the more enlightened.

Guest sniper

>If there was any doubt about Doogie being a nutcase here is

>the proof that it is totally insane!A foaming at the mouth

>rabid skunk that should be put down before it harms any other

>animals or people.

>Handguns have no place in a civil society.And the high rate of

>crime in countries that allow civillian to own(or god forbid

>conceal upon their person)is all the statistic I need-as it is

>IREFUTABLE(so don't even try schmuck)Evidence.

>Foxy?Your post in the other forums are so entertaining-Why do

>you post such controversial post in this forum?You lob in a

>grenade like this and then dissapear.Do you enjoy stirring it

>up/setting off a circle jerk between the more contentious

>members of this community?

Not to fan the flames, but we have higher levels of GUN violence, but if you look at crime stats for Europe and Great Britain, many countries there have comparable if not HIGHER levels of physical assault, robbery and rape. A lot of our gun violence is from people who would have been stabbing people instead. And since the criminals already have guns, it's not at at all clear that the civilians being allowed to arm themselves(which they are efeectively not in many states) would lead to an increase in violent crime.

Archived