Johnny's (FTL) up for sale?

This topic is 3708 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A friend just got back from Ft. Lauderdale, and of course he went to Johnny's. He said that as he drove into the parking lot, there was a large "For Sale" sign to the right of the entrance. He inquired about it from a few dancers, but no one seemed to know anything.

Does anyone down there know what the scoop is?

A friend just got back from Ft. Lauderdale, and of course he went to Johnny's. He said that as he drove into the parking lot, there was a large "For Sale" sign to the right of the entrance. He inquired about it from a few dancers, but no one seemed to know anything.

Does anyone down there know what the scoop is?

Yes the owner is selling, but wants to relocate to Wilton Manors. Business has been dropping lately, and he feels in part because, being out on Broward Blvd, he is too far removed from were all the action is.

Interesting... thanks for the post. I'm assuming this means they are still open? I'm heading to South Florida this weekend and hope to pass by Johnny's. The last few times I've been, I've definitely noticed a drop in customers and in the quality of the dancers. Lets hope that changes with the move.

Interesting... thanks for the post. I'm assuming this means they are still open? I'm heading to South Florida this weekend and hope to pass by Johnny's. The last few times I've been, I've definitely noticed a drop in customers and in the quality of the dancers. Lets hope that changes with the move.

Yes mikefl they are open, however the side of the club that the pool table is on, is open mon-wed, the main section is closed, though you still can access the lap dance rooms. If you are going on the weekend, the club should be operating as normal. I do know some of the dancers have left to work at the Boardwalk.

I really think the domino effect began when they finally got the curtains at Boardwalk.

Wish Campus & Taboo would take notes. :)

Agreed...the whole energy of the place seemed to transition. They really stepped up their game, and can't remember the last time you were there, but they do have 5 lap dance rooms now.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped in a couple nights and with it being off season, Johnny's seemed to be doing ok. Quiet, but not dead. I just wish the management would spend more time on hiring and coaching their talent than scouting new locations. The clients at Johnnys aren't necessarily in the club-hopping Wilton Manors demographic anyway. The bald guy who runs the place just seems lazy and goes through the motions. If another twink bar run by someone with motivation opened, Johnny's would be in trouble. Boardwalk's improvements have already taken their toll on Johnny's. Even though most of the Boardwalk guys aren't my type, it's still a much better overall experience. It's amateur hour over at Johnny's. Get rid of the bald guy and hire someone with energy and drive to clean the place up, hire better dancers and coach them on how to perform and interact with customers.

I dropped in a couple nights and with it being off season, Johnny's seemed to be doing ok. Quiet, but not dead. I just wish the management would spend more time on hiring and coaching their talent than scouting new locations. The clients at Johnnys aren't necessarily in the club-hopping Wilton Manors demographic anyway. The bald guy who runs the place just seems lazy and goes through the motions. If another twink bar run by someone with motivation opened, Johnny's would be in trouble. Boardwalk's improvements have already taken their toll on Johnny's. Even though most of the Boardwalk guys aren't my type, it's still a much better overall experience. It's amateur hour over at Johnny's. Get rid of the bald guy and hire someone with energy and drive to clean the place up, hire better dancers and coach them on how to perform and interact with customers.

Jake, if you're talking about the forty-something bald guy, that always wears black, well that is the owner....lol....So agreed, anyone who walks around all night with zero interest in maintaining his own club, despite the fact that it is for sale, is doomed no matter where he does business. ;)

I was at Johnny's a few weeks ago (July 25th weekend), and I went both that Friday and Sunday. I asked the short guy from eastern Europe, who I believe is the dancer manager, about whether they are closing, and he said they are moving locations but said he didn't know anything else as to when and where. The dancers weren't much an improvement in my opinion. The same twinks prancing around.. I think I left after finishing one drink. I know its off season but I found to be pretty empty both nights.

Totally agree with Jake, the dancers really need some training on customer interaction! Whenever I try to tip the dancers or try to make small talk, the vast majority act as if I'm bothering them. Its almost as if they are more interested in dancing than making money. Even the 2 more muscular guys (its all relative at Johnny's) were a bit stand-off-ish.

Hope things really improve with the new location!

Archived