appreciate life

taylorky
This topic is 7439 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

just a thought...........i was just thinking how great life is and how much i enjoy it.

i don't often show my appreciation for this life i have,and was wondering how many of you are truly appreciative for the good fortune you were blessed with.

i hope most of you are as happy as i am,and are able to express it to those you love.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Somebody got some good ecstacy. :+

That's very cynical of you, Donnie. I don't think that taylor's profound and moving expression of love and appreciation was drug-related at all.

I think that he just probably watched a really good episode of Sesame Street, and came here to share with us what he learned. Taylor loves Sesame Street very much and I've noticed that his posts which follow the end of an episode which features lots of Big Bird in it are softer and more caring than his typical posts.

And I also think that it's frankly disgraceful of you to try to demean Taylor's beautiful, uplifting sentiment with your bitter venom and snide speculation. Taylor's PBS-inspired post brought some much-needed sunshine and brightness -- a little :) , if you will -- to an often dreary and sad venue.

And for that, I think Taylor should be praised and rewarded - it's the softer, nicer side of Taylor and it's a truly beautiful side.

>>Somebody got some good ecstacy. :+

>

>That's very cynical of you, Donnie. I don't think that

>taylor's profound and moving expression of love and

>appreciation was drug-related at all.

Actually, Doug, I prefer Donnie's cynicism to the smug arrogance and condescenscion you display here at every opportunity. Of course, I guess we should be accustomed to that now, you being the guy who gets his rocks off by making fun of Down's Syndrome children.

>

>I think that he just probably watched a really good episode of

>Sesame Street, and came here to share with us what he learned.

> Taylor loves Sesame Street very much and I've noticed that

>his posts which follow the end of an episode which features

>lots of Big Bird in it are softer and more caring than his

>typical posts.

>

>And I also think that it's frankly disgraceful of you to try

>to demean Taylor's beautiful, uplifting sentiment with your

>bitter venom and snide speculation. Taylor's PBS-inspired

>post brought some much-needed sunshine and brightness -- a

>little :) , if you will -- to an often dreary and sad venue.

>

>And for that, I think Taylor should be praised and rewarded -

>it's the softer, nicer side of Taylor and it's a truly

>beautiful side.

A textbook example of "damned by faint praise". Doug, you really are a hopeless turd. At least no one will every accuse you of sincerity.

>Actually, Doug, I prefer Donnie's cynicism . . .

The fact that you can defend Donnie's vicious attack on Taylor -- and try to justify Donnie's scurrilous insinuation that Taylor's profoundly public expression of love was motivated by illicit drugs -- speaks volumes about your character, or lack thereof, "Bucky." What Donnie did to Taylor, in his time of vulnerability and need, was utterly heinous. How any civilized person could defend that - as you, to your eternal shame, have done - is truly astounding.

>Of course, I guess we should be accustomed to

>that now, you being the guy who gets his rocks off by making

>fun of Down's Syndrome children.

But, "Bucky", that's exactly the point - don't you see? That was the OLD me. Taylor's post has reminded me of the joys of life, the beauty that lies within us all, the light that shines through even the dankest soul. And I have shed my ways, as I am certain that many have, as a result of the Revelations of Taylor's Joyous Celebration of Life that he posted today.

The fact that it failed to sink in with you - that you can actually defend Donnie's snideness and cynicism - puts you, alone, in a class with Donnie - ones who are so rancid and decayed that you are beyond the reach even of a force as potent and as Good as Taylor's post.

>A textbook example of "damned by faint praise". Doug, you

>really are a hopeless turd. At least no one will every accuse

>you of sincerity.

So you not only defend Donnie's slander of Taylor, but then also have the temerity to insinuate that my gratitude to Taylor for awakening me with his message of love was something less than sincere. I come here and open myself up to the love and appreciation which Taylor has extended to me and to all of us - and in return, I am targeted with accusations from old, hardened haters that I lack sincerity.

In the Spirit of Taylor, and in all that he stands for and has taught us on this day, I will simply extend my hand of love and friendship to you, "Bucky," and hope that one day, you, too, will come to see the great wisdom and life-changing force that lies within Taylor's post.

Especially so when someone else is paying the bills and providing the food and room.

It is always nice to appreciate someone but it is sometimes difficult to find the time when you have to dredge up the coins to pay for the livelihood. We do need to find the time to do this though.

hey bucky,we really have to excuse people like doug and his little elf,i can understand why they believe they can only feel good about themselves if they rag on some one else.

doug's goal is to save enough money to get the wheels removed from his used double wide,betcha that will put a toothless grin on his face.

and the little elf.........well unless he's found some stranger willing to pay to shove a dick into him ......he's probably hungry,and hell that can make anybody irritable.

and donnie nope no x.........uhhhhhhhh you got any???

coop thanks guy, always the gentleman.

so seeing doug and the elf are so obsessed with reading every word i post (christ they must lead boring lifes)i can now expect to be entertained by whatever little pearls they may offer in response!!!!

>Especially so when someone else is paying the bills and

>providing the food and room.

>

and i should feel guilt for what? being the son of supportive parents,or maybe because through their success they are able to provide me with these things,

your right i've never really worked a day in my life......so!!!!!

and no i've never felt desperation, or the need to pay a bill,or where my next meal will come from...........so!!!!

i don't think i have to experiance poverty or hunger to know it exists,and i sure as hell don't think i have to pay some arbitrary dues to sastifiy anybodys notion of how i should live.

dick is a republican. he has never depended on anyone for a handout. At birth his mother's womb was like an ATM, giving himn all the cash he would ever need to support himself.

taylor's post proves that some guys here are just determined to be nasty, no matter how Hallmark the sentiments!

>and i should feel guilt for what? being the son of supportive

>parents,or maybe because through their success they are able

>to provide me with these things,

It's really sweet that your mommy and daddy support you, but assuming that you're telling the truth about your age (and I suspect you're much older), that means you're 21 years old.

Don't you think that 21 is a little bit old to be relying on your mommy and daddy for all of your needs? You're an adult in every sense now (leaving aside, of course, your intellect and ability to express yourself in written English). Getting everything you need from your mommy and daddy at 21 years old is rather stunted, psychologically impaired, and more than a little pathetic.

>your right i've never really worked a day in my

>life......so!!!!!

Gosh - that's a real shock. Given the way you conduct yourself and express yourself, who would have ever known that no employer has ever paid you a single penny for anything you have to offer.

>and no i've never felt desperation, or the need to pay a

>bill,or where my next meal will come from...........so!!!!

Do you realize what you're saying? You're saying that, although you are an adult, you still get everything you need from your mommy and daddy. Do you really have to ask what's wrong with that? I think you know -- you feel it deep inside of you - and it hurts - alot.

>i don't think i have to experiance poverty or hunger to know

>it exists,and i sure as hell don't think i have to pay some

>arbitrary dues to sastifiy anybodys notion of how i should

>live.

Establishing your independence by moving away from your mommy and daddy once you are an adult is not an "arbitrary due." It's called growing up - maturation - becoming psychologically healthy and self-sufficient.

If you are angry by anything I've written or don't feel like writing back, it's ok. Go tell your mommy about the mean boys on the Internet and I'm sure she'll be happy to come here and set us straight - right after she cooks your dinner and wipes your chin for you.

>>and i should feel guilt for what? being the son of

>supportive

>>parents,or maybe because through their success they are able

>>to provide me with these things,

>If you are angry by anything I've written

trust me cletus .....you don't have the power to elicit anger or any other emotion from me......you do amuse me though.

Since you have absolutely no idea of my family circumstances, your post could not be more off the mark. I come from a family of coal miners and silver miners and a father who went to work at the age of 13 to help pay the bills for the family. We all worked to make a living when I was growing up and we never had anything handed to us. I am a republican because I don't feel that the government should take care of me and mine as long as I am capable of doing so. I don't feel that I need to burnish my halo by helping those poor people who just are not capable of making it without Uncle Sugar paying the bill for them so they will vote for my party.

>>Especially so when someone else is paying the bills and

>>providing the food and room.

Doug69, stop picking on taylorky. IMO, he is a bright spot on this board and he can only speak from his own personal being and experiences, and just because his experiences and circumstances are not the same as others, does not mean that he doesn't have anything worthy of saying. From what I've read, I believe he is still in college, and as such, of course his parents would be helping him as much as they are able. There is nothing wrong with that, and he is indeed fortunate and I guess he was just realizing how he has taken that good fortune as a given in the past.

>and i should feel guilt for what? being the son of supportive

>parents,or maybe because through their success they are able

>to provide me with these things,

I didn't think anyone was saying you should feel guilty. But your post did start out with saying everyone should be thankful for their good fortune. I'm sure you realize and stated as such, that not everyone is as fortunate as you have been, either via who their parents are or as to the economic circumstances they were born into. As such, they can't thank "good fortune" but only their own resolve to rise above the "bad fortune" and to thank all those along the way who gave as much of themselves as they had to give to make it happen.

This "so called dismissal of you" because you were fortunate in your personal situation, is really a close-minded attitude and a form of reverse snobbery. People should be accepted for who they are as people, not lauded because they are fortunate or defiled because they are unfortunate and vice-versa, as afterall no one gets to pick what situation they are born into.

Well, I guess I went off topic, but this whole thread reminded me of my college days, when people I grew up with on the proverbial "other side of the tracks" disowned me because my best friend was from a well to do family and in turn the guys in his circle dismissed me as socially and economically inferior. No one could ever understand that and we're still good friends all these years later.

>just a thought...........i was just thinking how great life

>is and how much i enjoy it.

>

>i don't often show my appreciation for this life i have,and

>was wondering how many of you are truly appreciative for the

>good fortune you were blessed with.

>

>i hope most of you are as happy as i am,and are able to

>express it to those you love.

Cool thought Taylor Thanks. As another year is closer to it's end I too am very Thankful. I am in the Best Health of my life, have a good job and have met someone Very Special this year.

Yes, life is great and I do appreciate that.

>But, "Bucky", that's exactly the point - don't you see? That

>was the OLD me.

Actually, the "OLD" you was

HairyDomBraz27 and your newer posts are indeed better than your old since you've toned down the rhetoric.

Personally, I found Taylor's post refreshing and indeed uplifting. It's nice indeed to not only see someone happy on here, but brave enough to express it knowing that you and your ilk will never pass up the opportunity to piss on anyone's parade.

>I am a republican because I

>don't feel that the government should take care of me and mine

>as long as I am capable of doing so.

So you don't think we should have firefighters, police officers, highway systems, public schools, national parks, the military, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Center for Disease Control, Social Security and Medicare? I don't understand it when people equate government programs with only the welfare system. Dick, do you want to live in a country without a legal system, without a military, without free education, without safety net programs? You're capable of doing all of that on your own? The tax cuts, if not repealed, will eventually result in a loss of services upon which we all depend. That's a good thing?

Archived