A new Johnny's?

Cock Eyed Optimist
This topic is 3595 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just heard that Johnny's in Ft. Lauderdale is moving on Nov. 13 to Wilton Manors on 13th St. behind the Home Depot. In addition, they will not keep the name of "Johnny's".

Can any of the locals confirm this or add any new information?

Thanks

I have not been to Johnny's in quite sometime, but I will swing by in the next day or so and let you know what I find out. The owners plan initially was to move closer into Wilton Manors. If indeed he will relocate to 13th St. behind the Home Depot, all in all, that is not a bad location. that would put him just north of Sunrise fairly close to the Boardwalk. It is a much better neighborhood, and while not really in the heart of the Manor, for a strip club, it isn't bad. We shall see....

Their location is the least of Johnny's problems. If they move to Wilton Manors and don't improve the quality of the dancers it won't help.

Bozo

Hopefully being closer in to Wilton Manors, will increase business, and of course that would increase the number and quality of the dancers. Broward Blvd was always a bit too far, but if they don't keep the new place cleaner than the old place, I don't see things improving.

Hopefully being closer in to Wilton Manors, will increase business, and of course that would increase the number and quality of the dancers. Broward Blvd was always a bit too far, but if they don't keep the new place cleaner than the old place, I don't see things improving.

LOL I doubt there will be any change except the location... you'll still have that lazy manager. Sometimes Johnny's is great, sometimes it sucks - it just depends on the night you happen to be there. Guys come and go (haha no pun intended). But I like having it be closer to Boardwalk and Wilton Manors. If they were to actually put effort in, clean the place up, and go upscale, my big fear is the price structure would be more like Swinging Richards. When I got to places like SR, I end up window shopping. When I go to Johnny's, I have cash at the ready to make a purchase. :)

Just got off the phone with one of the bartenders. They will be opening on Friday, November 14th in the space that WAS home to Bill's Filling Station - 2209 Wilton Drive (behind the Old Depot, not Home Depot). Very near to Georgie's Alibi. Dancers and lap dance rooms will be at the ready!

Just got off the phone with one of the bartenders. They will be opening on Friday, November 14th in the space that WAS home to Bill's Filling Station - 2209 Wilton Drive (behind the Old Depot, not Home Depot). Very near to Georgie's Alibi. Dancers and lap dance rooms will be at the ready!

Whew....Much better!!! Much much better, actually it is a damn near perfect location. It is just the sort of place I was hoping they would move to, when they mentioned coming to Wilton Manors. Thanks Poppie for the information.

They can start the improvements by hiring some dancers who have more testosterone than estrogen !

Bozo

FLAG ON THE PLAY

I spoke out of turn. The new location is that of the OLD location of Bill's - N Flagler Drive & Sunrise Blvd. by the railroad tracks. This puts it a little SE of Home Depot on Sunrise Blvd. Sorry guys. Feeling a road trip coming on to check it out!!

FLAG ON THE PLAY

I spoke out of turn. The new location is that of the OLD location of Bill's - N Flagler Drive & Sunrise Blvd. by the railroad tracks. This puts it a little SE of Home Depot on Sunrise Blvd. Sorry guys. Feeling a road trip coming on to check it out!!

No worries Poppie. So Cock Eyed was correct the first time. Got it. Not a bad location. The area around the Home Depot off of Sunrise is decent and fairly safe after hours. Not as fun or convenient as being near the Alibi, but more discreet, if that is your thing.

AND as Jake mentions, it will be nice having it closer to the Boardwalk, and the clubs in Wilton Manor.

No worries Poppie. So Cock Eyed was correct the first time. Got it. Not a bad location. The area around the Home Depot off of Sunrise is decent and fairly safe after hours. Not as fun or convenient as being near the Alibi, but more discreet, if that is your thing.

AND as Jake mentions, it will be nice having it closer to the Boardwalk, and the clubs in Wilton Manor.

I will be in touch to arrange our next weekend of debauchery to celebrate the opening. It'll give the Federal Reserve enough time to print enough 1s for you.

I will be in touch to arrange our next weekend of debauchery to celebrate the opening. It'll give the Federal Reserve enough time to print enough 1s for you.

LOL...Well the good news is that we could probably just "cab it" or "Uber it" to 'Bravo' from the new location...;)

there may be a few twinks at Sebastien Beach :)

I agree this location should be much better for Johnny's and hopefully they ditch that mandatory valet parking!!! I always had fun at Johnny's but haven't been for a couple of years, mainly because of the location... but I will give it a try when I get there in a couple of weeks!

Woke up this morning to find a text from one of the bartenders. I'm told the move has been delayed. They are still open on Broward.

Thanks Poppie for the information. BTW is Alex still bartending there? He was the big muscle boy that worked the bar on pool table side of the club. The last year or so he had that beard thing going on.

Archived