A new Johnny's?

Cock Eyed Optimist
This topic is 3595 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, perhaps it was just a rumor after all. I am still getting their Facebook ads and invitations at their old place, with no mention whatsoever of an of an impending move.

Poppie mentioned that he got a text from a bartender who has said that the move has been delayed. I have not bothered to drive to what is reported to be the new location, to see if a space exists or that appears to be under construction or in the midst of a rehab. Might do that today. If I do and find anything out, I will report.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent last weekend in Ft. Lauderdale. Wow. SO much man candy in this town. Had the pleasure of a few meals at Beefcakes. Brunch with bottomless bloody mary's and mimosas 'till 4pm. Speaking of (almost) bottomless, the dancer running the car wash was HOT. Going back later that night, we found him dancing. I think my car is durty again. Took a tour of Pineapple Point guest house. Just beautiful. Chaney was our tour guide. Sitting here imagining him bringing us breakfast. YUM. Enjoyed both Johnny's and Boardwalk each night. Drove over to the new Johnny's location for a look. Told maybe a few more weeks to get the place ready. It is a stand alone building at the end of a string of businesses that look to be kind of a warehouse environment. Located just a few blocks from the Pride Factory, the new place looks to be at 1243 Flagler Drive. Another memory filled weekend for sure!

I forget which night it was, but he was in the front with Andreas ... he was shirtless ... gawd .... USDA Prime Beef. The beard has grown a bit too long for my taste, but the rest of him is SO smoking hot, it didn't matter much.

Aaahhh that is good news Poppie, thanks so much . Yeah the beard thing is a bit much, but I just might have to swing by to say hello. ;)

I saw him a few weeks ago. I think it was either a Wednesday or a Friday night - can't remember exactly which night it was.

This is probably wishful thinking but does he ever dance or just tend bar? And better yet, does he do private shows?

I do know that Wednesday was one of the nights he worked, and yes it is wishful thinking. ;) I know Alex very well, friends, family, and the gf, and he is straight...period. No playing with this boy, and he would never ever dance. It's been hard, but I have always respected his personal space. ;) He is working on changing careers.

can't get a permit?

I just heard a new rumor -- that, although the Broward building has been sold, Sean has not been able to get a permit for the new location because it is near a residential area where bars/stripping are problematic. Can anyone (poppie? bigvalboy?) comment on whether the permit is a problem? Google street view for the address Poppie gave is inconclusive -- I see the warehouse-type buildings, but there might be some apartments/houses fairly close by.

This may upset my plans-in-the-making for a visit....:(

Wow! The detective work continues. I "follow" Johnny's on Facebook and a while ago someone asked when they were moving, and the reply from whomever places the posts on Facebook was, "Who said anything about moving?"

I would have thought Sean would have done his detective work about the permit prior to buying or leasing the building.

And, I'm glad to hear Andreas is still bar tending.

Wow! The detective work continues. I "follow" Johnny's on Facebook and a while ago someone asked when they were moving, and the reply from whomever places the posts on Facebook was, "Who said anything about moving?"

I would have thought Sean would have done his detective work about the permit prior to buying or leasing the building.

And, I'm glad to hear Andreas is still bar tending.

lol....Have you met Sean? You see how he operates this location.

Working on information, will report when my connection is out of bed for the day, probably around 2 pm. ;)

th?id=HN.607987019500425145&pid=15.1&P=0

I do know that Wednesday was one of the nights he worked, and yes it is wishful thinking. ;) I know Alex very well, friends, family, and the gf, and he is straight...period. No playing with this boy, and he would never ever dance. It's been hard, but I have always respected his personal space. ;) He is working on changing careers.

Thanks for the quick response! Let's hope he changes his mind :)

Went to Johnny's last night. Usual crowd of OK twinks, but nothing to write home about. Decent crowd. I asked around and everyone is being tight lipped about the move. The best I could get out of the owner and that cute little manager is that the new place is ready to go, supposedly beautiful on the inside, but there is a problem with permits, but when pushed for details, he would not specify which permits are causing the problem.

I drove by what will be the new location. It is on Flagler by the railroad tracks, very close to the Pride Factory. Unless there is some part of the property that I could not see at night, parking looks like it will be problematic. From the outside the place appears to be newly painted and just ready for an opening. No one would commit on when the move will take place. For now, the old location is still running, should anyone decide a road trip to South Florida is necessary. I'll try and keep all the Johnny fans posted.

th?id=HN.608056297336144563&pid=15.1&w=137&h=101&p=0

According to a friend of mine who was a long time bartender in Ft Ldl that was part of the problem when the building was Bills. They apparently leased some parking from a business next door but that could be the problem. Also the neighborhood has most likely registered complaints about another bar again in close proximity to residential housing.

According to a friend of mine who was a long time bartender in Ft Ldl that was part of the problem when the building was Bills. They apparently leased some parking from a business next door but that could be the problem. Also the neighborhood has most likely registered complaints about another bar again in close proximity to residential housing.

Not only a bar, but a gay strip bar. That area is predominately black, and historically the black community and the gay community haven't exactly seen eye to eye on issues of morality. Not holding my breath on this one.

I went to Johnnys last night (Wednesday). When I first walked in, I felt like I was attending a funeral. Didn't hear people talking/laughing, it was relatively quiet except for the music, almost everyone was looking down at their phones, and a lot of the dancers were seated instead of walking around. It slowly got better but not by much. I was there for about a half hour then headed to Boardwalk.

I asked 2 of the dancers about the move and they were both aware of it. One said it will happen before the end of the year and the other didn't know. They both said management is only taking 20 "of the 60 or so" dancers to the new location and hiring new ones. They both also said they are among the 20 and management hasn't revealed this policy to all the dancers yet. That was probably the best news I've heard. Let's hope they really improve the quality of their dancers!!

Archived