Banished on BBC

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 3400 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Russell Tovey has a new series called Banished on BBC Two. You can watch it online if you're in the UK but if you're in the USA they won't let you watch it online. Any ideas on how to watch it?

Thanks.

Sign up with a British VPN, Virtual Private Network, provider. When you logon to the VPN BBC will think you're in Britain.

I do that with my Major League Baseball subscription. When my team is blacked out I my area, I use a Chicago based VPN to watch the local game.

For a number of years, I have subscribed to Graboid (http://www.graboid.com). Besides the usual US shows and movies, they have alot of British shows that are available the day after they air in the UK. I saw Downton Abbey when it aired in Sept., Broadchurch's new season when it aired Jan., etc. Banished is on there as well (I checked). They offer a free trial, so you can check it out. I subscribe to the lower priced 10,000 MB, which I've never used up in a month.

Banished is released in the UK on April 20. If you have a multi region dvd player, that's a great way to see series that air over there before they do here. I watch Downton Abbey, Dark Mirror, The Fall, Peaky Blinders, Intruders that way. Just ordered Wolf Hall. If you are more patient (which I am NOT), they also show up eventually on Netflix.

Personal favorite of all time that I did a six season binge on was Outrageous Fortune starring a very young Antony Starr (Banshee)as twins, Van and Jethro West. New Zealand series that failed here as Scoundrels with Virginia Madsen.

Archived