Swinging Richards Closing

Poppie
This topic is 3379 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

According to reliable sources, Swinging Richards in Pompano is having their closing party tonight.

Thanks for the info Poppie...I'm not surprised, they have been in crisis mode for about a year. I just never really thought that they would make it in that location. It seemed perfect at first, until you started going there, and then you realized that everything was problematic. Too expensive, unfriendly staff, too far removed from the rest of FTL, depressing location in the middle of an industrial section, and everything became an upsell. To be honest, Le Boy and the BW really upped their game. Every weekend the BW is really crowded. I personally think that the quality of dancers is up to par with the boys at SR, in fact many dance in both locations. ;) I ended up only going when guests were in from out of town and wanted a look-see.

thanks for the info, Poppie, and comments, BVB......got to visit it once last fall as a tourist, so the location and drive didn't bother me.....living in an area where places like SR don't exist, it certainly was a great visit for me and I'm glad I got to see it before it closed

there's still SR in Atlanta, which most say is great....

Sorry to hear the news... SR Pompano was superior to anything else in the area - and the dancers were generally top-notch. With the nexus of gay life having shifted north to Ft. Lauderdale, it should have done well. Boardwalk is a poor cousin in comparison to SR both in terms of the layout and experience.

Well I guess Swinging Richards is off the bucket list, even if it would only have been for a "look-see". Gotta see what else might get me to cross the alley when down South.

You would be welcome anytime WG in our "Humble Abode"....We still have plenty of places to 'hang your hat' ..:D

Is anyone going tonight? Hopefully someone can get the inside word on if & when Swinging Richards will make another go of it in Miami/FTL, or if they'll just abandon ship and stick with their bread & butter in Atlanta.

Not that surprised. Having been to both BW and SR in the last 3 months I found SR's venue far nicer but too big. They both have hot dancers but the dancers at BW are much friendlier. I have not been to LB having heard mixed reviews I just skipped it on my last trip south.

Official message from SR posted on Facebook yesterday:

It saddens me to say that our club location has been sold to a new owner that plans on turning it into a female strip club. Come join us tomorrow for our last night. We are looking at other locations to relocate, maybe even Aventura again.

I have yet to visit the SR of the north. But if enough of yall ever decide to go together for a Hooville outing, I'll join the group as long as someone holds my hand to guide me through the experience. Ya know I get so nervous about these things. :p

It sounds like they lost their spot only because the new owner of their location wanted to do something different, a common problem for any business. So it sounds like there's a decent chance that there will be a SR Florida 3.0. Hopefully third time's a charm.

I went last night and the place was packed. I got my final lapdance in from chad and rico. I said goodbye to all. It is like losing a friend.

As they say, when one door closed.....

I spoke with management and dancers, and it appears they are hoping to be in a new location in 3 months. There was also a discussion they may be back at their aventura facility since the club that took over isn't doing well.

Thanks goodness I'll be visiting montreal in august to ease my swinging richards pain.

Not surprised here. I am a frequent visitor to strip clubs in North America. Never went to the SR Pompano location but did go many times to the North Miami Beach location. Whenever I go South Florida, I always base myself in South Beach rather than Fort Lauderdale. Going from South Beach to Pompano is out of the question if one plans to have more than 1-2 cocktails.....which I always do. I think the Pompano location was doomed from the start due to its distance from Miami Dade County and also due to its size. They already had serious problems filling the North Miami Beach location (except for Friday and Saturday) and it was smaller than the new location as I understand it. The owners would be smart to find a new location that is more centrally located.

Archived