Swinging Richards Florida update?

andymn
This topic is 3342 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Any rumors about a new location for Swinging Richards in south Florida?

wondering here, too....I may make another visit back there in November and I had a blast (very much a newbie to that scene) last November at the old Pompano location one evening

Well "word on the street" is that they are trying to return to the north Miami area, possibly back to the old location in Aventura. That being said...I know, "there's no word and there's no street"...lol...Many of the dancers from SR went to the BW after they closed. The whole vibe has changed at the BW, and not for the better...IMHO anyway. Life goes on.

Went to Le Boy last night, and the "word on the street is" from patrons from Atlanta, is that Swinging Richards is not returning to another location in South Florida.....in fact....they said that Swinging Richards is closing in Atlanta also. Can anyone confirm? is this the end of SR? Say it isn't so.

Went to Le Boy last night, and "word on the street is" from patrons from Atlanta, is that Swinging Richards is not returning to another location in South Florida.....in fact....they said that Swinging Richards is closing in Atlanta also. Can anyone confirm? is this the end of SR? Say it isn't so.

Haven't heard any reports about LeBoy for a long time -- what, if anything has changed since March? Do they still have the pricing scheme that had us all upset? What's the dancer lineup like nowadays?

Haven't heard any reports about LeBoy for a long time -- what, if anything has changed since March? Do they still have the pricing scheme that had us all upset? What's the dancer lineup like nowadays?

It's been two months since the last time I stopped by also. I was there with friends from out of town. Everyone had a great time. Chris the bartender is still there, but Alex, the muscle boy with the beard, and Sawyer, the tall blond are both gone. The line up of dancers was quite good. Not my type, but if you are into twinks and little muscle twinks, then there was plenty of eye candy to go around. They are still doing two drag shows a night, but in my humble opinion, they are infinitely better than they used to be. Simple and entertaining. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the show and participate in the festivities. Other than that, the pricing for the boys is the same, as is the art work on the wall for a cool $3,500. ( That always makes me laugh) . The boys do work the room more than at the old Johnny's and all were very flirtatious.

Lastly...I ordered a Bombay Tonic and it was $14.... the $14 dollar top shelf pricing was a little ridiculous. The bartender actually apologized for the price of the drink, he said that was even more than Swinging Richards used to charge..

And parking is now $4...up from $3.

Hope that helps..

Went to Le Boy last night, and "word on the street is" from patrons from Atlanta, is that Swinging Richards is not returning to another location in South Florida.....in fact....they said that Swinging Richards is closing in Atlanta also. Can anyone confirm? is this the end of SR? Say it isn't so.

I had not heard anything at all about the Atlanta location closing. That would be such a shame! Is your source reliable?

Is your source reliable?

One of the bartenders from Swinging Richards is working at Le Boy now, he and two customers from Atlanta confirmed tonight that indeed the Swinging Richards in Atlanta is for sale, and that the Pompano SR is not relocating to Miami or anywhere else in Florida. This might be the end of a rather nice run for Swinging Richards.......http://www.boytoy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/bye.gif

Archived