Ft. Lauderdale

Poppie
This topic is 2794 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Planning a road trip to Ft. Lauderdale soon. Wanna check out Le Boy again. Anyone have a recent experience they'd like to share?

Not sure the last time you were there, but Le Boy has gotten better. A few changes. Ricky, Alex, and Sawyer are all gone...yes I know, very depressing. (Sawyer moved north, and Alex is at Score in Miami, and Ricky went to greener pastures)...Chris is still there and a bartender from Swinging Richards is now in the back patio. Big kid, mid-thirties, shaved head.(forgot his name) He was nice enough, but top shelf is now $14 bucks a pop. Almost $30 for two drinks. Outrageous...The quality of the dancers, at least when I was there on the weekend was very decent, no real complaints. The Drag Show was infinitely better than before, a little cheesy, but fun nonetheless.

Pricing for the VIP rooms/lap dance area is still the same, but on any given night, everyone in the back is willing to negotiate.

Shawn installed a rather large remote air-conditioner on the back patio, and that helps on the nights where the temps just won't cooperate.

Parking is still $4 dollars, but on the weekends, self-park fills up, and you have to give your car and keys to the valet so that they can double park you.

*If this post sounds a tad bit unenthusiastic, it's because I'm over the joint. I only go when guests come from out of town.

Did Ricky work at Dudes? I loved one of the Bartenders at Dudes and I think his name was Ricky.

I can't be sure...I just met him a few months back. Late 20's/early thirties, short, dark complexion, black hair, beefy, extremely friendly. Not sure if that helps. At any rate they're all gone....:(

• 6 months later...

Yeah I've been checking the board every few weeks and noticed the Ft Lauderdale chatter drop off too. I've only made a few visits since the changes. Can't believe I'm saying it, but I miss Johnny's! lol It was a dump, but I had a lot more fun there.

It's a drive from Ft Lauderdale, but I prefer the Floppy Rooster near the Miami airport. I find LeBoy to have too many twinks, and Boardwalk dancers too aggressively angling for private dances. Floppy Rooster has a great mix of guys in a more low-pressure environment. Plus the full nudity doesn't hurt either.

It's a drive from Ft Lauderdale, but I prefer the Floppy Rooster near the Miami airport. I find LeBoy to have too many twinks, and Boardwalk dancers too aggressively angling for private dances. Floppy Rooster has a great mix of guys in a more low-pressure environment. Plus the full nudity doesn't hurt either.

It looks like the FR opens at 9:00 every night?

Yeah Boardwalk does have some stage activity. It's kind of like a library though. If the music at the spots is too much for you, the early evenings are the time to go. I like the energy of louder music, but to each his own.

And Poppie glad to hear it's not only me. Last time I was in Lauderdale was about 6 months ago and when I drove by Johnny's, I felt weird for missing it. It smelled awful. Sound system was a mess. No ventilation. But damn one could have far more fun for the dollar then!

I got all nostalgic and depressed when I saw it abandoned... except for one homeless dude.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah257/JakesTravels/IMG_1020_zpsvjqyhhcy.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah257/JakesTravels/IMG_1021_zpswh4llmaw.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Was in Ft Laud this month and dropped in to both spots. Nothing much really new to report. Boardwalk - same ol same ol. More of the gym going 20 and 30 somethings. No real standouts. At LeBoy, the usual crowd of college age twinks. Sorry for a bland update, but neither really wow'd me or changed much since my visit last year. One thing to note. Looks like they realize $100 for a private dance is ridiculous. They were offering $30 for 10 minutes a few times. You have to listen for the drag queen (ugh) to announce it. Which means having to pay attention to a drag queen. (ugh again) I did one of those - they put you at one of the little booths near the front of the private area which is smaller.

Still miss Johnnys. Still can't believe I'm saying that. lol

BTW, minimum is $80, but I'm assuming a tip... so you can theoretically do a private at LB for $80. Still ridiculous to me... if it all went to the dancer, it'd be one thing. But Sean is still taking money from their pockets with this structure. I know other clubs have done it this way, but it's led the dancers to start pressure you for cash while they walk around. Don't blame them. They have to make $.

geoff - didn't even insinuate that bro but uh thanks for playing o_O

lrtwo - thanks! Didn't really frame them artistically, but glad you liked! It was more of a situation where I was just trying to get a couple snapshots fast with the window down because it was pouring rain. But yeah the weather fit the mood. Just one homeless guy standing near the old entrance, most of the signage gone, empty lot... was just really depressing.

Oh before I forget, the big haired kid who kind of looks like Corbin Bleu someone was asking about in a different thread a while back at LB... he's still there. His dancer name is Dante. Energetic and flexible little dude! According to his Grindr, 18, 5'5, 125, Latino. He was still there pretty much every night I went. Instagram name is itzyonce (https://www.instagram.com/itzyonce)

Oh before I forget, the big haired kid who kind of looks like Corbin Bleu someone was asking about in a different thread a while back at LB... he's still there. His dancer name is Dante. Energetic and flexible little dude! According to his Grindr, 18, 5'5, 125, Latino. He was still there pretty much every night I went. Instagram name is itzyonce (https://www.instagram.com/itzyonce)

thank you for the info! he's a cutie. did you get a dance from him at all? did you get any other info from his grindr - top/bottom?

i see on his instagram that he's a talented contemporary dancer, too, wow

I was in South Florida this past weekend and went to both Leboy and Boardwalk on Friday night. As mentioned, Leboy was same as usual - nothing but twinks. I had one drink and headed to BW. I found BW to be decently busy - about 40 dancers, which was surprisingly a lot but glad it was busy. Some new ones but a good mix of athletic to muscled builds.

Archived