Montreal: Lux v Taboo

lokki
This topic is 3101 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have to thank those of you who've talked about Lux on this board. It's been awhile since I've been to Montreal. I'd never even heard of Lux before reading about it here. As a twink lover, Taboo was always my favorite. I headed straight for Taboo on my arrival but was quickly turned off by the boys either hanging with one customer or with other boys. And, as others have mentioned, the staff, at least the one I encountered, is nasty!

I beat a quick retreat. And then I saw Lux. To me, it's what Taboo used to be. Friendly, inviting, a number of cute boys: twinks, a stocky boy or two, and a couple of lean, muscular, ripped guys. I enjoyed a number of dances upstairs ($20 Canadian = $15 US right now, with contact) with several that were hot to me. Only saw one boy settled with one client for a long period; the others were circulating, open, friendly.

I doubt I'll even enter Taboo again. Lux is my new favortie! (Not open during the day but afternoons is when Campus has more the guys of my taste.)

Lux really is an underdog. I haven't been to Montreal in about a year, but I always drop in for a few minutes. In my previous visits, Lux was the only place that offered real private dances. I don't like having other customers or dancers being visible when I'm doing a dance. Lux was unorganized and dead when I was last in Montreal, but it was also the only place I did any private dances. As long as you find a guy or two you like, the private dance situation is 100x better at Lux than any of the other clubs.

Jake, how much more private are the dances at Lux vs Stock Bar? As I recall, Stock Bar has curtains you pull closed.

I don't recall. My general rate is $20/song or that $50 for 10-15 mins routine I mentioned earlier in the Ft Lauderdale thread I started this weekend. Stock does have curtains if you pay more. But Stock never really has my type of dancer. Not so much into beefy muscular guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all who've posted Lux recommendations on this board. Not sure how new it is, but I wasn't aware of it till I readabout it here. It is low key for sure, but I saw several beautiful boys and enjoyed several private dances. My new fav! (NOTE: It's more twinks than muscle guys, which is my preference and I found it much more hospitable than Taboo.)

• 5 months later...
Many thanks to all who've posted Lux recommendations on this board. Not sure how new it is, but I wasn't aware of it till I readabout it here. It is low key for sure, but I saw several beautiful boys and enjoyed several private dances. My new fav! (NOTE: It's more twinks than muscle guys, which is my preference and I found it much more hospitable than Taboo.)

Good to know.

lokki -

Lux is the latest name of a bar that has been there for years. A previous name was L'Adonis. Pretty sure there have been other names too. Looks like they have done quite a bit of remodeling since I was there last. Just might have to check it out next time we are in town.

Did you chance upon a handsome dancer who goes by Derek?

Archived