Boardwalk Shooting

Cooper
This topic is 3203 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Didn’t hear any shots from inside the club, but word spread quickly. The parking lot was the crime scene, so it was roped off with the yellow tape & no cars could leave for over 3 hours. Overheard that it was a dancer who was shot, but I’m an infrequent visitor (from Tampa area) so I didn’t get a lot of details.

Nope, no panic in the club. In fact, if it hadn't been for the red & blue lights flashing outside the door I wouldn't even have known anything was going on. Only saw 2 or 3 cops come inside for a couple seconds, didn't see them talking to anyone. The investigation was all contained in the parking lot. Main feeling in the club was frustration that we couldn't get our cars out. Didn't want to keep drinking either; wanted to be under my limit when I could finally leave in case some of the cops were still around (and a few were).

Nope, no panic in the club. In fact, if it hadn't been for the red & blue lights flashing outside the door I wouldn't even have known anything was going on. Only saw 2 or 3 cops come inside for a couple seconds, didn't see them talking to anyone. The investigation was all contained in the parking lot. Main feeling in the club was frustration that we couldn't get our cars out. Didn't want to keep drinking either; wanted to be under my limit when I could finally leave in case some of the cops were still around (and a few were).

Were any of them working it? Love a man in uniform

I was there last night and heard the same thing from several of the dancers. Apparently one of the dancers was in a patron's car and was robbed or attempted to get robbed then was shot. It happened in the back parking lot.

I didn't notice any increased security.

You know, as safe as the neighborhood is, weird stuff happens like that all the time in Florida. I was nearly carjacked at a nearby grocery store parking lot a couple of years ago by a "pregnant" woman with a dead battery. I told her I would get security to help jump the car, and she quickly hopped in the car, drove off with another car full of men following. Guess her battery spontaneously recharged itself, lol.

Anyways, thank goodness everyone is going to be OK

Archived